MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

WTB:: R50 JCW Brake kit, suspension kit, tuning kit, and aero kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 PM
bmwbrandon
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R50 JCW Brake kit, suspension kit, tuning kit, and aero kit.

Category: Brakes
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R50, R52, R53
Location (Region): South
Item Condition: Used

I am looking for some JCW goodies for my R50. JCW brake kit, JCW suspension, JCW tuning kit, and a factory aero kit. I am not looking for anyone to give this stuff away so let me know what you have and lets make a deal. You can PM me or shoot me an email brandon_cutrer84@yahoo.com Thanks!!

Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Blackbomber
5th Gear
Aero kit is still available new. When you figure the cost to strip the parts down, fix the cracks, and all, it's not that bad of a deal over used.

Use R56 turbo front calipers and rotors.

JCW struts are still available new, and the springs come up used from time to time. If you haven't already seen this, check it out: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...s-tsw-bbk.html

JCW sports muffler (the exhaust from the discontinued Sound Kit) is still available new - I bought mine less than a year ago.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about finding a tuning kit new or used. Less than 30 were estimated to ever make it to the US. I happen to have #522, and I bought it NIB a year ago, so miracles do happen.

If you want to piece together a tuning kit (really just a head, exhaust, and ECU tune - rest was fluff), there is this: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ead-bolts.html It's pricey for essentially a mild port on the exhaust side, but this head was about $3k when it was still available as a service part. You would probably do better to wait and get a Cooper S JCW take off from someone who installed an aftermarket head. They do come up from time to time for about half that price. But then you might want to factor in a valve job to freshen it up, depending on the mileage.

Edit: If you happen to run across two sets of early JCW seats, get one for yourself, and let me know...

Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 PM
bmwbrandon
1st Gear
Thanks! I was hoping to buy as much used as I could. Everyone let me know what you have that you would part with. Bump!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
bmwbrandon
1st Gear
I would piece one together but I really want the valve cover with plaque!!

Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 AM
bmwbrandon
1st Gear
Bumping it up!! Somebody's gotta have these goodies!! Thanks guys for the emails and reply's!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Blackbomber
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bmwbrandon
I would piece one together but I really want the valve cover with plaque!!
The tuning kit uses the original valve cover. You remove the MINI plaque, and replace with the JCW piece. The JCW injector tube cover is actually the same molding as stock, but painted silver, with a decal applied. Decal is not available separately, I checked into it.

I believe the JCW Sound Kit also had a plaque (and rear badge), but I've never seen one in person.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
bmwbrandon
1st Gear
Found a salvage yard in Cali that has onlyini stuff. Found my JCW brakes!! Just need that damn suspension!! Also I am lookin to buy some R105 JCW rims in silver. Can't find them anywhere. Somebody sell me theirs!!!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 PM
bmwbrandon
1st Gear
Who's got that JCW R50 tuning kit that there gonna sell me!!! Top dollar guys no BS here. I found a head but I want atleast the head + valve cover with plaque and possibly the paperwork. Don't need the exhaust/intake. Trying to build me an R50 JCW and I have everything now ie: JCW suspension kit, aero kit, JCW brake kit, JCW sound kit, and lots of JCW interior goodies. HELP A MINI BROTHER OUT. I can get all BMW and MINI parts at cost so if your looking for something else or need some parts for another mini you have or one you are soon to get give me a shout and we can work something out any way you choose. Sounding pretty desperate now huh? LOL. Thanks for all the guys who have helped me out so far!

I will also purchase just the Plaque with or without valve over and paperwork!!! I have starting piecing one together and need the authenticating pieces.

Last edited by bmwbrandon; 03-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.