JCW My Chili F56 JCW| Manual| TE37SAGA

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:15 PM
MRM5MAN
1st Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking My Chili F56 JCW| Manual| TE37SAGA

Hey guys, a frequent lurker and long time member of the automotive enthusiast world, I present to you my second F56 (third MINI)

This set of images was shot on a recent trip from Tampa to the Washington D.C. area (home is where the heart is)

2017 Mini Cooper JCW| Manual| Stripper model + LED lighting & HK Sound
Factory;
CF Mirrors
CF bonnet scoop
Black head & taillight rings
Spoiler extensions
Sport aerial rod antenna

Modifications;
Bronze TE37SAGA wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports
ST-X coilover system
Custom exhaust setup
NM Intake system
Beltline, door handles, & gas cap wrapped in 3M gloss black film
Cermaic tint including windshield
Valentine 1 hardwired + blendmount
JCW Pro bumper extension

I am currently in between homes, in the middle of a move and have a few items in storage that need mounting, along with a few items that will soon be on the way;

Forge tie-bars
KMAC camber plates
Forge chassis bracing
25MM NM Rear Sway + endlinks
Powerflex bushings (all around)
Weischers Racing strut bar
Dinan Elite Tune (need to retain that warraty )
Militek DP (catless)
Recaro PP (x2 eventually)
Custom diffuser setup by the great Mateo Motor Sports
Duell Ag Gigamot front splitter
Manhart Racing vent gauge
Forge SSK, boot, Rennstall **** etc etc.

Thank you for looking. Happy motoring.

See me on the gram
@MRM5MAN

Last edited by MRM5MAN; 12-05-2017 at 01:41 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by MRM5MAN:
boki (02-05-2022), ECSTuning (12-08-2017), ironhead3fan (02-02-2022), Tngo23 (05-13-2023)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:58 AM
MomMini
3rd Gear
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Beautiful car!

The following users liked this post:
MRM5MAN (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 01:24 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Spectacular JCW! ;-)

But why DC over Tampa? I moved to PA from FL (Sarasota)....I keep questioning my sanity! lol! But on the plus side the twisties up here are much better than the straight & flat roads in FL!...very dull!

Your MINI looks awesome!

MRM5MAN (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 01:35 PM
MRM5MAN
1st Gear
Originally Posted by 02fanatic
Spectacular JCW! ;-)

But why DC over Tampa? I moved to PA from FL (Sarasota)....I keep questioning my sanity! lol! But on the plus side the twisties up here are much better than the straight & flat roads in FL!...very dull!

Your MINI looks awesome!
Thanks for the kind words! And to your question, I'm just not a fan of the state and it's ways. I'm of Pakistani decent (born in Texas, eat pork, marrying out of culture..) and am hardly the representative of that part of the world. With that said, I'm sure you can see where this is going but Florida is generally-speaking (and in my opinion) a backwards state in policy, people, mindset, pop & regional culture & general infra. South Florida is a major exception to all of those items (love Miami/FTL Metro) but I prefer the hustle and bustle, I prefer open mindsets, highways and constructions that make sense...and in the end, I miss my seasons! Winter in Florida is wonderful, the car culture is year-round & the lax'd nature of governement restrictions (guns, ALL cars are allowed given the lack of inspection or emissions) are all to be missed upon my departure. Sorry for the book!

P.s.
AND YES, I CAN'T STAND THE CONCRETE-STRAIGHT ROADS! Not used to that, and I've been here for 3 years lol!

Minnie.the.Moocher (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Nice car!!!

I felt similar about my three years in Sarasota Fl. Culture shock from West Coast to ??

Old 12-05-2017, 02:23 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Nice car!!!

I felt similar about my three years in Sarasota Fl. Culture shock from West Coast to ??
Well, I grew up there so I have many fond memories of the way it was before “everybody” moved South! Ha! Home truly is where the heart is, but you can’t beat the taxes (or lack thereof) in Florida! Plus you can drive all year round! My JCW with summer Pirelli’s is already tucked away! ;-(

Old 12-05-2017, 04:50 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
I lived in Tampa for a couple of years and in Satellite Beach for a couple. All in all I liked FL. Most of the people that I saw causing trouble were transplants from up north anyway especially back in the late 60's. I could have retired there, but decided to move back home. I missed the hills and trees. Definite shortage of both in FL. I even lived in CA for 6-7 years and enjoyed it at the time (late 70's early 80's), but you couldn't pay me enough to move back there or to DC. I'm right at home out here in the boondocks.

