MINI Collectibles Discuss new finds and organize trades of MINI collectibles.

MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Morty
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chili Red & Pepper White
Hey, all.

I started my diecast MINI collection a couple months ago. I've picked up four 1:18 scale cars and six of the 1:72 scale models. Love them and have made a very cool home for them on the wall in my garage.

However, I'm having problems locating a good source for the models in between those sizes...say, 1:24 or 1:36 scale. Can someone please point me in a good direction ? Know of a good website ?

Gracias !
Like mentioned above I would check Ebay. Problem is that you need to act carefully.
Vendors with a good reputation, won't cause any problems.

I mostly buy them from vendors situated in UK and Germany, but then again I'm situated in Belgium.
Modellisimo and bmw models in Germany mostly have a few MINI's in stock, think mostly 1:43 scale, but both are also situated in Germany.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:12 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Collecting

I'm in the middle of drafting an article that I intend to submit to Model Collector Magazine (see their website at http://www.modelcollector.co.uk/ )with a working title of "So you think you're a Collector" - It's a follow on from an article of mine that was in the February 2003 issue "When Big Brother worked for Corgi!" Anyway, I would like to hear from some of you as to the criteria you use before buyng a particular model. What is it that makes you reach into your pocket and fork out the cost of one model but not another? Just looking for some general comments -- I believe I know the sorts of responses I'm going to get since I've been collecting diecast for close to 50 years!
Regards Philip

Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Morty & Manilla, Just noticed your replies to my question. Thanks !

I check E-Bay frequently but have problems finding those scale size models I'm looking for. I'll continue to check there. That's how I bought the 10 cars I've purchased so far. I've been using E-Bay for years so I know the possible perils and how to minimize those risks.

Would like to hear from others if you know of retailers here in the States that sell 1:24 or 1:36 scale MINI diecast models.

Thanks again !

Old 10-30-2006, 09:29 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Corgi Toys make a number of Minis in 1:36 scale. Do a search for Corgi Toys and you should come up with a number of places you can purchase. As regards 1:24 Franklin Mint make perhasp the best original Mini that you can buy -- available now on ebay for about $100.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:32 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Ebay sales today

Right now on ebay they list 17 MINI's in 1/24 scale and 45 in 1/36 scale.
Philip

Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Thanks, Philip.

A lot of those E-Bay listings are overseas... I stay away from those. And some are for the classic Mini, which I'm not collecting (yet). But there's a few listings on there that I am interested in.

The Corgi website looks outstanding, too !

Old 10-30-2006, 10:29 AM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINILLA
I'm in the middle of drafting an article that I intend to submit to Model Collector Magazine (see their website at http://www.modelcollector.co.uk/ )with a working title of "So you think you're a Collector" - It's a follow on from an article of mine that was in the February 2003 issue "When Big Brother worked for Corgi!" Anyway, I would like to hear from some of you as to the criteria you use before buyng a particular model. What is it that makes you reach into your pocket and fork out the cost of one model but not another? Just looking for some general comments -- I believe I know the sorts of responses I'm going to get since I've been collecting diecast for close to 50 years!
Regards Philip
I collect odd hard to find MINI's, also since my husband is a Hot Wheels Collector I collect all the newer released ones also. I like cars that are different than what can be found in the local Walmart's and Toys R Us. all sizes not one particular size. also have some one of a kind custom made just for me by top toy designers that work at major toy manufacturers.

Bobbie

Old 10-30-2006, 10:48 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Hard to find....

Originally Posted by BOBBIEJ
I also have some one of a kind custom made just for me by top toy designers that work at major toy manufacturers.
Bobbie
I'd be interested in seeing some shots of your custom MINI's. The attached pic shows my Pepper White MINILLA along with a not yet available Peppermint Green from "Forever Young"

Attached Thumbnails MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*-custom.jpg  
Old 10-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I basically collect any MINI or Mini I can find that I don't already have, with a caveat that I have to think that it's not totally overblown in price. I have a few from other countries, some pretty unusual ones (Mikasa crystal, a LE Franklin Mint Mini that I picked up on eBay) and a bunch of RC MINIs. Except for the 1/6 scale RC and the Franklin Mint ones, they were all under $30. The count is for sure over 100, but I haven't counted recently.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
I'd be interested in seeing some shots of your custom MINI's. The attached pic shows my Pepper White MINILLA along with a not yet available Peppermint Green from "Forever Young"

I like them. mine will be posted whenever my Son finishes moving out. he got his own apartment in August and it looks like he's still here lol. then we are making it into an office and diecast showroom with display cases and shelves. my customs are also autographed so pics will be hard as I refuse to open the packages. and they are all in shades of dark blue {indie blue}

Bobbie

Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Turcicus
5th Gear
Just a heads up, Hot Wheels is releasing another version of the Mini in 2007. You can see it here: http://www.hotwheels.com/cars/cars_m...px?car=popoffs

I like it!

