General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More 2014 F56 pictures have been released.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 02:14 PM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, it's official......new mini sales will plummet for 2014. Or they'll be up from yuppy Beemer owners that need a "run-about" with BMW flair inside smdh.....ahh well, I got mine while they were still real lol.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Hmmmm

More 2014 F56 pictures have been released.-forumrunner_20130723_201257.jpg

Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Z06_Pilot
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Braminator
have to say that is an improvement over earlier pix I saw...very square jawed in the front....maybe they are trying to design the "cuteness" out of the x56? The gaping snout and tacked on under grill are not a good look IMO.

The recessed lights bother me too...

thanks for posting this Bram....

Old 07-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
The front overhang is what I really don't like besides the scared guppy look.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That is quite a departure from the previous leaked photos. You sure this one is accurate, Bram ? Where did you get that ?

Looks just as bad but in a square-ish kind of way. Very un-MINI like. That front end is maybe more hideous than the one we saw a few weeks ago. Damn... are they TRYING to make it ugly ?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 PM
tigerhonaker
4th Gear
Guys,

Do we know actually what the new MINI looks like

Or simply what they let us see that might be close to what it really is. ?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
This one came from a Canadian website.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Z06_Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Guys,

Do we know actually what the new MINI looks like

Or simply what they let us see that might be close to what it really is. ?
For sure, but it sure is a lot of fun!!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Time will tell.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:29 PM
esfreerider
2nd Gear
I am very disappointed with the f56 yet not surprised, I should know better then to think that a car maker is above making progressively bigger less attractive cars. I feel like if I owned one of these it would be the same as having a 1975 chevelle yeah its cool to say you have a chevelle until you say 75.

If you don't think thats a issue put a early 80's 7 series bmw next to a new 3 series bmw id be willing to bet the 3 series is bigger.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:34 PM
esfreerider
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by esfreerider
I am very disappointed with the f56 yet not surprised, I should know better then to think that a car maker is above making progressively bigger less attractive cars. I feel like if I owned one of these it would be the same as having a 1975 chevelle yeah its cool to say you have a chevelle until you say 75.

If you don't think thats a issue put a early 80's 7 series bmw next to a new 3 series bmw id be willing to bet the 3 series is bigger.
And as long as I'm ranting about new cars I also don't like that conveniences like A/C and cruise control are no longer options in sports cars if it was up to me I wouldn't have them or a radio and id roll up my own windows those things just slow you down anyways and make the car more expensive.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The front overhang is what I really don't like besides the scared guppy look.
Agreed.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Z06_Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by esfreerider
And as long as I'm ranting about new cars I also don't like that conveniences like A/C and cruise control are no longer options in sports cars if it was up to me I wouldn't have them or a radio and id roll up my own windows those things just slow you down anyways and make the car more expensive.
I agree in principal, and think some of the things they designed out of my track car to save weight make sense(no spare tire, thinner glass all around, no electric tilt/telescopic steering wheel, no power antenna, a coupe design with a trunk, to reduce the amount of rear glass, very light wheels to reduce unsprung weight, etc.

But A/C? When I'm in my car and it's 98 degrees and 90% humidity around here, I must have my A/C, and I don't really want to unbelt, pull the car over, and reach over to the passenger door everytime I want to roll the windows up and down.

if we are talking about a track car only, then sure, but something that must do double duty on the street as well....I have to have a few modern conveniences

Old 07-24-2013, 05:51 AM
VittorioS
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EDIT: Never mind.

Although I will say this, I'm liking the new interior.

Last edited by VittorioS; 07-24-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
There's only 89 days until the 2015 MINI Cooper new design will be unveiled on November 18th!
http://nydn.us/172kBYk

Old 08-20-2013, 05:58 PM
MeBoosta
2nd Gear
There's only 89 days until the 2015 MINI Cooper new design will be unveiled on November 18th!
http://nydn.us/172kBYk
Hope it doesn't end in the same path as the 3 series GT

Old 08-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Raven79
1st Gear
it is my personal view point that this will be a one year or two year design, I've seen other company's do such odd redesigns like the dodge darango had a year that was Just horrible too look at.. then the next year they came back out with a new redesign that looked like a improved version of the original style of that model..

I'm sure when they see the sales fall they'll realize they took a wrong turn. in the mean time I'll just enjoy my car and see if i'm right

Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 PM
mrathburn
2nd Gear
Maybe we need to set up a campaign or something to express our thoughts for the direction of MINI. I think many of you would agree that some of the new concepts (rocketman, concept frankfurt/concept detroit, any newer concepts) Just don't have that same MINI character or attitude that the original or even the modern MINI's have. They take away from its retro, fun personality and make it look like a serious, uncolorful, unattractive, half-spaceship-half-car "thing." I don't think MINI is known for their seriousness or futuristic thinking, but rather their totally unmached, unique charisma and quirky charm. (Which the new concepts completely lack)

It would be nice if the folks at MINI gave our thoughts SOME attention...

Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 PM
KilmerPT
5th Gear
You guys remember this ad from MINI? I guess the fishy look really started with the Countryman. Makes me scared what the next next one will look like too.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Attached Thumbnails More 2014 F56 pictures have been released.-image-3150854218.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Mr. T
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MCS2011PT
You guys remember this ad from MINI? I guess the fishy look really started with the Countryman. Makes me scared what the next next one will look like too.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Mr_Bueno
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Z06_Pilot
have to say that is an improvement over earlier pix I saw...very square jawed in the front....maybe they are trying to design the "cuteness" out of the x56? The gaping snout and tacked on under grill are not a good look IMO.

The recessed lights bother me too...

thanks for posting this Bram....

I agree... That picture looks light years better than the way it looked in some of those earlier Spy photos... It's different, but I think I can get used to it. I still wish they would have a bit more MINI Style to the interior. Too many parts show the BMW influence. Nothing against BMW... I had a Z4 Coupe which is prolly still my favorite car of all that I've ever owned... But if I want a BMW interior, I'll get a BMW... I want a MINI interior on a MINI.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Mr_Bueno
3rd Gear
I understand that MINI is a global car company and is looking to keep sales up and reach more potential buyers. Therefore, I understand the need to offer a bigger car like the Clubman and Countryman... I understand the need to offer AWD like the Countryman and Paceman...

And I understand them offering the Coupe and the roadster... Not everyone could use one, but as a single guy with no kids, I could drive a Coupe' as my only car.

I still wonder why they don't offer a "Cooper Classic"... And by that I mean one that looks like a VERY SLIGHT refreshment of the Rover Mini produced from 1986-2000. I would jump on this in a second... The more verticle chrome grill and windshield... the color line fender flares over the wheels... the smaller wheels.. the round cirlce headlights... the rectangular/verticle rear brake lights and turn signals... the protruding gas cap and the fold down trunk lid.... The angled antenna at the front of the roof just above the windshield... A dash with THE SPEEDOMETER IN THE MIDDLE. etc...

This could easily be produced and offered with the same 3 cyl engine and other components they are looking to use and still offer most of the same options as the current MINI's and all the todays safety features. It COULD AND SHOULD be offered at a lesser starting price than the other models being that it's smaller. (although that means BMW would prolly NEVER consider it) I also think it would be a strong seller especially if it was offered at the lesser price. I think there would be a bigger market for it for people looking for a second commuter car or a weekend fun car... People would consider a Coupe' or Roadster, but both of those start out so much higher than the hatch and by the time you add in some options, it's just too much for a 2nd fun car for many people.

Just my 2 cents... I would love a "MINI Cooper Classic".

Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Eds not-so-red MINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr_Bueno
I understand that MINI is a global car company and is looking to keep sales up and reach more potential buyers. Therefore, I understand the need to offer a bigger car like the Clubman and Countryman... I understand the need to offer AWD like the Countryman and Paceman...

And I understand them offering the Coupe and the roadster... Not everyone could use one, but as a single guy with no kids, I could drive a Coupe' as my only car.

I still wonder why they don't offer a "Cooper Classic"... And by that I mean one that looks like a VERY SLIGHT refreshment of the Rover Mini produced from 1986-2000. I would jump on this in a second... The more verticle chrome grill and windshield... the color line fender flares over the wheels... the smaller wheels.. the round cirlce headlights... the rectangular/verticle rear brake lights and turn signals... the protruding gas cap and the fold down trunk lid.... The angled antenna at the front of the roof just above the windshield... A dash with THE SPEEDOMETER IN THE MIDDLE. etc...

This could easily be produced and offered with the same 3 cyl engine and other components they are looking to use and still offer most of the same options as the current MINI's and all the todays safety features. It COULD AND SHOULD be offered at a lesser starting price than the other models being that it's smaller. (although that means BMW would prolly NEVER consider it) I also think it would be a strong seller especially if it was offered at the lesser price. I think there would be a bigger market for it for people looking for a second commuter car or a weekend fun car... People would consider a Coupe' or Roadster, but both of those start out so much higher than the hatch and by the time you add in some options, it's just too much for a 2nd fun car for many people.

Just my 2 cents... I would love a "MINI Cooper Classic".
I agree with this, being a sentimental old fool myself sometimes. The only problem is, trying to incorporate today's safety standards into that classic shape would probably result in something so big that it just take away most of what we find attractive about it.

But then they pulled it off magnificently with the Fiat 500, so who knows ...