MITM 2011 - August 4 - 7, Winter Park CO

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You heard it here first the 6th Annual MINIs In The Mountains will again be held in Winter Park Colorado on Thursday August 4th thru Sunday August 7, 2011.

Reserve your vacation time now and watch for more details to come.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 AM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Count me in! I am back from the desert, and will ask for the time off from work as soon as I get back to CO.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 AM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm happy this year won't be hijacked by MTTS. Can't wait 'til August!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
6th Annual MITM Update

As most of you know by now we have set the dates and location for the 6th annual MITM. We have again selected Winter Park, Colorado as our venue and have bumped the event up one week from last year to minimize school conflicts. Join us at the Winter Park Resort on August 4th through August 7th, 2011.

We plan to set-up on Wednesday August 3rd from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM followed by our traditional, informal and totally social brew swap for those of you that can make it. Thursday August 4th at 9:00 AM the registration doors will swing open along with the vendor and car wash areas. Each day we are planning group drive opportunities around 10:00 AM for long routes and 2:00 PM for the shorter journeys. We also are working on our first auto-x event at MITM which will be a multi-day activity in one of the prettiest, freshly paved lots you have ever seen. We have planned another town parade and concert as well as our NUF! car show and a final event meal.

We are pleased to report that Winter Park Resorts has held the room rates at last year's levels and has again provided our participants with deeply discounted group rates. So if you enjoyed last year there are even more reasons to enjoy this year. Oh and did I mention that we won't be in direct competition with MINI Takes The States? That's right, just us this time so no divided attention, split venues or conflicting activities.

Finally I want to draw your attention to the fact we are holding a contest to create a logo for MITM 2011. Details can be found on our website at www.MINIsInTheMountains.com. You need to hurry as the deadline for entry is January 31st but the prize is worth the effort. The creator of the selected logo will receive 3 nights of free lodging during MITM (8/4 – 8/7). This 2-bedroom condo in Fraser Crossing or Founders Pointe is a $650 value. So look up the rules, put on your thinking caps and come up with a logo you would like to see on our badges, letterhead and t-shirts.

We hope you choose to come out and motor with us in Winter Park, CO August 4 - 7, 2011 we enjoyed having you last year and we know it will be even more fun this year. Check out our website (www.MINIsInTheMountains.com) for all the skinny on activities, venue and lodging. Make your vacation plans soon and be sure to grab a room at your first opportunity.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
I will be there on the 3rd, as much as all the vendors have helped me out last year it's time for me to do a little for them.

Plus if any easterner's want to bootlegg some YUENGLING out west for the brew swap, I'm not gona stop them. I will stop up at the GORE RANGE BREWERY and get some of Colorado's best to trade with.

Are we doing Mt. EVANS at midnight this year? It seemed like in 2007 it was the biggest event, I couldnt make the run in '08, there wasnt as many in '09, then I heard that only 15 cars went up last August. I hope it's not a dead ride.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Only the bravest of souls attempt Mt Evans at midnight. Over the years the numbers have waned but the thrill is still there. Winter Park is 30 minutes closer to Mt. Evans so the thrill is even easier to obtain - if you dare.
As for beer, make mine a lager! I love Yuengling!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
AH-HAAA not too many CO. folk even know what YUENGLING is, let alone tried it. I prefer their BLACK AND TAN but everyones taste is different.

As for Mt. Evans at midnight, if I would of gone up for the first time durring the day, I deffinately wouldn't of been going that fast in a stock COOPER! (Watch that first turn after the ticket booth, I hit gravel on the wrong side of the road back in '07!)

Squaw pass is best as a Saturday run (All the Denver exotics go up to play), Indipendance pass is a long one, but so worth the time especially if you can stop at the GORE RANGE in Edwards for lunch or dinner. The Steamboat ride just takes too long, but there are really so many great driving roads and small towns to visit here you cant go wrong. I know some off the wall routes through the hills, but most of them involve a little wash boarded dirt. Some of the directions include: Look for the blue canue sticking through a windmilll on the right side of the road. SEIRIOUSLY

Old 01-22-2011, 12:42 AM
schreinbo
2nd Gear
Someone is bringing yuengling? Just name the price! Never done squaw pass in the car, only on the motorcycle and it is a great road all the way to Idaho Springs. Wonderful breakfast burritos at the little ski/coffee shop just across I-70, don't blink or you will miss it!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:30 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DICKS GARAGE R53
...I know some off the wall routes through the hills, but most of them involve a little wash boarded dirt. Some of the directions include: Look for the blue canue sticking through a windmilll on the right side of the road. SEIRIOUSLY
It sounds as if you have just volunteered for the MITM Ride Committee. Email me at info@minisinthemountains.com and I will fill you in on all the details. Thanks for the offer, we need all the help we can get.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:31 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Originally Posted by schreinbo
Someone is bringing yuengling? Just name the price! Never done squaw pass in the car, only on the motorcycle and it is a great road all the way to Idaho Springs. Wonderful breakfast burritos at the little ski/coffee shop just across I-70, don't blink or you will miss it!
You my MINI friend need to join our club! Check us out at www.MINI5280.org today and come out an play.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
My co-pilot and I really want to join you all this year but cannot make a commitment this far out. What is a good close to the last minute time frame for finding accomodations and proper registration for the event?

