Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Nice going PU, but there is a problem here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eager2own
^ -- Blackie, you trying to make 6th gear in one day again?

Well, I've been pretty quiet lately (tax season keeps me pretty busy), so I'm making up for lost time. Actually, I just couldn't abide by what these clowns from PU tried here; they really went way, way, way too far in trying to use a colleague's passing, hitched to a misrepresentation to prospective buyers that they would secure a tax deduction in exchange for buying a PU part (at a discount yet), just to unload their crap. How much gall does it take to say you're honoring a co-worker and then trade on his death to enrich yourself? Can you say shameless? Now save your breath, those who might defend them with "but all the proceeds actually did go to charity" (let's see the donation check first - cashed please - and the accounting of what they actually sold off this "special promotion"), as we do not know how well these parts were moving or how many they had on hand. As a business decision, it is better to get a tax deduction (they got one, assuming they actually donated the proceeds) rather than sit on inventory that isn't selling.

Last edited by blackie; 04-18-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue here to me is more than the issue raised in the thread. People make mistakes and upon the mistake being highlighted if corrected, I say we move on. The issue from my perspective is truth in advertising.

From the PU website (http://www.paloubermini.com/index.html )“ The visual dynamics of the Palo Uber cars and accessories are attributed to the intense creative ability of Palo Uber, as he is considered to be one of the greatest living abstract expressionists.

From the PU website (http://www.paloubermini.com/1136050.html) “All of our Mini Cooper accessories have been designed by Palo Uber encompassing three core elements...
  1. High performance improvements to the Mini Cooper S
  2. Esthetic enhancements improving your comfort
  3. Visual dynamics.”
I am under the impression that Palo Uber doesn’t exist but made up for marketing purposes.

Let’s assume that Palo Uber does exist then why is it that we are able to find numerous products that were made by others when it is claimed he has had a hand in the designed element? What design element did PU add to the Rims, Coilovers, Valve Stems, Lug Nuts, Spacers, Gate Guard (just to name a few items) that they sell?

If the website said “hand selected by PU” I would not have an issue but the claim is “desgined by PU”.

They use this unique design element to justify a premium for their products - brilliant however its false advertising.

Last edited by Bahamabart; 04-20-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 AM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lest we forget the state of the art packaging it comes in...........

Old 04-20-2008, 05:57 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bahamabart
The issue here to me is more than the issue raised in the thread. People make mistakes and upon the mistake being highlighted if corrected, I say we move on. The issue from my perspective is truth in advertising.

From the PU website (http://www.paloubermini.com/index.html )“ The visual dynamics of the Palo Uber cars and accessories are attributed to the intense creative ability of Palo Uber, as he is considered to be one of the greatest living abstract expressionists.

From the PU website (http://www.paloubermini.com/1136050.html) “All of our Mini Cooper accessories have been designed by Palo Uber encompassing three core elements...
  1. High performance improvements to the Mini Cooper S
  2. Esthetic enhancements improving your comfort
  3. Visual dynamics.”
I am under the impression that Palo Uber doesn’t exist but made up for marketing purposes.

Let’s assume that Palo Uber does exist then why is it that we are able to find numerous products that were made by others when it is claimed he has had a hand in the designed element? What design element did PU add to the Rims, Coilovers, Valve Stems, Lug Nuts, Spacers, Gate Guard (just to name a few items) that they sell?

If the website said “hand selected by PU” I would not have an issue but the claim is “desgined by PU”.

They use this unique design element to justify a premium for their products - brilliant however its false advertising.

Yep!

Old 04-20-2008, 09:25 PM
blackie
6th Gear
How about a head count on how many of us wrote to the new owners? I will list the ones I know of from what is already in this thread. Did I miss someone? Add your name.

Come on folks, put your writing talents to work. Instead of just complaining here, let's make the new owners feel our pain. Also, besides starting the list below, I'd like to see who actually gets a reply. We should report back to each other here. Maybe there is a better location in one of the forums to start a new "WRITE THE NEW OWNERS AND ASK PALO UBER TO BE REMOVED AS A VENDOR" thread. Any suggestions?

LIST OF WHO WROTE TO: AutoAdvertiser@InternetBrands.com

1. minimarks
2. blackie
3. ImagoX
4. Bahamabart

Old 04-20-2008, 09:47 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Old 04-20-2008, 09:52 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Originally Posted by blackie
How about a head count on how many of us wrote to the new owners? I will list the ones I know of from what is already in this thread. Did I miss someone? Add your name.

Come on folks, put your writing talents to work. Instead of just complaining here, let's make the new owners feel our pain. Also, besides starting the list below, I'd like to see who actually gets a reply. We should report back to each other here. Maybe there is a better location in one of the forums to start a new "WRITE THE NEW OWNERS AND ASK PALO UBER TO BE REMOVED AS A VENDOR" thread. Any suggestions?

1. minimarks
2. blackie
3. ImagoX
4. Bahamabart
5. ScottinBend
added me.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:55 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ScottinBend
added me.
Thanks for signing up for the revolution. Pass the word.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
motionmonk
2nd Gear
Boy, what a thread!
I'm on my 2nd PU Hood Scoop; the first one de-laminated like you would not believe... but then again, we have very wide temp shifts here in Arizona.
Then again, PU could have done better in laminating it better too.
The very loud SUCKING sound that I heard from Carol was a total lack of response to several requests for information on it. Total black hole.
So, why am I on my 2nd one? Simple. I like the look and I got a good deal.

