MITM4 - Friday Dinner Details!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MITM4 - Friday Dinner Details!

Those of you frequenting these threads and our website www.MINIsintheMountains.com know that this year, our Friday dinner is offsite at www.BBQattheSummit.com a CO State Championship BBQ Contest.

MITM4 Staff and Volunteers will be there on the NW Northwest Corner of the site. We are just inside the corner of Lake Dillon Drive and Buffalo Street, right by the Kids Zone and spaces 300-310. There is a bathroom (well, portapotty) right in front of us. If you cannot find us, ask for Beerstand 3 or Beerstand 1 (Bud, Coors, etc ie the common stuff) and we are there. We have our tent and banner, and of course, the MINI.....

That means that there is no sit down dinner, rather a fun dinner / carnival / outdoor / sort of atmosphere. Now the details: (there is no fee to enter the area)
  • Dinner will be in Dillon, CO about 7 miles down the Interstate in Summit County (just past Frisco, across the highway from Silverthorne, right on the big lake (Dillon Reservoir, water supply for Denver).
  • You can arrive anytime you want, but the MITM4 / MINI5280 / Ralph Schomp MINI Tent will be open from about 4 pm on thru the evening.
  • Stop by the MITM4 Tent and REGISTER for great prizes and drawings. We will give away the prizes and gifts, donated by our sponsors and vendors, at the SATURDAY dinner at Copper.
  • There is NO sitdown dinner planned. Rather, make the rounds of the BBQ contest and enjoy BBQ and all other fair food. Take your pick, but I recommend the BEER TENT #3 which is right by our booth.
  • At Beer Tent #3....they are serving all the Summit County Microbrews including offerings from Breckenridge Brewery www.BreckBrew.com and Dillon Dam Brewery www.dambrewery.com and BackCountry Brewery www.backcountrybrewery.com in Frisco. You might try the Sweet George's Brown Ale, the Avalanche Ale, Pandora's Bock, Vanilla Porter, the Ptarmigan Pilsner or the Telemark IPA. Your choice, they are all unique.
  • BBQ Judging begins at NOON and goes to 2 pm, at which point judging begins for all other classes. 3:30 is the award ceremony and then the partying begins.
  • 4:30 is Do-Wop Denny on the main bandstand
  • 6:00 pm is the Subaru and other Raffles (enter to win it if you want it)
  • 7:00 pm is the Sheryl Renee concert in the Lake Dillon Amphitheatre
Remember that the Friday Ride up Mt Evans leaves the parking structure at Copper at 9 pm sharp. Be sure to bring your warmies as it is usually chilly up there. Arrive about 11:30, picture at Midnight and the Perseid Meteor Shower should be showing. Of course, the R53 Light Show as always....

More information? Go to www.BBQattheSummit.com and get all the details.

Thanks for joining in....

Last edited by jsouz; 11-14-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
To all those beer lovers out there...

If you like porters, or even if you don't, I highly recommend Breckenridge Brewery's Vanilla Porter. Yum! Slightly sweet like many porters, yet not too sweet, and with just a hint of yummy vanilla (from real vanilla beans sourced from Madagascar and Paupau New Guinea). Rich and delicious.

When I saw Jonathan's post, I noticed that he mentioned it. Now I need to go drink one! (just kidding... not only is it too early in the day but the baby says no to beer in her milk!)

My personal favorite. You should try it at the BBQ on Friday night!

-Heather

Old 07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
I love a woman

who knows her beer.

Figuratively of course.

JPS

Originally Posted by Detailers Paradise
To all those beer lovers out there...

If you like porters, or even if you don't, I highly recommend Breckenridge Brewery's Vanilla Porter. Yum! Slightly sweet like many porters, yet not too sweet, and with just a hint of yummy vanilla (from real vanilla beans sourced from Madagascar and Paupau New Guinea). Rich and delicious.

When I saw Jonathan's post, I noticed that he mentioned it. Now I need to go drink one! (just kidding... not only is it too early in the day but the baby says no to beer in her milk!)

My personal favorite. You should try it at the BBQ on Friday night!

-Heather

Old 07-24-2009, 03:33 PM
lotsie
Banned
Beer fixes everything

Can dogs come to this shin dig?

Mark

Old 07-24-2009, 07:58 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Not sure about dogs

and I checked the site www.BBQattheSummit.com and there is no mention. It is outdoors and generally, dogs are welcome everywhere in CO except where food is being prepared or served. I am guessing it is cool but for safety, you may wish to do a 'Contact Us' and see what they say....

JPS

Originally Posted by lotsie
Beer fixes everything

Can dogs come to this shin dig?

Mark

Old 07-25-2009, 05:58 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
We've been to the BBQ at the Summit for the last two years and FWIW, I don't remember seeing any dogs in the food court.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:04 AM
lotsie
Banned
No dogs on the site, so the girls can chill at the hotel. They got back to me right away when I contacted them

Mark

Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Ladidah
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsouz
  • Stop by the MITM4 Tent and REGISTER for great prizes and drawings. We will give away the prizes and gifts, donated by our sponsors and vendors, at the SATURDAY dinner at Copper.
If we don't make it to the Dillon BBQ to register, does that mean we are not eligible for any prizes at the Saturday night dinner?

I thought that by buying a $28 Saturday dinner ticket that qualified me for the prizes at the Sat. dinner.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by Ladidah
If we don't make it to the Dillon BBQ to register, does that mean we are not eligible for any prizes at the Saturday night dinner?

I thought that by buying a $28 Saturday dinner ticket that qualified me for the prizes at the Sat. dinner.
I'll let the organizers chime in for the official word, but I am 99.9% certain that "registering" for the prizes at the Dillon BBQ is separate from any other part of the event... in other words, going to the MITM tent in Dillon Friday night means that you can register for Friday-night specific prizes.

You still have to register for the MITM event at the main registration area in Copper during regular registration hours. It is this event registration that is tied to the Saturday night dinner and the GADS of great prizes Saturday night.

I think by saying "register for great prizes..." at the MITM tent in Dillon what is really meant is "enter to win a Friday night prize." It's not the same as actually registering for the event or going to the official MITM Saturday night dinner.

Don't worry... the Saturday night dinner is where you want to be for all the great prizes! Bonus prizes on Friday night in Dillon.

Organizers- Am I accurate??

-Heather

Old 07-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Ladidah
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! That makes sense. I just wasn't sure if the Friday night Dillon prizes were something separate or not.