You do have a beautiful JCW. You'll need to get out of DC and head for the hills to enjoy the handling on that puppy. Have you ever been to MOTD? Now that, is a lot of fun!

http://minisonthedragon.com

Slothman (02-01-2022)
Old 12-05-2017, 06:14 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by MRM5MAN
Thanks for the kind words! And to your question, I'm just not a fan of the state and it's ways. I'm of Pakistani decent (born in Texas, eat pork, marrying out of culture..) and am hardly the representative of that part of the world. With that said, I'm sure you can see where this is going but Florida is generally-speaking (and in my opinion) a backwards state in policy, people, mindset, pop & regional culture & general infra. South Florida is a major exception to all of those items (love Miami/FTL Metro) but I prefer the hustle and bustle, I prefer open mindsets, highways and constructions that make sense...and in the end, I miss my seasons! Winter in Florida is wonderful, the car culture is year-round & the lax'd nature of governement restrictions (guns, ALL cars are allowed given the lack of inspection or emissions) are all to be missed upon my departure. Sorry for the book!

P.s.
AND YES, I CAN'T STAND THE CONCRETE-STRAIGHT ROADS! Not used to that, and I've been here for 3 years lol!

Is it legal to have a fully tinted windshield in your states? It is not in Nevada where I lived for 20 years.

Side windows are sometimes an issue for visibility at night or driving in indoor/parking lots.

As for inspection, control and emission, I believe all states in America should have an enforced policy to reduce pollution. I have never been bothered to go to smog test every year even with a new car.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:46 AM
MRM5MAN
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher
Nice car!!!

Culture shock from North to South, along with constantly traveling to the West.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:53 AM
MRM5MAN
1st Gear
Originally Posted by vetsvette
I lived in Tampa for a couple of years and in Satellite Beach for a couple. All in all I liked FL. Most of the people that I saw causing trouble were transplants from up north anyway especially back in the late 60's. I could have retired there, but decided to move back home. I missed the hills and trees. Definite shortage of both in FL. I even lived in CA for 6-7 years and enjoyed it at the time (late 70's early 80's), but you couldn't pay me enough to move back there or to DC. I'm right at home out here in the boondocks.

You do have a beautiful JCW. You'll need to get out of DC and head for the hills to enjoy the handling on that puppy. Have you ever been to MOTD? Now that, is a lot of fun!

http://minisonthedragon.com

Things have changed a bit, as far as trouble/low quality of people it seems to locals. And the bad locals, not the good locals- both of which are in every community across the country, world. However, with todays political drama- that same low quality of people now have the braun to make their stance clear.

Funny that you say that about California (and seem to be familiar with both DC/CA) because that is my home away from home. I've driven to California in my M5 for Bimmerfest last year, and drove back with an M6 Gran Coupe (1 of 25 in manual) this year. I love driving lol but that aside the culture out West is fantastically relatable to me. Even more so than my East Coast origins. Roads, weather, food, just general scenary and infra. But yes BUSY BUSY BUSY.

And I will absolutely get to MOTD as soon as I can! I've seen the even for years and have driven the road in my BMWs, never in my MINI.

Great JCW btw!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:16 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Nice JCW. Well done.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-09-2018, 12:22 PM
FunToMini
3rd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Thats one sweet JCW. Love the wheel combo you chose. You said "Beltline, door handles, & gas cap wrapped in 3M gloss black film". Was the front grille surround also wrapped in the 3M film?

Last edited by FunToMini; 01-09-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:57 PM
da3dalus
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mind sharing your wheel ET's and tire sizes?

18x8+45?
205/215/225?

Old 03-07-2018, 01:12 PM
67morris
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by da3dalus
Mind sharing your wheel ET's and tire sizes?

18x8+45?
205/215/225?

I believe they are 18X8.5 +42 and 225/40 tires

Old 04-09-2018, 06:48 AM
ryanschram
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Could you look to be sure? I've always loved these wheels. I love your fitment too. Perfect. Could you take a close-up pic of brake clearance?

Old 02-01-2022, 01:55 AM
gcova
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right now, f56jcw red car.
te37 What are the exact specifications of the offset?
Offset? Tire size?

The same size for front and rear?