I am sorry that Bryce has passed. My contact with him was a pleasant one, and I'm hoping that his passing was without pain.
That said, I cringed when I saw the sale announcement. I think the best way to to have honored Bryce was to have the best 5 stories from customers about Bryce be awarded with FREE CF Spoilers... then PU could have claimed the full tax credit.
PU constantly shoots themselves in the foot. Blackie, I'm glad that you are making this more visible.
My actions in real life and online have consequences; for PU and NAM, this should be the same.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Coen_de_K
4th Gear
I got a little question....

who is getting contact with palo uber.. I am on the dealer list but can't get any contact.. they prommised me a new scoop... NO *)#@ REACTION for 2-3 months now!! :O

I am not a very good english writer but I'll give it a go...
AutoAdvertiser@InternetBrands.com Here I come!

many thanks guys,

Coen

Old 04-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by motionmonk
I am sorry that Bryce has passed.....and I'm hoping that his passing was without pain.
while there is outrage about PU dealings HERE we all concur.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 AM
minimarks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Second that.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bahamabart
while there is outrage about PU dealings HERE we all concur.

Agreed! While I had some choice words with Bryce (and I have to believe he was fully in on the trickery these guys at PU so love to play), anyone's passing at an early age from this horrible affliction is to be mourned. Just one reason that PU's attempt at trading on Bryce's passing is shameless.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Just sent my email.

1. minimarks
2. blackie
3. ImagoX
4. Bahamabart
5. ScottinBend
6. MLWagner79

Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 PM
bahawton
4th Gear
It took me 8 months worth of calling & e-mailing to get replacement lug bolts (they were rusting). They didn't send the replacements 'till I threatened to file a complaint with the Attorney General & Better Business Bureau.

The new set is starting to rust after only 40 miles (1 week)!?!

I really wish we could ban Palo Uber from NAM since I get pissed-off every time I see one of their lame announcements (They can't even copy & paste pictures or hyperlinks to their new products)...

Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
Just sent my email.

1. minimarks
2. blackie
3. ImagoX
4. Bahamabart
5. ScottinBend
6. MLWagner79
GREAT! You were posting this just as I was asking whether or not you had written to the new owners in the thread I began over on the SITE FEEDBACK forum. Thanks for answering the call to arms.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bahawton
It took me 8 months worth of calling & e-mailing to get replacement lug bolts (they were rusting).

The new set is starting to rust after only 40 miles (1 week)!?!

I really wish we could ban Palo Uber from NAM since I get pissed-off every time I see one of their lame announcements (They can't even copy & paste pictures or hyperlinks to their new products)...

Please write about your experience with PU to the new owners and ask that PU be banned. Have you seen the ad they are running today? Sounds like it is full of fiction.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Coen_de_K
I got a little question....

who is getting contact with palo uber.. I am on the dealer list but can't get any contact.. they prommised me a new scoop... NO *)#@ REACTION for 2-3 months now!! :O

I am not a very good english writer but I'll give it a go...
AutoAdvertiser@InternetBrands.com Here I come!

many thanks guys,

Coen
After writing them, please ad your name to the list of those who have written to complain about the stench PU gives off on this site.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:10 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by motionmonk
Boy, what a thread!
I'm on my 2nd PU Hood Scoop; the first one de-laminated like you would not believe... but then again, we have very wide temp shifts here in Arizona.
Then again, PU could have done better in laminating it better too.
The very loud SUCKING sound that I heard from Carol was a total lack of response to several requests for information on it. Total black hole.
So, why am I on my 2nd one? Simple. I like the look and I got a good deal.

I am sorry that Bryce has passed. My contact with him was a pleasant one, and I'm hoping that his passing was without pain.
That said, I cringed when I saw the sale announcement. I think the best way to to have honored Bryce was to have the best 5 stories from customers about Bryce be awarded with FREE CF Spoilers... then PU could have claimed the full tax credit.
PU constantly shoots themselves in the foot. Blackie, I'm glad that you are making this more visible.
My actions in real life and online have consequences; for PU and NAM, this should be the same.
Thanks for the feedback! Sorry to know your experience is what has typically happened when problems arise; PU just ignores them - not always at first, but if they can't make it right after a try or even two, it is adios and into the sunset to burn some new unsuspecting stooge (yes, that is what we who have fallen prey to PU all are, if we allow it to simply continue). Stop playing the fool and please write to the new owners and add your name to the list that is here.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's also the Vendor Reviews section

And here's the link to the PU listings...

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...uct/204/cat/17

They currently have a 2.6 out of 10 rating...

Matt

Old 04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They also have a fabulous new roof spoiler out.

It's amazingly adjustable, in THREE DIFFERENT WAYS! For the bargain price of only about $700 (After discount). Operators are standing by!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:19 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs

Matt
...and it is only that high because I didn't give them a 1 and you had two other NAMers who supported them with an 8 and a 9; otherwise their rating would be all 1s.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:21 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rustyboy155
They also have a fabulous new roof spoiler out.

It's amazingly adjustable, in THREE DIFFERENT WAYS! For the bargain price of only about $700 (After discount). Operators are standing by!
I wrote about their new ad in the SITE FEEDBACK forum. It is chock full of the typical BS and fluff PU is famous for.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, it's pretty obvious how it goes..

the vendor fees get your adds a pass on moderation for content. At least there are threads and now the Vendor Ratings (used to be hidden in the parts reviews, and before that nothing at all) to give buyers a heads up....

It would be nice if the Vendor Reviews had a bar graph of ratings that looked like the polls....

Life goes on....

Matt

Old 04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Dr Obnxs

Matt
....and the photos of the rusty lugs and the flimsy broken "special" tuner wrench and broken lug key in that vendor review are mine....document, document, document....they cannot run from their record, but we need more of those who PU has scrwed to write to the new owners - it doesn't need to be a novel; a few short sentances will do

Last edited by blackie; 04-21-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Nice going PU, but there is a problem here!