Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Just can't get the audio to sound right (04 HK)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:27 PM
swunder
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just can't get the audio to sound right (04 HK)

Have a JVC head unit with the HK enabler and a working stock amp/speakers/tweeters. I just can't get the settings to sound right though. I feel like I either have wayyy too much bass, or no bass at all.

I don't have much of an ear for these things so its really difficult for me to tell which sound field i'm on (I got the enabler with the button to change the modes). Is there an audio file that makes it easy to tell exactly what I'm on?

I'd like good bass for EDM/Hip Hop, but still want to hear the voices (i guess treble?) loudly without the bass rattling the car apart! I turned the woofer down to 0, and lowered the bass on the EQ but its still 'bumping' when i turn it up at all.

But if I switch to a different field, it sounds completely different. One is hollow and echos, one is zero bass and honestly the rest sound the same to me; all sound from the front speakers and nothing or maybe bass from the rear.

Any tips?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Eleo
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I experience the same things to some extent. The bass powerful, which I actually like. I just feel like the clarity is lacking at higher frequencies. I can't hear voices as clearly as I'd like to, especially over the bass in itself. Could it just be a limitation of the system?

But I also wonder if some of this isn't the source; I listen to a variety of music and some of it just sounds better than others.

I have my HK Enabler set to Mini H/K with Driver mode off. I was told that turning it on might help.

Sorry I don't have any concrete tips, just adding in my experience.