MTTS 2010 Mini USA owes us an apology.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 PM
morwen
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MTTS 2010 Mini USA owes us an apology.

I got to Denver and was told by the Mini rep at the registration table, that the "getting a tee shirt for pins" thing listed on the MTTS registration info was an "internet rumor". The girl manning the Mini USA desk at Infinity Park in Denver told me that, and that she knew the guy that wrote the MTTS pages and it was never on there.

I told her then he was lying, as I saw it with my own eyes, I did not hear it as a rumor. A friend was kind enough to find it in google's cache. (Although when I saw the page on May 25th it said you got the tee shirt if you collected 5 pins.)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

She had those of us that asked about the tee shirt fill out a form with our name, address and shirt size and supposedly we'll be mailed tee shirts. I'm not holding my breath at this point, but I would like to know if anyone has the email address of anyone important at Mini USA. I think they owe all of us who drove to Denver and hit every stop on the way to get the pins to get the promised shirt, who then got to Denver and got called liars by the registration desk girl, an apology.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:27 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes based on that I would say you should have gotten a tee shirt.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:47 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
It sounds like there was a miscommunication and that you are going to get a shirt in the mail. Why, exactly, would they owe you an apology?

Old 08-20-2010, 05:06 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Geez, good thing they weren't suppose to give you anything fancier than a t-shirt

Hope you get your shirt.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Wetworth
2nd Gear
That's kinda crappy. Did they remove the shirt thing from the website? I read it when I registered, I remember thinking "crap, I'm only going to 3" .

Old 08-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MLPearson79
It sounds like there was a miscommunication and that you are going to get a shirt in the mail. Why, exactly, would they owe you an apology?
Because they lied, but then tried to call out the OP as a liar.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 AM
GBMINI
6th Gear
So. The only reason you drove all the way to Denver was for a Tshirt? You'd have been better to buy one at your local Walmart.

MINI USA changed a number of things right up to and maybe during the event; it clearly is a huge event that takes massive organisation and some things clearly fall through the cracks.
Also as they mentioned in the big evening do, it's supported by sponsors (Sirius, Garmin, Harman Kardon); maybe there was not enough support to pay for all that happened.

As it was you had hopefully a very enjoyable time, free food in many places, free drink too, is a Tshirt really so important that you're now not happy and ready to bash MINI USA folks?

I also heard about a Tshirt for run completers; they did it in 2006 but they didn't this time. I'd have been quite happy to get a Tshirt, but I'm not in any way grumpy about not getting one, I'm just thrilled to have been part of the great MTTS 2010 event!

And for the paranoid, saying "internet rumor" is not lying - the OP says that they were the ones calling "liar".

Some people are just never happy

Old 08-20-2010, 05:33 PM
morwen
2nd Gear
When the Mini USA folks change things, don't explain and pretty much call you a liar when you tell them you saw it on the registration site when you signed up, you bet I'll call them out on it.

No, I didn't drive all the way to Denver for a t-shirt. However I might not have stopped at every location along the way. There isn't a damn thing in Dodge City and the drive from there to I-70 that should have been a 2 hour drive took us 4 hours due to all the construction.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:02 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
"Pretty much call you a liar"...so they didn't *actually* call you a liar. It just sounds like there was a miscommunication, something got changed, and not everyone knew about it.

I'm not saying you don't deserve to get the shirt you earned. I'm just saying you're going to get it, so I don't see the point in raising a stink about it. You did it, you're getting your shirt. Case closed.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Burno
2nd Gear
Heh...........T-shirt ( Dip stick rag ) is more like it

Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 PM
howsoonisnow1985
6th Gear
I think you should have gotten that t-shirt for making the entire trip. Probably not a big deal for those of us who did not make the entire trip, but I could see that I would be pissed if MINI reniged on the deal. Prolly should have gotten a badge too, since you were the backbone of the event. You should print the cached ad and mail it to them, the only way they will prolly send shirts is if you make a big fuss, like they say squeeqy wheel gets the oil.

Last edited by howsoonisnow1985; 08-21-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 PM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
I did the whole thing too. You have to realize that miniusa, mini marketing and mini advertising are 3 different companies. It's amazing they all worked together.

I saw one of the shirts. I know they exist. I am waiting by the mailbox happily. MTTS was the most amazing experience of my life. Worth every mile, drop of gas, audio book, and purchased swag. The shirt will just be icing on the cake. And I'm sure its coming.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:36 PM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You can contact MINI USA through either the MINI USA or owner's lounge website.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:27 PM
maxxboy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GBMINI

Some people are just never happy.

I know that's right. MINI could have given everyone a brand new MINI and some would still complain. "That's not the color I wanted" or "Those aren't the wheels I want" or something. Perhaps the OP should skip the next MTTS.

