MINI Collectibles Discuss new finds and organize trades of MINI collectibles.

MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:31 AM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes I know you can do that. but they are EXTREMELY hard to find in the US. they were only found on the Kmart Collectors days. so I got one then and refuse to open mine.

Bobbie

Old 06-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Turcicus
You guys know you can pop the body off the chassis of the Hot Wheels Morris Cooper?
Yes I do know that. Which is why I buy every single Morris Cooper I find because one day I am going to get out the model paints and stuff and make some custom ones. .. . don't know when, but its one of those little dreams I have.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:22 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol
one day I am going to get out the model paints and stuff and make some custom ones
Yup...do-able! I made these slot cars out of Hot Wheel Minis. Bodies were modified to fit on some old Tyco 440X2 chassis I had! I've since added roof decals to some. RWD but what the heck!!

Old 06-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Yucca Patrol
Now that is awesome gokartride! Your track is beautiful.

I got a scalextric track for christmas, but other than playing with it a few times on the floor, I haven't done anything with it. I guess building a really fantastic slot car track is also one of my little dreams!

Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I'm working on that dream, too!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gokartride
Yup...do-able! I made these slot cars out of Hot Wheel Minis. Bodies were modified to fit on some old Tyco 440X2 chassis I had! I've since added roof decals to some. RWD but what the heck!!

That's awesome.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:40 AM
paulgraz
4th Gear
Gokartride, nice work on the slot cars! But those die-cast bodies have to really slow you down. There are guys making resin-cast versions of that body - I have one in orange for a Tyco 400x2 already. Still trying to get the T-jet version...

Old 06-28-2006, 05:44 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Heck even the Scalextric 1/34 scale MINI Coopers are all RWD!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
I picked up a couple new 1:72th scale diecast cars and on the insistence of my better half, I also picked up another 1:43rd scale VW MINI-Rama and converted it over to a real Mini MINI-Rama. I have a little touch up to do where I removed one of the service attendants, but you get the idea. It goes well with the other shop one I made.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:21 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Smokey, when I have a chance I have a JL EB MINI with the package in French for you. we found them in a KB toy store on our way back last month.

Bobbie

Old 07-12-2006, 07:43 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by paulgraz
Gokartride, nice work on the slot cars! But those die-cast bodies have to really slow you down.
Actually, one of my big gripes w/ H.O. in general is that the cars are too blasted fast. I checked-out of that scene long ago. The metal bodies do add weight, but I also rip out the magnets of my Tyco chassis, so the added weight really help to provide downforce/traction. I've done three JL Sunbeam Tigers, two Porsche 356s, two 550 Spyders, two JL Cobras, and a handful of '59 Corvettes out of diecast...generally on t-jet chassis. My biggest worry is overloading the motor and shorting something out on the metal body but so far, so good. You can really lean on most of these and they'll stay glued in the slot, largely because of the weight. Great sliders!!! I admit, it's not everybody's cup-of-tea, but I sure like it!! Now for something really crazy you should see what I'm doing in 1:32!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
paulgraz
4th Gear
Actually, one of my big gripes w/ H.O. in general is that the cars are too blasted fast. I checked-out of that scene long ago.
I stopped racing the magnet cars because of the speed - but the tjets are cool - no traction magnets = slower speeds. Skinny tires also limit what you can do in the turns. And when the car loses grip, you can back off and bring it back. When the magnet cars lose grip - they're off the table! But either way I like your die-cast bodies on the slot cars!

Now for something really crazy you should see what I'm doing in 1:32!!!
We're all waiting!

Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BOBBIEJ
Smokey, when I have a chance I have a JL EB MINI with the package in French for you. we found them in a KB toy store on our way back last month.

Bobbie
Sounds great Bobbie! Did you want any of these?? I think he's out of the red, but has a few of the BRG left.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:24 AM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Smokey
Sounds great Bobbie! Did you want any of these?? I think he's out of the red, but has a few of the BRG left.
no thanks Smokey, but keep me informed and I will let you know if I do want something.

Bobbie

Old 07-20-2006, 09:30 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Maisto 1:18 Scale Diecast

Just found at Sam's Club (membership warehouse) in Denver, Colo. MINI Coopers by Maisto in 1:18 scale (big, 7 1/2" long) die-cast. Colors at this particular store were red/white, yellow/black, gold/gold. Doors, boot and bonnet open, wheels roll and front wheels and steering wheel turn. Much much detail inside and out. Mounted (removable) on a platform with a nameplate. Paid only $9.88 + tax each. So, I bought one of each color. Will look at other Sam's for other colors.
Rick

Old 07-21-2006, 04:03 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by pauhana
Just found at Sam's Club (membership warehouse) in Denver, Colo. MINI Coopers by Maisto in 1:18 scale (big, 7 1/2" long) die-cast. Colors at this particular store were red/white, yellow/black, gold/gold. Doors, boot and bonnet open, wheels roll and front wheels and steering wheel turn. Much much detail inside and out. Mounted (removable) on a platform with a nameplate. Paid only $9.88 + tax each. So, I bought one of each color. Will look at other Sam's for other colors.
Rick
I've got one of the Maisto in BRG. Nice, but the detail isn't quite as good as an Autoart.

BUT FOR THAT PRICE, I might actually join the club!! Thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
They have a LY/B now? Better hit Sams on the way home. If I can't find one locally, can you grab me one and hang onto it till MITM for me?

Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Relative newbie collector here. Just picked this up at Dollar General, also have spares if anyone need one.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
For anyone who'll be there, I'm taking all my spares to MITM for trading/selling.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
New Matchbox!!

It's been a while since we've had anything new hit the streets, so this was a shock!
Pic borrowed from an ebay seller:

New Superfast #12, looks like it's in something close to BRG. Went looking today but didn't see it in any of my local Marts......... At least we have a new hunt.

I did find this at one of the inside booths at a Flea Market outside of Knoxville yesterday, for $3.00

He had a lot of limited HotWheels (White's Editions etc) but this was his only MINI. There was another seller that had to have 10,000+ Hotwheels/JL's and large scale Diecast, but only a few MINI's and it was stuff I already had, plus his prices were impatient:impatient $8.00 for a JL

Good Luck!

Old 09-02-2006, 10:22 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
I picked up a Maisto 1/64 BRG MC today at Wal-Mart. They've had the red packaged under the "Kid Connection" name for some time. The BRG was doubled up with an Audi TT convertible.

I'll have to keep a lookout for the MB BRG.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:26 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
were on it smokey. will let you know if we get an extra for you.

Bobbie

Old 09-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Thanks Bobbie! I'm also on the hunt...... so turn about is fair play. I'll let you know if I find an extra for you :~)

Old 09-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
My other hobby is model railroading (N Scale). I recently found these on one of my supplier websites. Not the greatest detail, but when you keep in mind they are less than half the size of a Hot Wheels car, it isn't too bad. When put on a layout, they look pretty good.

And this is high up on my wish list:

The set has the locomotive, three autoracks and 24 MINI's, each a different color combination. Unfortunately, they are out of production and not a bargain.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Yucca Patrol
I MUST have taht BRG Superfast!

Looks odd though. . . they are showing it on the box with an S scoop, but a 2002-2004 Cooper chrome accented bumper. . . .

And you are right, Smokey, it has been a while since something new has shown up on the shelves. . .

Quick Reply: MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*