JCW AC Schnitzer Front Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 11:22 AM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look into jcw pro parts prices. Some think it's over priced. Some think it completes the look of their car. That's what great about our cars and this community! There's something for everyone and not everything is for everybody, but for the most part we are here to help and be respectful.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:28 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vetsvette
Well, my splitter came in today. Arrived in a damaged box so I pulled the splitter out and removed all the bubble wrap. Splitter is in perfect shape. And, I got an instruction book in German. That's not a problem because I downloaded the English instructions from their website. But, there's a small problem.... No hardware. Had to take pictures of the splitter and package and send to ECS. Then they'll contact ACS about sending a hardware package.
Carp. Ordered June 2nd................................
Looks like a nice piece. What is it made out of? Looks like ABS Plastic with that textured finish. Also yours doesn't have any kind of edge trim but the one pictured above on the car in some of the pics it looks like it does, but others it's hard to tell so wasn't sure if it came with it or if it's maybe kinda rounded front edge.. Edge trim could always be added down the road if it gets rock chips too bad..

Old 07-11-2016, 08:34 AM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
No edge trim. The leading edge is rounded. That and the bottom of the splitter are smooth and the top is a light texture. That's probably what made it look like that. Material looks pretty solid so I'm not too worried about chips.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:35 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Good news is my parts came in. Bad news is, no hardware. Booooo!!!! I'm hoping the shop I'm going to will have something similar if not better to mount this thing tomorrow. If not, shame shame. It would have been great if this was on before my Vegas trip. Hope ecstuning and Ac Schneider gets this resolved quick.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:10 PM
vetsvette
Same thing here. Mine came in last Saturday. I've called or emailed ECS about it every day and they assure me that they are working with ACS to get the parts to me. No tracking number yet, and as far as I can ascertain, ECS hasn't heard from ACS yet. I ordered mine on June 2nd and all I have to show for it is a strange looking paperweight lying on my living room floor. Getting very frustrating. I just got off the phone with ECS and essentially there is no change in the status. The guy I spoke to is going to forward all my info to their guy on NAM and see if he can reach out to the vendor. Fingers crossed.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:53 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
It's great that companies want to get the product to the consumers sooner than later. This however is a little silly. We are paying top dollars to work out the issues that these companies should have ironed out prior.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:16 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

Also got my front nose trim with the splitter. Great job to ecstuning for the great packing. No way the hardware fell out the double packaging.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:44 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Lots of trouble guys!....I hope it's worth it, seriously. One thing I know how to do well is pack things for shipment....amazing how rough shippers are on things...just shameful!

Old 07-15-2016, 02:52 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I hope that top section atleast left them with it being taped on!!!! Other then that it's the shippers fault for all the corners being busted up.. Sad about the missing hardware but if all it is are those push and twist things in a pic from a page back I'd not use them anyway. I'd opt for nuts/bolts/washers...

Old 07-15-2016, 02:59 AM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

It was double box. I guess still possible to fall out. Instruction inside the baggy is in tack. Would have guess they put hardware with instruction bag.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:11 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Hello Guys , Sorry to see this. We are working with AC and it looks like they had a miss-pack issue on these. We are going to have them send out the hardware to you asap. We should have an eta here very soon. I was out of the office on MTTS 2016 and just got back.

If you ever have any issue just PM me.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-15-2016, 11:33 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Got an email from Ryan of Ecs saying the hardware is being sent. Yay!!! To me Ecstuning did everything they can on their side to provide and get us the product on a timely matter. Ac Schnitzer dropped the ball by not sending us/dealers complete sets. Nothing to do with the product or the quality. My frustration comes from not being able to get everything installed at once, as well as on time for Mtts (which all parties could have benefited from since I truly believe it's a good product for a reasonable price.)

As great as this forum is in helping and getting help, nothing is better than seeing it in person and being able to engage with the people who take great pride on their mini.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions negative and positive and for those who had been more than helpful!

Motor On!!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:37 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
The guys that installed my intercooler and coilover today didn't install the splitter since they felt it would be better with the proper spacers provided with this kit. I fully agree with that decision and chose to wait for the provided parts (good or bad)

Old 07-16-2016, 07:56 AM
vetsvette
I hadn't heard anything so I called them again, like I have every day since last Saturday. Was told they'll be here Monday. Still waiting for a tracking number. If I do get them Monday that'll be 10 days after I received the splitter and a full 46 days since I ordered the thing.

Edit: Just got the tracking number. Parts were shipped Friday. Arrive Monday. I agree it's not all ECS fault that this happened, But maybe they shouldn't have jumped the gun and listed them until they knew they were available. Since I only have access to a lift on the weekends it'll be another week before installation.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:03 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by vetsvette
I hadn't heard anything so I called them again, like I have every day since last Saturday. Was told they'll be here Monday. Still waiting for a tracking number. If I do get them Monday that'll be 10 days after I received the splitter and a full 46 days since I ordered the thing.

Edit: Just got the tracking number. Parts were shipped Friday. Arrive Monday. I agree it's not all ECS fault that this happened, But maybe they shouldn't have jumped the gun and listed them until they knew they were available. Since I only have access to a lift on the weekends it'll be another week before installation.
Hoping that the delay is because they have updated the hardware. As stated earlier :in the thread the supplied hardware simply did not do the job. I refer to the front mounting points.
Please post pics of what you get...svp.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:07 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

The little lip would have completed my car. By complete I mean ends up buying more parts cause it's never really done. Lol

Old 07-17-2016, 03:45 AM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
Just got confirmation that my hardware will be in second day air Monday! I'm hoping I can get this bad boy on by Tuesday afternoon and ready for my trip! I'm super excited. It would have been great (price wise) to get this installed with the other stuff, but things happen for a reason. Hope it's all worth it....

Old 07-18-2016, 06:58 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

So some of the hardware was a little off, we rigged it a little and got it working. Tadaaaa finally on.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 PM
vetsvette
Definitely improves the look of the front end.
What was the problem with the software? And, what was your work around? My parts came in today and I notice the package is marked JCW. I'm wondering if they sent me the correct hardware.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:02 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

The taller angled spacers showed up as a cylinder with no angle at all (could have been for jcw) not sure. The smaller ones meant for the fronts angled the lip up which would have caused drag and possible damamge. He trimmed the taller one and put it on the front for a better fit. Either way trimming was involved and I'm not near my car or instruction for better explanation tonight.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:04 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
You can almost see the reflection on he splitter by the air scoop of where the modified spacers went. I will take a picture in the morning for better explanation.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:07 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

Passenger side modified spacer location.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:24 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear

A better picture. The spacer was shaved off a bit to get an angle that follows the bumper. Hardware I got was a regular cylinder not an angled one Shown in pics.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:11 PM
vetsvette
Mine doesn't look to have an angle as I expected it to either. And, the bag is marked F55/F56 JCW so I'm wondering if I got the right package. I'm going to try and call ACS USA and find out. Thanks for the pics and info MoJo.

EDIT: The man who would know is not in today. (Surprise) I left the part number and they will contact me tomorrow. (Fingers crossed) The saga continues.

Last edited by vetsvette; 07-19-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:17 PM
MoJo4Twenty
3rd Gear
I'm pretty sure mine said the same as far as f55 and f56 jcw. I'm trying to find the bag it came in. I'm %100 sure I matched it with the picture and it was the same piece count only minor difference was the angle of the provided piece. If you have something like the parts picture, you're good to go. Might have trim or make it work a different way but it will work. Good luck!

Quick Reply: JCW AC Schnitzer Front Splitter