Go Back  North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > JCW Garage
New Member with Questions on 06 JCW >

New Member with Questions on 06 JCW

JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

New Member with Questions on 06 JCW

Old 04-15-2019, 05:07 AM
Marine Blue
1st Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddie07S View Post
Very Nice!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by OCR View Post
Marine -

A heads up -
Did you do a "full" brake fluid change ?
You need to go in with a computer in the OBD port and turn on the Dynamic Stability Control to change ALL of the fluid. Otherwise, only a portion of the fluid is changed.

Mike
I havenít done the brake fluid yet but it sounds like it will need to be done by a dealer? I have a Motiv which has worked perfectly for my other cars, would that work in this instance also or does the DSC prevent fluid from passing unless actuated?

Iím going to bring it to the dealer to do an oil change and also get the car checked over soon. I havenít had any issues so far, everything works great but I donít want any surprises either.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:03 AM
Eddie07S
6th Gear
Received 181 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by Marine Blue View Post
Thanks!

I havenít done the brake fluid yet but it sounds like it will need to be done by a dealer? I have a Motiv which has worked perfectly for my other cars, would that work in this instance also or does the DSC prevent fluid from passing unless actuated?

Iím going to bring it to the dealer to do an oil change and also get the car checked over soon. I havenít had any issues so far, everything works great but I donít want any surprises either.
The only time I have ever heard that the ABS system needed to be activated when bleeding the brakes was if the line was allowed to fully drain and air gets into the ABS pumps. Some people have done it by going out onto wet roads and hitting the brakes hard to activate the system. You could ask the dealer what they do to bleed the brakes. With all the times I bleed the brakes for track events, I just use a pressure bleeder and drain fluid until it is all clear.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:18 AM
AndyJM
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That car is stunning! Probably the best R53 I've ever seen! By the way, are you the same Marine Blue who is on Rennlist? Username looks familiar.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:55 AM
Marine Blue
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AndyJM View Post
That car is stunning! Probably the best R53 I've ever seen! By the way, are you the same Marine Blue who is on Rennlist? Username looks familiar.
Thanks Andy! Yeah, same Marine Blue on Rennlist.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:08 PM
AndyJM
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Was pretty sure it was you when I saw the detailing. I remember that 928 GT you were selling a few years back - stunning car. Fellow 928 guy here.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:42 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 248 Likes on 239 Posts
It is a great looking R53 JCW model! Mine also has the silver roof.

06 R53 JCW with chrono package

Itsme Wayne's 06 MCS JCW

I truly love mine and it drives wonderfully! Congrats to you, for finding such a good one!

Old 05-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Marine Blue
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AndyJM View Post
Awesome! Was pretty sure it was you when I saw the detailing. I remember that 928 GT you were selling a few years back - stunning car. Fellow 928 guy here.
I miss that 928 and kinda wish I had kept it, it was very unique! I replaced it with a. Spyder which I still have.

Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne View Post
It is a great looking R53 JCW model! Mine also has the silver roof.

I truly love mine and it drives wonderfully! Congrats to you, for finding such a good one!
Thanks, its such a fun car. I love the hood stripe on yours, I might do something similar. Can you post a closer picture of it?

Old 05-13-2019, 08:08 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 248 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue View Post
I miss that 928 and kinda wish I had kept it, it was very unique! I replaced it with a. Spyder which I still have.

Thanks, its such a fun car. I love the hood stripe on yours, I might do something similar. Can you post a closer picture of it?
That is the original factory hood (bonnet) stripe.