keeping my fingers cross..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:57 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keeping my fingers cross..

well, i'm seeing the light! looks like my MINI is FINALLY ready on wed...i hope.

but the sad news is that my co worker's MINI was keyed recently as well...WTF! who is doing this?!? some sicko out to deface our pride? or could it be that we have some bad apples pissing people off on the road (like cutting people off) and giving us a bad name? where's the ALOHA?

Old 12-13-2005, 11:31 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
bad apples

--Sadly I do see a lot of bad Mini drivers coming from the Sand Island and Pearl Harbor/Hickam area. Three to be exact. A yellow one, a black one and a purple one. They are really impatient and either they're really bad drivers or they mean to cut people off but I'll be driving home takin it easy in rush hour and these guys and or girls will come zippin by cutting everybody off going in and out of lanes. I'll see brake lights light up everywhere they go so they're cuttin people off REAL close. These are the same kinda people who won't wave back when you wave at them too. Sad but true. I just drive nice and easy most times so people won't confuse me with them.

--pyratio

Originally Posted by cwlouis
well, i'm seeing the light! looks like my MINI is FINALLY ready on wed...i hope.

but the sad news is that my co worker's MINI was keyed recently as well...WTF! who is doing this?!? some sicko out to deface our pride? or could it be that we have some bad apples pissing people off on the road (like cutting people off) and giving us a bad name? where's the ALOHA?

Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
same here, i've seen a dark silver one cutting people in town as well (very close to my color) and my sister was cut off by this one. i'm worry that eventually, i'll hear what my friends say about BMW drivers being rude drivers (not to offend any BMW owners and not all are like that).

hmmm, just a few bad apples...

Old 12-13-2005, 06:02 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
same here, i've seen a dark silver one cutting people in town as well (very close to my color) and my sister was cut off by this one. i'm worry that eventually, i'll hear what my friends say about BMW drivers being rude drivers (not to offend any BMW owners and not all are like that).

hmmm, just a few bad apples...
Hey! j/k

Hope you get your car back for the holidays. Why did it take so long for the repair?

Old 12-13-2005, 07:26 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
I'm glad that there are perfect drivers out there that drive
blue, red, orange, green, white, black, purple, yellow, silver and dark silver MINI's.

Did it occur to you that maybe the defacing of a couple of cars had NOTHING to do with how others drive and maybe just a lot to do with random acts of juvenile vandalism?

AND.... if my newly found lead foot causes me to drive in a manner that offends someone, then I am genuinely sorry.. but I will not accept that this is somehow inducing the greater key carrying public to target the paint jobs of a few MINI owners.

How about 60% of the Tuner's out there that drive like madmen.... Do WRX, Honda, Scion, etc. owners have to carry special insurance because all those Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and Ford drivers hunt them down to carve up their paint?

I'm sorry that you guys suffered the vandalism that you did and hope you're back out there motoring (safely) soon.

Perhaps the decision to start criticizing unknown drivers by identifying their cars in this VERY PUBLIC forum, is not a very good idea. What's next... license numbers? addresses? Photos? Who elected you to be cop, judge and jury?

btw..... I own what I believe to be one of less than 5 Purple MINI's on the island. If my driving caused you any grief, please feel free to contact me.

This thread should disappear.... and I invite the moderators to delete it.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:43 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
Feedback - I have to agree...I think it's just an act of vandalism. Our cars stick out in the crowd, and that's what makes them targets to childish punks. I've left mine (top down ) parked outside of Longs in Waianae several times, and never had a problem...lucky? Probably! Not the smartest thing to do? Definitely, but at the end of the day, to me, it really is just a car, as much as I'd hate to admit it. It was a crummy thing that happened to you, and I'm glad your baby will be back soon, but I don't think it's aggressive drivers...there's plenty of aggressive Tahoes, WRXs, Hondas, etc...to blame it on that.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:26 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
alright!!!! yah!!! so when we doing your brakes???????

Old 12-13-2005, 10:57 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
sorry to cause some problems with this post. just speaking my mind that's all. please feel free to delete this if needed. remember, it was not to offend but as a "forum" to express one's thoughts...

with that said, regardless if this post vaporizes...i just glad i'll have my MCS back soon..

as for why it's taking so long, (again, pardon my thoughts) they just tend to run on "hawaiian" time. but hey, if they do a good job in stripping and repainting, what's a week or two. i rather not see deliver of a 3 tone MCS (2 shades of grey and a white top). believe me, when my friend's honda was rushed, it looks like a chop shop car. i've also seen my friend's honda mistaken as someone else's car because of the stickers that it was hit (keyed)..childish? yes... punks? maybe... but these things do happened.

louis

btw: to whom this post will further cause any problem, just PM me..

btww: keikee, need my car (i hope tomorrow) and then check with dirk.

btwww: why did it took this long. i think that they are just taking too much cars in and not enough people plus bad weather couple of weeks back which would have made it bad for the paint set...so they say.

btwwww: FeedBack, again...i'm not picking fights, just speaking my mind..but if this offended you, my apologies and please go ahead and request what you need to do..

Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
sorry to cause some problems with this post. just speaking my mind that's all. please feel free to delete this if needed. remember, it was not to offend but as a "forum" to express one's thoughts...

with that said, regardless if this post vaporizes...i just glad i'll have my MCS back soon..

as for why it's taking so long, (again, pardon my thoughts) they just tend to run on "hawaiian" time. but hey, if they do a good job in stripping and repainting, what's a week or two. i rather not see deliver of a 3 tone MCS (2 shades of grey and a white top). believe me, when my friend's honda was rushed, it looks like a chop shop car. i've also seen my friend's honda mistaken as someone else's car because of the stickers that it was hit (keyed)..childish? yes... punks? maybe... but these things do happened.

louis

btw: to whom this post will further cause any problem, just PM me..

btww: keikee, need my car (i hope tomorrow) and then check with dirk.

btwww: why did it took this long. i think that they are just taking too much cars in and not enough people plus bad weather couple of weeks back which would have made it bad for the paint set...so they say.

btwwww: FeedBack, again...i'm not picking fights, just speaking my mind..but if this offended you, my apologies and please go ahead and request what you need to do..
No problems at all here...just crappy people who do crappy things and have complete disregard for others...that's what flames me...and it sucks that you have to suffer for it. AS far as taking so long, I know how you feel. When I was hit, it took central over 2 weeks to repaint the passenger side, and I was pissed, but when I got the car back, they did an awesome job, so it was worth having it done right.

Old 12-15-2005, 03:45 PM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
Freedom of speech?

--Hey Louis it was my bad if anyones. If anyone's posts need to be deleted then just nuke my posts and not this thread.

The question was asked "are there any bad apples out there?" and I answered it. I relayed those "bad apple's" actions as I saw it. Yes it may not be their fault that his car got keyed, but MINI owners that drive and act like that do not foster warm fuzzy feelings for other MINI drivers from non-MINI drivers.

I respect FeedBack's opinion that we shouldn't judge or identify other MINI drivers but I also feel that how people act in public should be made public. If there's a person who drives like a maniac in the Hawaii Kai area and his or her car looks just like mine I want to know so I don't hang out or park there too often. Lest I be punished for someone elses sins.

This forum was made to help MINI and Mini owners so that was my intention. Not to crucify anyone. If people are offended or embarassed by my reports then maybe they should think about how they treat other drivers on this island before they act like that. It's a small island. We should all learn to get along.

That's my opinion ... like something else...everyone has one.

--pyratio

Originally Posted by FeedBack
did and hope you're back out there motoring (safely) soon.

Perhaps the decision to start criticizing unknown drivers by identifying their cars in this VERY PUBLIC forum, is not a very good idea. What's next... license numbers? addresses? Photos? Who elected you to be cop, judge and jury?

Old 12-16-2005, 01:41 AM
keikilee
5th Gear
hey louis did you get your MINI yet? i bet your new iPod will look/sound sweet in there! *jealous*

good luck to you!!!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
I agree Pyratio.... luckily I am the only AB/S on the island...so far...

I did see a blue/black MCS w/ white rear lights & plate "min moi' driving like a madman today on vineyard around lunch.... 3 lane changes & driving too fast for that situation in 3 blocks.... I'm sure we have all done some crazy stuff like that sometime or another... I just hope they don't pull that crap all the time...

Old 12-16-2005, 06:15 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
i just got word from the shop...looks like it's ready for pickup tomorrow. now after the picking it up, i'll be having it alarmed and retinted...what a busy sat! but yes, i truely believe that actions of a few screws everone over.

so my christmas wish this year is motor safe and think of others when on the road.

oh yeah, my MCS will now be armed with the clifford...hope that helps, wish i could custom the fob graphics to a MINI outline..

louis

ps. yep kei, will plug my ipod video on a test run tomorrow too!

Old 12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
The_Beastmaster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by roehrigs01
I agree Pyratio.... luckily I am the only AB/S on the island...so far...

I did see a blue/black MCS w/ white rear lights & plate "min moi' driving like a madman today on vineyard around lunch.... 3 lane changes & driving too fast for that situation in 3 blocks.... I'm sure we have all done some crazy stuff like that sometime or another... I just hope they don't pull that crap all the time...
minmoi belongs to a rather young man who always drives like that.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:43 AM
qweewq12
4th Gear
damn shame