Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

British Invasion of Valley Forge

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 11:25 AM
aa3jy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thougts for a Mini meet in Valley Forge during the Fall Foliage. Meet for breakfast @ the 'G' Lodge, on RT 23 just west of the Park, on Sunday Oct 12th

Old 07-29-2003, 06:45 PM
minitothemax
4th Gear
This date might interfere with Dr. Mini's Bucks county fall foliage tour (see his post on Harmini's Aug 3rd thread). Maybe some Sunday in Sept. might be better. How would a 1/2 MINI run 1/2 Aronld's go-kart track day sound?

Old 07-29-2003, 06:56 PM
tontobird
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's all good, food's good, go-karts are fun.....if it fits my schedule and is within a reasonable distance, I'm there! When is Dr Mini's tour? Hard to plan around something when you don't know the date!

Old 07-30-2003, 05:34 AM
Oilman930
3rd Gear
Maybe we should consider this a re-invaision of Valley Forge.

I always been meaning to try Arnold's go karts. I hear it's a little different than usual because the karts are electric powered. Very quick,but very quiet.

O.K. I'm up for this.

Steven

Old 07-30-2003, 05:48 AM
raj1975
3rd Gear
I think it should be a November or December invasion. That way it will have that whole Winter in Valley Forge theme. Plus, I should have my Cooper by then and be able to join you.

Raj

Old 07-30-2003, 08:48 AM
aa3jy
2nd Gear
Hi Dan, I picked October 12th.'cause I didn't see any conflicts with anyone's sked's..also this date is generally at the height of the Fall Foliage(leaf peepers) in the Park. I picked the Park..'cause it's most easliy accessable and one of the area's most photogenic locations. The 'G' Lodge is a restaurant just on the western edge of the Park on Rt 23..good food for minimum price..which can be very popular with the Sunday crowds..also has plenty of parking. Food for thoughts folks..

Old 07-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Cnbyates
1st Gear
I like this idea! Date seems pretty good for now...Also like the Arnold's idea...Hubby will definitely enjoy that!

Old 07-30-2003, 09:44 AM
minitothemax
4th Gear
>> Hi Dan, I picked October 12th.'cause I didn't see any conflicts with anyone's sked's..also this date is generally at the height of the Fall Foliage(leaf peepers) in the Park. I picked the Park..'cause it's most easliy accessable and one of the area's most photogenic locations. The 'G' Lodge is a restaurant just on the western edge of the Park on Rt 23..good food for minimum price..which can be very popular with the Sunday crowds..also has plenty of parking. Food for thoughts folks..

Hi Clay, Here is a copy of the post that I picked up on this weekends Bucks county Tour thread that might pose a possible conflict.

For those of you that don't know and for those who do as I see by the posts some of you do but failed to mention it, I have organized and run the covered bridge tour in October for the past two years. It has been a Mini regular event and I have been working on making it into a yearly National Event along with an autocross and other fun things for Minis to do. My website which unfortunately the hosting company who took over the last one crashed it will be back up within the next month hopefully. I run the National Club the North American Mini Enthusiasts or NAME Car Club for short. The website when restored is http://www.namecarclub.org. We already have this years events planned for the first and second weekend in October. The first being an autocross and car show and the second being the bridge tour. Keep these dates in mind or for more info email me at my alt email till the site is back up. drmini@optonline.net . I have put a lot of hard work into maintaining the fall event and would like it to remain a fall event. An alternate for running a bridge tour in the summer would be a run up the Delaware into NY state to the Hawks Nest Diner which sits high on the cliff over looking the river. The feeling I have is if you run a similar event over and over through out the year, is that it will lose it's luster for those that have run it. Its too late for this year but next year perhaps an alternative to this can be found to keep the bridge tour the quality fall event it has been for the past few years. I have put many hours of work into it and would like to keep it growing into a full Fall Event for us as we are trying this year.

Old 07-30-2003, 09:59 AM
minitothemax
4th Gear
>> Maybe we should consider this a re-invaision of Valley Forge.
>>
>> I always been meaning to try Arnold's go karts. I hear it's a little different than usual because the karts are electric powered. Very quick,but very quiet.
>>
>> O.K. I'm up for this.
>>
>> Steven

Arnold's is a blast. The karts really zip and the course is quite challenging. They are not like any other go-kart track I have ever been to. The laps are electronically timed ( to 1/1000 sec.) and your best lap is displayed on a scoreboard.

Here is more info.

Old 07-31-2003, 04:55 AM
aa3jy
2nd Gear
Yes..but I don't know if you knew it but Hawks Nest burned down this past winter..don't know if there back up and running

Old 08-02-2003, 10:46 PM
tontobird
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Yes..but I don't know if you knew it but Hawks Nest burned down this past winter..don't know if there back up and running