JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Service At The End Of Factory Maintenance......

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 06:15 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Service At The End Of Factory Maintenance......

I got my JCW Coupe back after 2 weeks from the last Factory Maintenance at 35K.

They replaced all filters, brake flush, oil change, spark plugs as JCW spec service and delaminating CF shifter **** (they never saw that) but they are back order from Germany for the driver seat cover for many months and they received the wrong replacement parts

The JCW Sport red stitched fabric seat covers warranty is now extended to 10 years.

Otherwise the car is fine but they also replaced corroded sockets. Well, they damaged the door sill and paint to bare metal when removing the driver's seat and the carpet was stained with grease.

I am not happy

Old 06-27-2017, 09:30 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Man, that sounds like a bit of a mess to me. Sorry it turned out like that. I had my end of factory warranty maintenance in February in Scottsdale and all they did was change the oil, cabin filter, wiper blades, and spark plugs. I don't think they even did the brake fluid. 26k miles. I did (finally) put a Stage 1 MiniManiac ECU tune on the car on Saturday in Tempe for $500. I should have done that a long time ago. The car's a rocket ship now.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:16 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Man, that sounds like a bit of a mess to me. Sorry it turned out like that. I had my end of factory warranty maintenance in February in Scottsdale and all they did was change the oil, cabin filter, wiper blades, and spark plugs. I don't think they even did the brake fluid. 26k miles. I did (finally) put a Stage 1 MiniManiac ECU tune on the car on Saturday in Tempe for $500. I should have done that a long time ago. The car's a rocket ship now.

At least, they will fix everything when the car will go back and they even said they will replaced the JCW checkered floor mats as a courtesy.

You waited a very long time to bring some more punch to your JCW. I am sure you will enjoy.

I am still happy with the JB+ that provides pretty much the same added performance and I still manage the same average 32 mpg on my weekly driving in the mountains.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:36 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by dube53
At least, they will fix everything when the car will go back and they even said they will replaced the JCW checkered floor mats as a courtesy.

You waited a very long time to bring some more punch to your JCW. I am sure you will enjoy.

I am still happy with the JB+ that provides pretty much the same added performance and I still manage the same average 32 mpg on my weekly driving in the mountains.
Just curious, do you remove the JB+ when you take it to the dealer? One reason I waited on the tune was because my car just went out of warranty (3 yrs not miles).

Old 06-29-2017, 06:39 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Just curious, do you remove the JB+ when you take it to the dealer? One reason I waited on the tune was because my car just went out of warranty (3 yrs not miles).

No, I never removed it from new. This is a myth to think it needs to be removed before service. Most people don't know what they are talking about.

Since my car has been bought new mid 2014, I still have a full year of warranty to go. I don't expect either to do any other mods in the future if I make the decision to keep it any longer.

My Coupe is just a daily driver. It is pampered and never abused. I just enjoy a little more punch on the mountain roads from the already performing JCW engine and the JB+ is just right for me.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:17 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
YES you should ALWAYS remove it before going to the dealer. I can't tell you how many times I've seen techs note it in an effort to void a warranty or use it as a reason to not do something. Let alone if a rep from MINI sees it they will void the warranty too. Plus it only takes 30 seconds so it's not worth the risk.
It will never hurt you for them to NOT see it.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 06-29-2017, 09:10 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
YES you should ALWAYS remove it before going to the dealer. I can't tell you how many times I've seen techs note it in an effort to void a warranty or use it as a reason to not do something. Let alone if a rep from MINI sees it they will void the warranty too. Plus it only takes 30 seconds so it's not worth the risk.
It will never hurt you for them to NOT see it.

LOL.... sorry man but you don't know what you are talking about.

From new, my car has been serviced at two dealers in different states and the JB+ has never been removed in 35K.

It has never been an issue at all for full warranty and complete service.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:40 AM
Vkng
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From new, my car has been serviced at two dealers in different states and the JB+ has never been removed in 35K.

He said there's a risk and it's not worth taking. Your anectodal evidence doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:47 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Vkng
He said there's a risk and it's not worth taking. Your anectodal evidence doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Well..... if I follow his thinking to scare people, maybe everybody should also delete their Manic tune before going to service LOL.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:27 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE

Since my car has been bought new mid 2014, I still have a full year of warranty to go. I don't expect either to do any other mods in the future if I make the decision to keep it any longer.
I bought mine in 4/14 about the same, as a new car. I thought the warranty was up after 3 years, isn't that right?

Old 07-05-2017, 04:31 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Yeah, but you take it to the "wrong" dealer with burned valve or some screwed up engine part and see what happens then. People have posted threads about dealers refusing to fix their bum high pressure fuel pump because they bought "bad gas". Right? True, I've seen somebody who bought their "tuner box" from the dealer who installed it.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:59 PM
dube53
6th Gear
I bought mine in 4/14 about the same, as a new car. I thought the warranty was up after 3 years, isn't that right?

It is 4 years/50K. The maintenance program is 3 years/36K.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:36 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Yeah, but you take it to the "wrong" dealer with burned valve or some screwed up engine part and see what happens then. People have posted threads about dealers refusing to fix their bum high pressure fuel pump because they bought "bad gas". Right? True, I've seen somebody who bought their "tuner box" from the dealer who installed it.

Seriously..... I would be far more concerned if somebody screwed up permanently with your ECU with a full remap from a tuner shop and you are still under warranty. Set-ups and readings don't lie.

The JB+ is just providing additional boost when needed. It is the reason I went for it instead of having somebody to tweak the ECU. It is really inoffensive and MPG is the same as stock.

This is the reason the dealers don't care because they know what this is about. This is not a mod but a convenience for a daily driver.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:03 PM
12 JCW
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The JCW Sport red stitched fabric seat covers warranty is now extended to 10 years.

What goes wrong with the seats?

Old 07-14-2017, 07:06 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 12 JCW
What goes wrong with the seats?

The checkered flag fabric on the 2013 seat bottoms and the other shiny material for the back bolsters on the driver's seat have tendency to fade and lack their luster.

You would probably never notice. I am picky.

My previous cars were leather and they also faded.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:10 PM
12 JCW
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The checkered flag fabric on the 2013 seat bottoms and the other shiny material for the back bolsters on the driver's seat have tendency to fade and lack their luster.

You would probably never notice. I am picky.

My previous cars were leather and they also faded.

Same thing on my 2012...I noticed it starting to happening the first year, but didn't know about the warranty extension. thanks.