Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 09:21 AM
miniyoda
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you live in the Indiana, Ohio or Kentucky area, and have nothing else better to do with your weekend but get in your Mini and motor, then let's meet at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton Ohio on Saturday, September 7th at 10am

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum

This isn't an official Mini meet....yet. This is basically a chance for motorers of the tri-state area to get together, discuss the good/bad/etc of our cars, and try to organize an official club. While there, we can tour the museum and see the IMAX theater's showing of a movie about the International Space Station.

I will try to organize things from the Cincinnati area. What I'd like to do is get together in one location by 9am, then depart as one group to the museum. On the way home, we can stop at Burbanks for supper. We'll need someone from Columbus, Cleveland and Indianapolis to step up and organize things from their city (meeting place & time).

If you have any questions, I probably can't answer them, as I have no idea how to organize a car enthusiasts meet. However, you are more than welcomed to email me at gvestes@yahoo.com.

Mini Yoda.....wondering what I'm getting myself into.

Old 08-02-2002, 01:15 PM
miniyoda
1st Gear
Please note that the date for the meet has changed. We will now meet at the air force museum on Sunday September 8th. This coincides with a car show in dayton with BMW as a headliner. If you have any questions, please email me at gvestes@yahoo.com

Old 08-10-2002, 07:25 AM
csasso
2nd Gear
This sounds great any one from Columbus going, I plan to, lets get together and plan a meeting spot to start the caravan over to Dayton?

Old 08-13-2002, 04:47 AM
miniyoda
1st Gear
>>This sounds great any one from Columbus going, I plan to, lets get together and plan a meeting spot to start the caravan over to Dayton?
>>
>>
check on the meetings and events section of mini2.com. there are several from columbus planning to go to dayton

Old 08-14-2002, 07:33 AM
jmezera
1st Gear
I live in Worthington and am planning to go to the AIr Force Museum on 9/8/02. Let's find aplace to have breakfast and then motor on to Dayton.

Call if you want: 614-846-4600

Joe

Old 08-16-2002, 07:28 AM
BFORK
1st Gear
I'm would like to go if I can get back to town by the 8th. Actually it's my wife's MINI (velvet red/black roof). She'll be out of the country then and maybe I can sneak it out! In case I can make it, where and when will you meet?

BFORK in Cincinnati

Old 08-19-2002, 05:35 PM
csasso
2nd Gear
>>I live in Worthington and am planning to go to the AIr Force Museum on 9/8/02. Let's find aplace to have breakfast and then motor on to Dayton.

Thats great, I am over in Hilliard lets pick a spot and post it. I will give you a call this week.

Chris

Old 08-22-2002, 08:06 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
>>>>I live in Worthington and am planning to go to the AIr Force Museum on 9/8/02. Let's find aplace to have breakfast and then motor on to Dayton.
>>
>>Thats great, I am over in Hilliard lets pick a spot and post it. I will give you a call this week.
>>
>>Chris
>>
>>
>>
I'm in Arlington and plan to go. Maybe we can get together at a Bob Evans, say at 23 N and 270 on a Sun before the 8th and meet, take a drive and make plans for Dayton.

Steve

Old 08-23-2002, 06:33 AM
csasso
2nd Gear

>>I'm in Arlington and plan to go. Maybe we can get together at a Bob Evans, say at 23 N and 270 on a Sun before the 8th and meet, take a drive and make plans for Dayton.
>>

That sounds great Steve, send me an e-mail and we can set up a time to meet.

Chris - chrissasso@earthlink.net

Old 08-24-2002, 08:09 AM
csasso
2nd Gear
For all those going to the air force museum from Columbus, we are going to meet at the Bob Evans on Cemetery road in Hilliard at 8:00 am on the 8th. From there it is about an hour to the Air force Museum so we will leave about 9:00 am. For those coming down from Cleveland we could hook up there a little before 9:00 and then all take off together.

It is a very easy Bob Evans to find it is at exit 13 on 270 on the west side of Columbus. If coming from the north turn to the right at the light at the end of the exit ramp. The Bob Evans is on the right side about 100 yards turn right again at the first light and right again just past the McDonalds and you are there.

Coming from the south just take the second exit 13 ramp go straight through the north bound exit ramp light and follow the directions above.

Here is the address and a link to the bob Evans webpage with directions and maps.

Bob Evans
3910 Lyman Dr
Hilliard, Oh, 43026
Hours: Sun-Thurs 6-9/Fri-Sat 6-10

http://www.bobevans.com

Any question drop me an email @ chrissasso@earthlink.net

Chris

Old 08-26-2002, 05:10 PM
jmezera
1st Gear
Thanks for posting the plan to meet at Bob Evans. I will be there and hope to see other Columbus and Cleveland MINI owners.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:24 PM
drstevenj
3rd Gear
I will plan to be at Bob Evans and will be delighted to meet everyone. However, I may not be able to go to Dayton. I just realized that the 8th is a very big Jewish Holiday. Maybe I will plan to go to Dayton and come back to Columbus by mid afternoon. It is a joyous holiday (the New Year) and I would sure enjoy celebrating it with the group in Dayton. I will see.

Thanks for planning the b-fast group!!

CU Soon,
Steve