Newbie GP2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 07:50 PM
32 ft. per sec2
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Newbie GP2 Questions

Apologies if these are in a previous thread.

Anyone have an opinion on installing a turbo heat shield for the GP2?

Also, is there a safe, effective way to remove the nanny state issued warnings on the sun visors?

Old 12-20-2015, 10:03 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Yes I cut a notch in our hood heat shield and use it as it works the best and is cheap.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/mini-co...5-r56-r57.html

Most people put stickers over the visor stickers, trying to remove them leaves a black square.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 12-21-2015, 06:45 AM
tech12
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you recommend adding the turbo heat shield as well if we apply your hood heat shield?

http://www.waymotorworks.com/nm-tita...er.html?&cat=0

Old 12-21-2015, 09:19 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
There's some info on the stickers for the visor in this NAM thread here.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-21-2015, 07:16 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Originally Posted by tech12
Do you recommend adding the turbo heat shield as well if we apply your hood heat shield?

http://www.waymotorworks.com/nm-tita...er.html?&cat=0
You can, but check out our turbo wrap as it goes under the stock heat shield and works even better.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-turbo-heat-shield.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 12-31-2015, 10:09 AM
32 ft. per sec2
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Update on mods performed:

- Installed Way's hood heat shield and turbo wrap. Like a total d-bag I couldn't get the hood version to mount properly because there were no instructions provided and couldn't find any online. So of course I did it wrong but only after I saw a picture of it correctly installed. The turbo wrap was another story becuase I couldn't reach the lower OEM factory heat shield mounting bolts so took it to a repair shop and they got it done. It smells/smokes but am told it goes away. Thank God my wife wasn't around! By the "Hand-O-Meter" all seems much cooler and hard to tell there's anything there beyond the OEM stuff.

- Installed Rennline RS door pulls (red of course) and they're video was very helpful, much better than the written instructions however they missed a couple of small pieces that had to be fabricated. Getting your hand down between the door card and window was a PITA- hopefully you'll have thin friends or coordinated child available. One thing that wasn't apparent but needs fixing by Rennline is the laser finish on the face plates. There's a slight bur on them that snags at the cloth door pulls. I'll smooth them out with small round file but really...

- Installed the Hella 118db horns and haven't had a chance to use them in anger yet. Getting at them is a PITA too, had to pull the headlight off otherwise you go up underneath by taking the lower valence/bumper off. Argh.

- Installed Stubby antenna. I actually didn't f' this up.

- Installed black trim rings on front & rear lights with moderate success. I was stressed with the whole clip thing and after watching a couple of videos figured it'd be OK. The fronts were straightforward but I snapped the internal clips on the chromes when removing. And chipped the paint. I really shouldn't be trusted with anything sharper than a butter knife.

The only thing left are Rennline RS pedal covers but they'll have to wait a few months. And then there are motor mods.... or suspension?