JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Wife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 09:44 AM
BTRMayfair
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT

So my wife and I recently purchased 2010 Mini Cooper S Mayfair Edition - 27,000 miles as replacement car for middle daughter starting 2nd year college. Wife has so much fun driving car -- needed to drive for few days to make sure safe for daughter -- that she went on the hunt for her OWN MINI for garage -- I've never seen my wife act this way about any car before -- really shocking our kids (13/19/23). Her hunt quickly locked in on Cooper S SIDEWALK EDITION with MALT INTERIOR. I've hunted and hunted -- found that harder to find than originally thought -- available but gonna have to ship home.

This morning -- I just purchased surprise for her -- 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible SIDEWALK EDITION in SPARKLING SILVER METALLIC (A60) with the LEDER ENGLISH/MALT BROWN (LNPR) interior she loves so much.

I found what I think is going to be a very unique fun addition to the garage -- the one I purchased has factory installed (per MyMINIvin check) JOHN COOPER WORKS KIT (S3ALA) -- verified with pics of the car -- looks like full kit still in place (JCW exhaust; JCW supercharger; JCW head; JCW Program; JCW air intake).

So my question -- how common was this combination ?

Old 06-03-2018, 10:10 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
I am guessing not many were made like this!
Pics?

Old 06-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Black Forest
4th Gear
Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
Pics would be great. Like to see it!

Old 06-03-2018, 11:26 AM
BTRMayfair
2nd Gear
Pics as soon as car gets here to house. Carrier scheduled to pickup next week in PA.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:45 AM
RedAggie03
4th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Yeah, I'd love to see pictures...That has to be a very rare car. Does it have a wood grain dash too??

Old 06-04-2018, 07:46 AM
BTRMayfair
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RedAggie03
Yeah, I'd love to see pictures...That has to be a very rare car. Does it have a wood grain dash too??
I did not realize they made any with wood grain dash.

During our hunt for mini convertible -- my wife and I both liked the more retro look of cars with interior dash painted to match outside color. my wife's dash is some standard interior color - and we actually talked about painting/vinyl to match exterior color for more retro look

Old 06-04-2018, 07:56 AM
BTRMayfair
2nd Gear
Here are some pics of car as it sits right now -- found car in PA -- apparently owners purchased at BMW of the Hamptons and all service etc performed there -- then car was purchased by someone in PA/WV and then car was rear ended (minor bumper damage) in April 2018. State Farm totaled car -- My wife and I found it literally by accident while hunting whole U.S. for car with her dang interior malt leather requirement. I happen to be glancing at pics and notice the JCW underhood pics -- and ran the VIN -- YUP FACTORY JCW PACKAGE. Bought car last Friday -- it is on carrier -- and supposed to be here THURSDAY. Already have replacement parts coming to make repairs and get "Vivian" back on the road ASAP. We've named car "Vivian" after Pretty Woman movie character. Whole time hunting the car - my wife kept calling the Sidewalk Edition -- the Streetwalker Edition -- and it has become an inside joke now.

Wife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart-2-.pngWife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart.pngWife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart-4-.pngWife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart-5-.pngWife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart-6-.pngWife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart-7-.pngWife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart-3-.pngWife's surprise 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible Sidewalk w Malt Leather and JCW KIT-2007-mini-cooper-s-sidewalk-jcw-copart-9-.png

Old 06-04-2018, 08:41 AM
gsfent
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Interior looks even better in person!!! Reminds me of the "rosewood" you could get in the 2nd gen cars (We had one in the family, MCS auto)

Until the car arrives you may want to go with Carol King over Vivian (Anticipation)

Regards,
Jerry

Old 06-04-2018, 09:11 AM
RedAggie03
4th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Wow, thanks for saving a MINI. I guess it will have a salvage title then? It looks like you have the front JCW badge, but someone snatched the rear one already. The rest looks pretty good - I hope the repairs don't cost you TOO much. Fingers crossed. Any idea what the mileage is?

Old 06-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Black Forest
4th Gear
Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
Like the interior. Very nice combo. Nice score!

Old 06-04-2018, 12:06 PM
HaltCatchFire
3rd Gear
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
That is a sweet interior! With those low miles and the rest of the car looking in great shape it should hopefully clean up nice. Nice to see a particularly rare factory JCW given a new life!

