MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

WTB:: HK Enabler!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
seamill
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HK Enabler!

Category: Navigation & Audio
Price: $100
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R53
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

Badly looking for an HKEnabler. Out of stock on NMS, and they don't do too well with responding to e-mails. Message me!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 PM
1QukMINI
6th Gear
I, too, am looking for one.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Eleo
3rd Gear
I spent $300 on a new head unit without knowing aftermarket units don't work with the HK. It's this or a new set of speakers... I'd definitely prefer this. I emailed NMS but no reply yet.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
bahman
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For my info, what part is the Enabler? I have a complete system avail for sale.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
bahman
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Never mind. I fund out what it is, and I don't have it.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Eleo
3rd Gear
http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop...uctshow&id=116 this guy (for future reference). Thanks for trying

Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Eleo
3rd Gear
Got an email response saying they'll have another batch coming soon.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Theta
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, same. Ian is making another batch.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Mimu1
Neutral
Hi enabler

Could someone help me find one to purchase? Appreciate the help I'm hre in hawaii and would love to buy one ASAP! Aloha

Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Eleo
3rd Gear
I imagine they'll be for sale here http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop...uctshow&id=116 when the new batch is complete. Not sure what the ETA is... I've been checking compulsively since they said there'd be more.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Mimu1
Neutral
Aloha for the info will be checking daily also!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
leftfield6
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I've had one on order with the above website for a couple of months. They e-mailed me last week confirming that I still wanted one, said they would be available within a week or so.

They charged my credit card on Thursday. That probably indicates they are ready to ship.

Can't wait!!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Eleo
3rd Gear
Should I try to place an order even though it says OUT OF STOCK?

Old 12-08-2012, 06:39 PM
leftfield6
2nd Gear
No idea. Not sure how many back-orders they had, and how many they are getting in stock. I placed my order months ago, even though the website showed that they were out of stock. Guess that got me on the waiting list.

Try to contact them directly, they are not great at responding to e-mails, but I picked up the phone and called them one time, and they answered.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:21 PM
leftfield6
2nd Gear
Got an e-mail from them earlier today that my order has shipped!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Eleo
3rd Gear
Hmm well. Guess I'll just try to place an order.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Eleo
3rd Gear
P.S. I think we Americans might need some kind of ISO Adapter, depending on what kind of stereo you have.

If you look at the product image http://www.newministuff.com/new/image.php?iid=43 you can see the dual connectors at the bottom, which I believe would connect directly to your head unit if your head unit had an ISO connection. However, the stereo I have has a 16-pin connection.

This adaptor http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-ISO-W...item3ca63bec61 would appear to be what I need, although I'm not 100% sure. NMS also has their own adaptor https://www.newministuff.com/new/sho...uctshow&id=126 but it doesn't look as well put together... Although I'm wondering if that's the only one that works?

Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Eleo
3rd Gear
I placed my order on NMS last night and got an email just now saying the order was Dispatched/Complete. Site still says out of stock and I never got an email reply on whether or not it was OK to order, but apparently it was.

Also got the MFSW adaptor, and I ordered the Alpine ISO adaptor from eBay. Hopefully the install goes well and I can finally use Spotify in my car again.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
seamill
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Eleo
I placed my order on NMS last night and got an email just now saying the order was Dispatched/Complete. Site still says out of stock and I never got an email reply on whether or not it was OK to order, but apparently it was.

Also got the MFSW adaptor, and I ordered the Alpine ISO adaptor from eBay. Hopefully the install goes well and I can finally use Spotify in my car again.
Perfect, looks like I can finally install the deck I got three months ago...

Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 PM
leftfield6
2nd Gear
Got mine in the mail yesterday. I had a JVC head unit waiting to go in, so I ordered the H/K Enabler with the MFSW controls adapter. Installed it today with mostly good results, but one issue.

The Good

H/K enabler worked perfectly. JVC head unit works with the enabler just as it should, and sounds great. The JVC head unit I installed has an iPhone interface that lets me stream iTunes, my SiriusXM app, Pandora, etc. It also has bluetooth. So, that's all good.

The Bad (or the not working yet part)

The H/K enabler and the steering wheel adapter came with no instructions. Nothing. Now, I know, basically it's a plug and play. But there are a couple of connections to make for the steering wheel thingee to work. I thought I had figured it out. I must have figured (guessed) wrong. No steering control working. Of course, I didn't discover it wasn't working until I had buttoned everything up. Oh well, I'll figure it out sometime.

Instructions would have been nice.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:50 PM
wheresaldo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need one of these bad! Cant stand my local radio. Site says out of stock :( anyone have a spare?

Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Eleo
3rd Gear
I'm pretty sure they're in stock. Just place an order. I don't know why he hasn't updated the page.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Eleo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by leftfield6
Got mine in the mail yesterday. I had a JVC head unit waiting to go in, so I ordered the H/K Enabler with the MFSW controls adapter. Installed it today with mostly good results, but one issue.

The Good

H/K enabler worked perfectly. JVC head unit works with the enabler just as it should, and sounds great. The JVC head unit I installed has an iPhone interface that lets me stream iTunes, my SiriusXM app, Pandora, etc. It also has bluetooth. So, that's all good.

The Bad (or the not working yet part)

The H/K enabler and the steering wheel adapter came with no instructions. Nothing. Now, I know, basically it's a plug and play. But there are a couple of connections to make for the steering wheel thingee to work. I thought I had figured it out. I must have figured (guessed) wrong. No steering control working. Of course, I didn't discover it wasn't working until I had buttoned everything up. Oh well, I'll figure it out sometime.

Instructions would have been nice.
In my case there's simply a 3.5mm plug that would seem to go into the jack marked "REM" on the back of my head unit. Doesn't seem to be much else to it. What did you have to do?

I was confused over whether I needed the "Boost" or "Wave" version of the adapter. My research indicated that I needed Boost since I was dealing with the HK, but I won't know until I actually install everything.

I got my HK Enabler/MFSW Adapter last Thursday... I was pleased that everything was already wired together for me. At first I thought I had only one piece -- especially since everything was put in the MFSW Adapter box.

I haven't gotten to install it because the ISO adapter I bought for my head unit was the wrong one... What a hassle; I had to order a different one from eBay and now I'll have to wait for the delivery all the way from the UK. Can't seem to find any vendors for it in the US; at this point I would have paid a premium just to hurry up and get it. I want to use my new head unit already.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Eleo
3rd Gear
Gave up and spliced together the wiring harness that came with my head unit and the (wrong) ISO adapter I bought on eBay. Damned if I haven't spent a lot of money/time trying to get this all set up.

Connected everything without doing a full installation. Everything seems to work. Steering wheel functions work as they should.

I can't seem to get any audio using Bluetooth. My phone pairs just fine, but there's simply no sound. Didn't work with my brother's iPhone 4, either. I'm seriously doubting this is the fault of the HK Enabler. Not sure what's going on though, and Google has been no help.

EDIT: CD/AUX/USB are non-working too. Probably a problem with how I wired things, like maybe insufficient power?

EDIT: Got it working. Blue/white wire had to be spliced to the the blue wire, most counter-intuitively.

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with the HK Enabler and the MFSW adapter. I also appreciate that when I ordered the two together, they were already spliced together. It's pretty much plug and play, minus the whole ISO adapter bit, but that's not the fault of the product itself.

Last edited by Eleo; 01-12-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
wheresaldo
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still waiting as well. He said the would have some in within 2 weeks. That was 3.5 weeks ago :( Hasnt answered any on my emails either

Quick Reply: WTB:: HK Enabler!