I first became aware of Yuengling watching some show and noticed an interesting label on a bottle. I ran the dvr back and hit pause so I could read it then went to school on google. Another tv discovered beer I've got to try is Herman Joseph. Norm handed Woody a six pack as a going away present on an episode of Cheers. Ya gotta watch the screen for beer labels as well as MINIs during the street scenes. That beer label on the new series Blue Bloods is a phony made up just for the program. So, what are the expectations for participating in the beer swap party?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
I would say, just to have fun, meet some new people, try some new beers, and most of all to stay safe while doing it. Just remember alcohol afects people a lot quicker at high altitudes, so know your limmits.

I was talking with the owner of Peak EuroSport yesterday, and he sounded pretty excited to be having a booth in the vendor area this year. All I really wanted was a price on an alignment, for when I get my suspension all togeather. And he brought it up, and even said he might need to get a MINI.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Peak is a good friend of MINI5280 and we are excited to have them at MITM 2011.

Now as far as registration -
We will open for business on April 1st and will close registration on July 22.

By the way, that is July 22, not the 23rd because you were waiting for your sister's boyfriend's cat to die or even the 24th because you had to wait to cash a check until after you donated plasma and the 22nd was too close to your last donation so they wouldn't let you in or even, must I say, the 26th because you just bought a MINI in April and your BFF didn't tell you about MITM in time to register but she has the time off and you'd really like to come if we would just take a late registration just this once.

July 22nd 20:42 MDT - that is the deadline (not 20:43 because you thought it would be cool to be the very last one to register). Plan accordingly.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:53 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
I call dibbs on being first!

"If your not first, your last."

Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
Knowing the difference between a pitot tube and a pilot relief tube, I am acquainted with the effect of alcohol and altitude.

(By the way, that is July 22, not the 23rd because you were waiting for your sister's boyfriend's cat to die or even the 24th because you had to wait to cash a check until after you donated plasma and the 22nd was too close to your last donation so they wouldn't let you in or even, must I say, the 26th because you just bought a MINI in April and your BFF didn't tell you about MITM in time to register but she has the time off and you'd really like to come if we would just take a late registration just this once)

...makes perfect sense. Should that worry me?

Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
We'll be there again this year, and along with the Mini-Poopers, we'll be staying at the very dog friendly Vintage.

My son and his family will be joining us (in their '04 JCW) and he's talking about leading a group up from Phoneix too...

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Oh, and my wife thanks you for the 10 am start times, as someone who works nights - early mornings are not her friend, but she should be able to make those!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:51 AM
GreenR53
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would love bring some Yuengling out just gotta head back to PA and get some before coming out.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Tater Tot
2nd Gear
Just to get everyone in the mood for summer in the mountains, the last two days have been -34 in the morning and not getting above zero till today, we made it to 10 today. Its a heatwave. But it is a dry cold, see everyone in the summer.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Something else you can add to your MITM marketing strategy:

MINIs in the Mountains saves gas!

Here's the evidence -

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...y-history.html

Old 02-13-2011, 11:45 AM
schreinbo
2nd Gear
Gil, that is some serious record keeping there! Watch out for the sport button on your new MCS, it wants you to do bad things and it gets hungry!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Our MITM documentary is finished and available for viewing on Youtube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8nIU8fVxq0

Perhaps someone can embed the video in this thread since I've never seemed to be able to figure out how to do this.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Mark your calendars for April 1st (yes we know it is April Fools Day) as that is the day MITM 2011 registration begins.

www.MINIsInTheMountains.com

Old 03-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Evasive
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm definitely going but only plan on staying 2 days and one night. Seems like most of the activities will be happening Friday and Saturday so I'll book my lodging for Friday evening.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:10 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
You'll miss the big parade on Thursday night and the free concert in the park. Also tons of rides each day. Missing Sunday means no Farewell Brunch at 11,000 ft in the Lodge at Sunspot - good food, great company and amazing views.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Evasive
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well darnit MiniMaybee...I'll have to keep that in mind.

Quick Reply: MITM 2011 - August 4 - 7, Winter Park CO