MINI Collectibles Discuss new finds and organize trades of MINI collectibles.

MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BobbieJ and Donna,
yesterday at WalMart, I found another giant HotWheels orange cabrio. I think it's a 1:18 (can't look coz it's in Vegas and I'm currently in Nebraska). Both of them that I have were at WalMarts, and neither of them scanned.
Happy hunting.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Morty
I went to my local modelshop yesterday, just to have a look.
Mostly they don't have much stock of MINI's but yesterday my eye saw this one between other models... OMG

I really couldn't hold myself and bought it straightaway

It's the one from Spark, same manufacturer as the XXL Limo
I WANT IT!!! LOL!!! Oh man - I LOVE IT... You lucky devil you....

Donna

Old 11-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Agro
BobbieJ and Donna,
yesterday at WalMart, I found another giant HotWheels orange cabrio. I think it's a 1:18 (can't look coz it's in Vegas and I'm currently in Nebraska). Both of them that I have were at WalMarts, and neither of them scanned.
Happy hunting.
Thanks for the tip. I'll be scrounging through the racks again sometime this weekend - if I can STAND ALL THE MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE that will be there too - LOL!!!

Donna

Old 11-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Agro
Donna, it's not a rack one. It's a foot-long (or so) box that will most likely be on the bottom shelf.

Old 11-26-2005, 06:58 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Agro
BobbieJ and Donna,
Happy hunting.
I finally found the orange Cabrio. and actually found 2 smaller ones at kb toys a red one and a blue one. also picked up 3 yat mings from Walmart red, blue, and yellow

so I think I'm caught up for now. also JL is coming out with a new one also. it will be in the hollywood series and it's supposed to be I think Madonna's MINI. so keep your eyes peeled.

Bobbie

Old 11-26-2005, 07:49 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BOBBIEJ
...also JL is coming out with a new one also. it will be in the hollywood series and it's supposed to be I think Madonna's MINI. so keep your eyes peeled.

Bobbie
Well, I guess I'll still buy one. Where DO you get your info? I thought being a JL Fan Club member would get me the inside scoop. I guess I was wrong.

Old 11-26-2005, 08:54 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dickdavid
Well, I guess I'll still buy one. Where DO you get your info? I thought being a JL Fan Club member would get me the inside scoop. I guess I was wrong.
my husband of course. he is a hardcore diecast collector and is involved with numerous clubs and message boards, so he has feelers out for me when new MINI's are coming out. sometimes you guys beat him so it goes both ways. always remember all new release diecast are found on the west coast before we see them here on the eastcoast. my Husband had to trade for the PW SuperFast because there wasn't any to be had here and I have had whole Hotwheels clubs looking high and low for it. they were supposedly only released to hobby stores as there are only 8000 made. so good luck and let's see who gets it first. LOL!

Bobbie

Old 11-26-2005, 09:28 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
...my Husband had to trade for the PW SuperFast because there wasn't any to be had here and I have had whole Hotwheels clubs looking high and low for it. they were supposedly only released to hobby stores as there are only 8000 made. so good luck and let's see who gets it first. LOL!

Bobbie
Now I've noticed that there's a CR/B Superfast as well (or is this an old version?).

Old 11-27-2005, 04:29 AM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dickdavid
Now I've noticed that there's a CR/B Superfast as well (or is this an old version?).

that was last years, you probably have it already. this year was the silver and white ones.

Bobbie

Old 11-27-2005, 07:42 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Actually, I don't. I've just been collecting (seriously) for about a year.

Looks like I have something to shop for on ebay.

I'm still looking for this year's white MBSF.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Agro
Me too. I never even HEARD of the red MBSF until just now. I have several spares of the silver, but am yet to even see in the flesh one of the white ones.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
the white one is 1 of 8000 and only went to hobby stores. so if you can find in a hobby store, if not go to ebay as that is the only way you will get them.

Bobbie

Old 11-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
I'll confirm that the CR Superfast #12 is last years if not older. They pop up on eBay and generally go for about $3 which if I remember correctly is the same price when new.

This years white SF is an international release, or at least that's what I was told. Got mine from Canada about the same time the silver ones were hitting the stores locally.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:49 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
That red one looks an awful lot like the MBSF I have at work... bought a year or two ago from a collector's toy store, to the tune of about $10.00.

Have you checked the bottom of the car for the copyright year?

Old 11-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
minims- I'm at work right now, but I'll check the bottom of mine tomorrow, but I'm sure you're right, that's last years or older.

Everyone - I've found another source for the new verts, our local diecast place is currently carrying them, I think they are $8.10 (don't ask me why the 0.10) anyway if anyone wants one let me know. I've got the next couple of days off and would be happy to run down and pick some up. BTW this is the same guy that had those Corgi police versions I posted awhile back, so if you need these let me know.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:20 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Found some LY/B Corgis, 1:43, at "Tuesday Morning" for $2.99. I think someone has posted the Corgis on this thread before. They're nicely detailed for an inexpensive model. Pretty nice find for me since my usual haunts don't carry Corgis!

Old 11-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Thanks for the heads up on Tuesday Mornings; I go by one of those on the way home! Great price also, especially for TM!

Old 12-04-2005, 09:56 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Found a "Matchbox Collectibles Showcase" MCS, LY/W, today at a Grocery Outlet store. I almost wish I hadn't. I like to take my diecasts our to the package, but I'm guessing that the package is the whole point here!

Does anyone know when these first came out?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:18 AM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
I think it was last year. there should be a date on there somewhere.

Bobbie

Old 12-05-2005, 11:07 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
I think it was last year. there should be a date on there somewhere.

Bobbie
You're right, it's in the fine print and it appears to be of 2003 vintage. This is one nicely detailed little matchbox, right down to the Goodyear branded tires.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:59 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Picked up a few more on ebay...

I've won the other two "Model Power Minis" MINIs. If you remember, I found the yellow one in one of my local HLs, but couldn't find the other two. I love the ebay.

I also stumbled accross this. I've been searching for the 1:43 scale version at a good price and couldn't refuse this which I think is the 1:72 version.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Looks like this needs a bump!!

Nice find on the Model Power MINIs DD! I'm still lacking the red one, but I'll get it one of these days!

I did have one of those "holly crap" moments tonight. I had stopped at the local chain drug store, (CVS) and while I was waiting for a scrip to be filled I headed over to their little toy area. They only had 3 HW's on the rack and the second one back was this:

Yeah you're right, it's not a MINI or even a Mini, but it is a Treasure Hunt! The first one ever that I have found in a store on a hook! It didn't hit me right away what it was, so I had started to walk away and then it clicked. It said T-Hunt

Off to see what they are selling for on eBay

Old 12-16-2005, 07:07 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Please enlighten me, oh smokey one. What's the significance of the treasure hunt

I just received the "Matchbox Pre-Toy Fair 2005" that I won on e-bay. It's the first orange MINI that I've seen in that scale.

I'm really liking the smaller scales these days though, like the Yat Ming 1:72's. They are so cute! And they take up so little room!

Old 12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
The best I can come up with is that the T-hunts are relatively scarce, they make only 10,000 of each. Kind of like the white lightning's from JL.

I'm sure bobbiej can give us the low-down

Old 12-17-2005, 06:06 PM
PurplePeopleEater
6th Gear
Already mentioned this in another thread, but if anyone finds Purple Haze/ Black Eyed Purple models, please let me know

Quick Reply: MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*