Old 11-03-2006, 06:15 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Turcicus
Just a heads up, Hot Wheels is releasing another version of the Mini in 2007. You can see it here: http://www.hotwheels.com/cars/cars_m...px?car=popoffs

I like it!
^^x2

Something to get us through the Holidays

Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
The start of my collection (two months old) and the home I built for my models:

Old 11-05-2006, 04:37 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Here's Mine

Not long ago finished building this room in my basement and then installed cabinets from IKEA. The cabinets are pretty much full to capacity now and I still have 3 large rubbermaid containers full of cars. I need to install another 3 cabinets to be able to display them. Mini's are on the left, MG's are in the middle and Jaguar's are on the right. (With a smattering of others mixed in)

Attached Thumbnails MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*-den1.jpg  
Old 11-05-2006, 04:53 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Nice collection and good looking cabinets, Manilla ! You're going to need a bigger room though.

Hey, don't let my models see that pic or they'll start rebelling against me to let them into the house. I've got them convinced the garage is a nice place for them, along with the two 1:1 scale MINIs. It's getting a little cold out there now and the heater isn't keeping it toasty. I hear them moaning a little already.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Turcicus
5th Gear

Would like to hear from others if you know of retailers here in the States that sell 1:24 or 1:36 scale MINI diecast models.

Thanks again !
If you have one nearby, check out K-B Toys. I was at one yesterday (the only one left in my area, unfortunately), and they had a bunch of 1:36 MINI cabrios. They had a large selection of 1:36 and 1:24 models as a whole. I almost picked up one of the cabrios, but had already spent enough money on other things .

Old 11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Excellent... yes, I do believe we have one in town. If not, I can go into the city.

Thanks !

Old 11-05-2006, 12:33 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Display Cabinets

Just took some updated shots of my display cabinets. You'll see they are almost full now! The wooden truck on the floor I made from scratch some time ago. The roof lifts off and inside are several years copies of the magazine MGB Driver. Maybe I should make a bigger truck for MC2 Magazine!

Attached Thumbnails MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*-display-cabinets-close-up.jpg   MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*-display-cabinets.jpg  
Old 11-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Agro
I was in a Walgreens yesterday and picked up some 1:24 Cabrio MINIs, with a buy 2 for $11.98 and get 1 free sale.
And a couple of weeks ago, my wife was at a Smiths (grocery store) and found a 1:18 scale BRG/checker MCS for a whopping $4! She's always looking out for me. I've checked a couple of other local Smiths and not found any more.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Turcicus
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Agro
I was in a Walgreens yesterday and picked up some 1:24 Cabrio MINIs, with a buy 2 for $11.98 and get 1 free sale.
And a couple of weeks ago, my wife was at a Smiths (grocery store) and found a 1:18 scale BRG/checker MCS for a whopping $4! She's always looking out for me. I've checked a couple of other local Smiths and not found any more.
Wow, those are great finds!! I might have to start checking out our Walgreens'!

Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Agro
Originally Posted by Agro
I lied (well, misremembered). The one from Smiths was a BRG/UJ, not checkered.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:00 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Overseas Delivery

Thanks, Philip.

A lot of those E-Bay listings are overseas... I stay away from those. And some are for the classic Mini, which I'm not collecting (yet). But there's a few listings on there that I am interested in.

The Corgi website looks outstanding, too !
Just wanted to follow up on your comment about not buying from overseas --- there really is no need to worry --- after all that's where your 1:1 Scale Mini Cooper came from! But seriously --- I've had more problems dealing with sellers in the US than sellers from overseas. As an example --- the attached photos show the Corgi MC40. Scale is 1:36 -- I bought this on Ebay on Monday 6th from a seller in the UK. I paid immediately via paypal with a conversion to US dollars of just $20.43 --- this was the cost of the item and the shipping to the US --- it came this morning November 9th!!! Can't complain about that! It's a great model! I just took the shots in my kitchen!

Attached Thumbnails MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*-mc40.1.jpg   MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*-mc40.2.jpg   MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*-mc40.jpg  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:11 PM
mitchman
5th Gear
Has anyone found a source for a hyper blue, white top/wheels yet?

Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Just wanted to follow up on your comment about not buying from overseas --- there really is no need to worry --- after all that's where your 1:1 Scale Mini Cooper came from! But seriously --- I've had more problems dealing with sellers in the US than sellers from overseas. As an example --- the attached photos show the Corgi MC40. Scale is 1:36 -- I bought this on Ebay on Monday 6th from a seller in the UK. I paid immediately via paypal with a conversion to US dollars of just $20.43 --- this was the cost of the item and the shipping to the US --- it came this morning November 9th!!! Can't complain about that! It's a great model! I just took the shots in my kitchen!
Agree I've picked up a few of mine from O-seas and had better service from sellers in England and Aussi, then just down the road in Raleigh, NC

Old 11-10-2006, 03:04 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Okay, looks like it's time to shed my fear of dealing with overseas vendors. I always thought it would be hard to settle a dispute of the transaction went bad. But thanks for the tip... really opens up a lot more options !

Quick Reply: MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*