Old 06-04-2018, 05:32 PM
BTRMayfair
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gsfent
Interior looks even better in person!!! Reminds me of the "rosewood" you could get in the 2nd gen cars (We had one in the family, MCS auto)

Until the car arrives you may want to go with Carol King over Vivian (Anticipation)

Regards,
Jerry
Carly Simon...
"We can never know about the days to come
but we think about them anyway.
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
or just chasing after some finer day

Anticipation, anticipation
is making me late
is keeping me waiting"

Lol -- My wife is going nuts over this car -- like a little kid waiting for delivery -- "can we pay carrier to deliver it faster" -- UM NO WE CAN NOT PAY CARRIER EVEN MORE MONEY FOR FASTER DELIVERY

My wife is not a typical car person -- she drives Lexus GX every day -- and when bought latest one she wouldn't even drive anything but another Lexus -- BUT something about dang Mini Cooper -- she literally was in garage with me helping sand/wet sand/painting my daughter's mini rims white.

The following users liked this post:
gsfent (06-10-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 05:46 PM
BTRMayfair
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RedAggie03
Wow, thanks for saving a MINI. I guess it will have a salvage title then? It looks like you have the front JCW badge, but someone snatched the rear one already. The rest looks pretty good - I hope the repairs don't cost you TOO much. Fingers crossed. Any idea what the mileage is?
In our state -- once complete repairs to car -- have to have inspected -- then they issue a "rebuilt" title on car. We plan on keeping car -- so to us really didn't matter that rebuilt title -- deal closer was the combo Sidewalk and JCW -- this was only one we found anywhere with that combo -- so decided to go ahead spend a little more fixing to get car wanted --- and then restore to what car deserves. TBH -- the whole "salvage" auction thing didn't go quite as planned -- it quickly became obvious that someone else saw in pictures what I did -- JCW. My wife called after auction was over and I told her "sorry I tried but bidding kept ramping up" -- she was "it is okay -- we'll find something else" -- and then started laughing when showed her video i captured of the online auction. I told her someone else wanted car ALMOST AS BAD AS ME-- but THIS CAR WAS COMING HOME TO OUR GARAGE -- so much for starting out with cheaper salvage car as starting point! Car wasn't stupid expensive -- but i had watched the ratio of auction price to estimated retail value on bunch of cars for few days (yeah engineer over analyzing) -- and ratio ranged from 10-15% for bad wrecks up to about 30-40% for cars that looked like fairly simply repairs -- nope ours quickly escalated up to 55+% of retail - dang it!

Mileage is in the 90k range. I'm trying to start a list of all things that this age Mini R52 needs done -- my thinking is typically that go ahead and fix what may break BEFORE it breaks -- so I'm planning on taking supercharger off and servicing etc -- need to put together a comprehensive list - but shouldn't be an issue on this site -- LOTS of knowledge on HERE.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:51 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hmmm, totaled for a bumper cover.
Do you know if the top goes up and down?
The coolant canister looks like it is done! Better get a new one, before it pops.
I think it will make a very nice car!

BTRMayfair (06-18-2018)
Old 11-11-2019, 01:32 PM
wtorres141
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BTRMayfair
In our state -- once complete repairs to car -- have to have inspected -- then they issue a "rebuilt" title on car. We plan on keeping car -- so to us really didn't matter that rebuilt title -- deal closer was the combo Sidewalk and JCW -- this was only one we found anywhere with that combo -- so decided to go ahead spend a little more fixing to get car wanted --- and then restore to what car deserves. TBH -- the whole "salvage" auction thing didn't go quite as planned -- it quickly became obvious that someone else saw in pictures what I did -- JCW. My wife called after auction was over and I told her "sorry I tried but bidding kept ramping up" -- she was "it is okay -- we'll find something else" -- and then started laughing when showed her video i captured of the online auction. I told her someone else wanted car ALMOST AS BAD AS ME-- but THIS CAR WAS COMING HOME TO OUR GARAGE -- so much for starting out with cheaper salvage car as starting point! Car wasn't stupid expensive -- but i had watched the ratio of auction price to estimated retail value on bunch of cars for few days (yeah engineer over analyzing) -- and ratio ranged from 10-15% for bad wrecks up to about 30-40% for cars that looked like fairly simply repairs -- nope ours quickly escalated up to 55+% of retail - dang it!

Mileage is in the 90k range. I'm trying to start a list of all things that this age Mini R52 needs done -- my thinking is typically that go ahead and fix what may break BEFORE it breaks -- so I'm planning on taking supercharger off and servicing etc -- need to put together a comprehensive list - but shouldn't be an issue on this site -- LOTS of knowledge on HERE.
Reviving this older post...since, it seems I purchased the younger (more tame) bother to your MC Sidewalk!
Mine was totaled due to rear-hatch and bumper as well... mileage is high but it runs strong, no oil leaks other than the power steering reservoir seal.
Any updates on your project that you can share?

I have the hatch and bumper cover and will be starting my restoration soon enough...

BTRMayfair (02-28-2021)