Originally Posted by AggieMini11

I saw one of the shirts. I know they exist. I am waiting by the mailbox happily. MTTS was the most amazing experience of my life. Worth every mile, drop of gas, audio book, and purchased swag. The shirt will just be icing on the cake. And I'm sure its coming.
They certainly knew about the special t shirt when I got to the registration table in Denver. I simply asked and was given the form to complete and they scanned my credential.

I also had a wonderful time. It was the best of the three MTTS so far. I certainly got my $25 registration fee worth of fun and then some. Of course it was nice when MINI pulled me up on stage and gave me a certificate for a brand new set of tires!! Thanks MINI!

Old 08-21-2010, 12:53 PM
motodad307
1st Gear
I filled out the form for mine also. For $25 bucks it was the best time we ever had too. We ate more food than that. We drove from Ohio to the West coast and ran the Rally from there. Drove a total of 7500 miles in 2 weeks. We now have 11,000 miles on our 2 1/2 month old new Clubman.

We won the Road Warrior award, $50 in iTunes, and a set of Harmon/kardon soundsticks. My wife also won the raffle in San Francisco for another set of soundsticks! And I can't even begin to list all the swag!

Thanks again MINI can't wait until the next one.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Ya I filled out the form. I had to ask though. And they did ask for your badge number so as not to have people getting tshirts for only doing one event. Also if I don't get it oh well. I got like 15 other shirts from different places to include a free one from MINI of Knoxville that I didn't even ask for.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:04 AM
packimocity
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by motodad307
I filled out the form for mine also. For $25 bucks it was the best time we ever had too. We ate more food than that. We drove from Ohio to the West coast and ran the Rally from there. Drove a total of 7500 miles in 2 weeks. We now have 11,000 miles on our 2 1/2 month old new Clubman.

We won the Road Warrior award, $50 in iTunes, and a set of Harmon/kardon soundsticks. My wife also won the raffle in San Francisco for another set of soundsticks! And I can't even begin to list all the swag!

Thanks again MINI can't wait until the next one.
wow, I thought my 11K on my May 1st purchased 2010 MCS was at the top of the chart!

we also did MTTS from the east coast (PA to denver) so I put on 4K on that trip but I also did N.Maine earlier in the summer.

and..what was Road Warrior award? how did you get it?

thanks
packimocity

Old 08-22-2010, 12:01 PM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
I was waived through the registration at Denver so I didn't get a chance to fill out a form for the shirt. I just assumed with all the scanning along the way it would just be automatically mailed to us. I was kinda looking forward to getting one. I'm a tshirt *****. I sent an email to info@MTTS2010.com with my shirt size, badge number, and address. We'll see if it shows up!

Old 08-22-2010, 12:40 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
With all that MINI did for me.. I bought a shirt! no other car maker does these fun events and takes care of the customers like MINI does.

Thank U MINI for the good times!

Old 08-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wikedgolf
With all that MINI did for me.. I bought a shirt! no other car maker does these fun events and takes care of the customers like MINI does.

They need to spend the extra money on quality control!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MLPearson79
"Pretty much call you a liar"...so they didn't *actually* call you a liar. It just sounds like there was a miscommunication, something got changed, and not everyone knew about it.

I'm not saying you don't deserve to get the shirt you earned. I'm just saying you're going to get it, so I don't see the point in raising a stink about it. You did it, you're getting your shirt. Case closed.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:32 AM
ke4sfq
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wikedgolf

Old 08-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Keith4499
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ke4sfq
I did the whole West Coast rally starting in Portland, OR.
Had a lot of fun, thank you MINI USA.

Keith

Old 08-29-2010, 06:50 AM
carman63
3rd Gear
I can remember seeing the t-shirt offer on the web site as well. I wound up calling the number on the MTTS page, asking about where I could get my registration packets. (We live near DC but couldn't stay for the event; I wanted to grab the goodie bags, then meet up in Pittsburgh as planned).

First time I called, I was told I could NOT pick up the bags in DC at FedEX Field. 2nd time I called, different person, said I certainly could. But I was told by the first person, that the "free shirt" offer was NEVER on the page, and oh BTW I'm looking at it RIGHT NOW and it's NOT THERE. Whatever. Web sites change. Rules change.

Once in Denver, a new friend mentioned to me that you could sign up for the special shirt, so I did. They asked for the number associated with the bar code on my badge, looked at my pins to verify that I had 4 of the cities, had me fill out a form, and that was that. If it shows up in my mailbox, I'll be happy. If not, well we're still planing on doing MTTS 2012

Old 08-29-2010, 09:21 AM
maacodale
4th Gear
WHAT?! No shirt?! That's it, I'm selling my MINI!..........seriously?