Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] kbseto cruise

Old 10-28-2006, 03:52 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Hawaii] kbseto cruise

Originally Posted by kbseto
get ready to eat...there's ono food all over the island...i think some of our threads on here talked a bit about some of our fave spots, desert included.

of course, get ready to view some big surf, as you'll be hitting the start of the pro surf season here. really, there is nothing like watching huge surf while standing on the beach. unfortunately, you'll need to get ready for the crowds too, as the roads on the north shore are woefully inadequate for crowds, but that is also part of the north shore's charm.

just a reminder, lotsa food places all over, including north shore. burger joint is probably kua'aina in haleiwa, but it's also in town at ward centre/village. shave ice either matsumoto's or aoki's. desert ted's bakery in sunset, with chocolate haupia the most popular by far. kahuku shrimp trucks, take your pick. personally giovanni's or the truck in the old sugar mill parking lot. and if you're adventurous, stop by the kahuku superette acrosss the kahuku high school, and get some poke; i prefer ahi limu, which i swear is among my most favorite poke on the island. poke with steamed rice in the bottom is the most popular lunch or snack item there.

i think we're having a mini event at aloha tower marketplace sunday nov. 12th 9-1. most of us should be there as it's also a charity event too i believe. and yeah, aloha tower has some ono food places too.
I was reading the above post you made on another thread and was getting hungry for some kbseto inspired grinds. Kyle, let's do a cruise to head towards one of your many recommended places (maybe.....finally.....Pahke's?). Name a date and time and I'll be there.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:42 PM
kbseto
5th Gear
is this a dream come true? cruise for food/dessert? well, pretty much any weekend but this first weekend in november as i'll be in s.f. or i could go on a t/th lunch thing.

pahke's sounds good...haven't been there since i've been working wahiawa the past few months. the chinese food is good, but the dessert is the winner. i also heard farrell's is now open in windward mall. and the ruby tuesday's is supposedly the busiest one in the world? i just heard that one on the radio this past week.

who's up for a cruise for food? name a weekend or day and i shall definitely try to be there. just not the first weekend in november 4-5 please.

one other place i haven't been to in a long time since leaving ewa beach is the mexican place, fiesta's in ewa pointe shopping center. they too have pretty good dessert, as well as main entree's.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:10 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Let's DO IT! I vote for Pahke's though. I've been dying to go there but never had a chance too. It'd be a nice little cruise too.

I remember you saying you liked Fiesta's. I have not had luck (two times) so I just don't go any more. I was at my folk's place last night (Ocean Pointe) and we went to have ice cream after dinner and I peaked into Fiesta's. It was empty! Every time I walk over to Morning Glory (with my daughter), Fiesta's is empty. Another place that is doing bad over there is the KD's - it's absolutely empty all the time! There are closed until Nov.1 for some kind of renovation (sign on window said).

Anyways......back to the GRINDS Cruise.......let's start a list :
1. DaKineMINI
2. kbseto
3. nt2sml
4. groove67 Mr. & Mrs.
5. roehrigs01
6. avajones
7. Blown-Lone-Star (x2)
8. Latka (and a few more Classic Minis)
9. Grimey
10. Liz (and hubby)

Last edited by DaKineMINI; 11-15-2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Added to the list
Old 10-29-2006, 10:52 AM
kbseto
5th Gear
pahke's it is then!

hmmm, i'm gonna hafta visit fiesta's sometime. maybe they changed owners or something. i actually prefer going there when it's empty, cause it can get pretty cruched-up in there when busy. plus i get to talk story a bit with the host, the owner's son.

another nice spot is saito's restaurant in that ewa medical area across ewa beach shopping center, on the same side of the road as burger king. you can't see it until you drive up into the parking lot. during lunch when i used to go, it was usually empty. but that's perfectly fine with me, as it's more relaxing that way.

pahke's, here we come!

Old 10-29-2006, 01:43 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kbseto
pahke's it is then!

hmmm, i'm gonna hafta visit fiesta's sometime. maybe they changed owners or something. i actually prefer going there when it's empty, cause it can get pretty cruched-up in there when busy. plus i get to talk story a bit with the host, the owner's son.

another nice spot is saito's restaurant in that ewa medical area across ewa beach shopping center, on the same side of the road as burger king. you can't see it until you drive up into the parking lot. during lunch when i used to go, it was usually empty. but that's perfectly fine with me, as it's more relaxing that way.

pahke's, here we come!
Now we need a date! And more folks, though, I'd still go if it was only us.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:32 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
November 18th, Saturday

The date for the kbseto Grinds Cruise has been set for Saturday, November 18th. If you can make it, please sign-in at http://www.hawaiiminiclub.org/forum/...hp?p=1316#1316. Thanks!

Old 11-18-2006, 12:05 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Tomorrow's the day!

Looks like Latka (Andy) and kbseto (Kyle) will be meeting us at our first pit stop (on H3 at the Kaneohe lookout).

Grimey (Mike) and I (Dirk) will be at the meeting spot a little earlier than 9:30 - we'll be drinking coffee/Jamba Juice and BSing so if anyone is early, look for us in front of the Starbucks/JambaJuice area.

I will be running a little prize give away game tomorrow. Kind of like mileage-counter roulette. I have a few prizes donated by Mary of MINI of Hawaii, Casey R., Castrol Oil, and myself. I used the random number generator function on my calculator to come-up with numbers and we'll match them with mileage indicator numbers. We'll see how it goes.

See you cruisers tomorrow!

Old 11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
It was a good turnout today! We had eight MINIs and one Mini show up for our little cruise. We took two tables at Pah-kes so we were lucky our group wasn't too big. Pictures are being added to our thread on the HMMC website forum : http://www.hawaiiminiclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189