General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waymotorworks doesn´t answer any email, is that the service ?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waymotorworks doesn´t answer any email, is that the service ?

Hi guys,

I really don´t want to bother anybody, but if you buy something at any place you want to receive good service too, right?

Well with this guys of WMW before I placed my order I sent them emails to see if they have the engine mount that I need in stock?, well that was the first contact to the, without luck.

I thought, ok maybe they want to first place the order and then they will answer me, I did it last week but the SAME, no body answer them in any place, here by PM, by their site and also directly by email.

So I don´t know nothing about my order, they don´t answer nothing too.

So I want to ask if the service there is like that? or what is happen ?

Thank you so much and I really hope somebody of WMW now answer me here.

Have a very nice day!!

Mario

Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM
axleR56
3rd Gear
Try giving them a call. I know they are always busy, but their customer service is usually spot on.

Sometimes email traveling between countries (I see that you are in Mexico) can be tricky.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Hi axle,

The problem for me is that I don´t speak very well english and write it for me is a lot easier.

I really don´t know what happen with them because also I sent email by their site and also Private Messages here in the forum too.

That is why I decided to open this thread to see if I have luck here.

Thank you.

Mario

Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Kathy1946
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mariocaz
Hi axle,

The problem for me is that I don´t speak very well english and write it for me is a lot easier.

I really don´t know what happen with them because also I sent email by their site and also Private Messages here in the forum too.

That is why I decided to open this thread to see if I have luck here.

Thank you.

Mario
Mario,
Keep trying. I know someone from there, comes on here occassionally. I tried e-mailing, writing to WMW also, for a problem I was then having with my car and there was never a reply.
Perhaps even open another thread labled "WMW please reply", or something like that.
Good luck

Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Since you list mexico city as your residence, they may not ship to mexico....so they may be spending their time on paying customers. The folks at waymotorworks are great, but they must sell stuff in the US market to make $$ and keep their doors open. Time is limited, and they must respond where they feel they can do the most help..both for the customer, and themselves!
One thing....wmw does not read evey post, they just pop in, try to help out, suggests stuff to help folks, and hope that by showing true knowledge of the products, it will generate leads...so to not have an answer to a post in a thread is not uncommon....
And for e-mail....how many thousandd do you get a day? I get tons , and i do not have advertising or a business! ! And i usually delete most international addresses ...they are usually just scams or spam.
Good luck, but with mail fraud so common, and the paperwork so timeconsuming, international buyers (non-us) have issues....the amount of $$ to be made vs the risk of loss and costs are just too high for most small operations (think 3-4 person operations).

Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
hsautocrosser
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I placed an order online yesterday and received three automated emails acknowledging receipt of the order, acknowledging completion of the order, and acknowledging that the part had shipped. All within a few hours.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Well I really don´t know, also I buy at OM and at Mini Mania, GoBadges, M7, Forge, without any problem at all and my shipping address is at Chula Vista, CA.

they really don´t want to answer me.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Noonzio
5th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 103 Posts
I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Way. After I placed an order with him he even called me to tell me that I'd ordered an incorrect part for my car. Top bloke!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Yes I know that the have excellent customer service, but well any luck with me trying contact them by email, PM or message in the WMW site. =(

Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
I disagree with most of this thread. Just because a potential customer is from Mexico doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the time of day. Maybe he's willing to pay three times the amount of shipping as I would be. As some previous posters were saying they run a business. Aren't they in the money making business? I know they aren't a non-profit organization out there raising money for random MINI owners. It's probably just a simple misunderstanding and hopefully WMW sees this thread and responds. Unlike other forums this forum doesn't have the "tag" feature of alerting a user when someone has tagged you to a thread, so hopefully he/she clicks new posts.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Just because a potential customer is from Mexico doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the time of day. Maybe he's willing to pay three times the amount of shipping as I would be.
Thank you so much for your comments, I apreciatte it a lot my friend. =)

Old 01-30-2013, 02:50 PM
minsanity
6th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey, Way, please respond!
I know they'll take care of you, Mario. Try calling regardless of your lack of verbal fluency. They should be able to check your order.

welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
I've dealt with Waylen for some years now...with both my MINIs. yes, he is lax on responding to emails. He also is pretty lax on instant messages, too. Sometimes you can get him by phone, and sometimes not. But...he WILL get in touch...at least he always has with me.

Bull_Pup
1st Gear
Just found this thread because I was trying to find an alternative way to contact way motor works.

I live in Australia and also havent had any response to my email enquiry... do they not ship to Australia??

Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
I am sure Waylen will ship anywhere he can effectively post. the problem here seems to be his availability online to reply to instant messages and/or emails. I don't know what more to suggest, other than to call him during the daytime in Atlanta.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Last I knew after being ripped off more than a few times he stopped shipping out of USA. Tracking stops once package leaves US Territory and when they pay with paypal or even a credit card, he is not only out the part but the money too....so it's a no brainer.

His email filtering could even be holding back any emails from out of the country as well so he can concentrate on his work, and clientel here.

I have had to contact him on a few occasions and by far, the telephone was the fastest and most informative method.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
True I only live four hours away from Way's shop but he has never failed to respond to a message via email or his website. Having been in his shop several times, several hours at a stretch, I know he is kept very busy. He does not have a big staff. These past couple of weeks, I have been a bit of a pain in his *** scheduling a whole days work this Friday with multiple calls and emails and never once have been ignored. Gray Raven might just be 100% correct on this.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
Last I knew after being ripped off more than a few times he stopped shipping out of USA. Tracking stops once package leaves US Territory and when they pay with paypal or even a credit card, he is not only out the part but the money too....so it's a no brainer.

His email filtering could even be holding back any emails from out of the country as well so he can concentrate on his work, and clientel here.

I have had to contact him on a few occasions and by far, the telephone was the fastest and most informative method.
You are a 100% correct.

We do not do international orders, and this is saving our US customers money as we don't have to raise our prices to offset the losses from that.

I personally receive about 100 actual emails that need attention a day + spam on top of that. I'm not perfect so some emails do get missed and if that is the case I'm pretty easy to be found.

The phone also works to call us we have 2 different numbers available that you can always leave a message on one of the two, one fills faster than the other.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the OPs mailing address is Chula Vista CA, so shipping should not be a problem. Might want to answer his question so that you don't lose a potential customer and order.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 AM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Another positive review here for Way. I would try calling both numbers. I left multiple messages on the first number and never got a call back but called the second number and they answered immediately. Oh and Way replied to my emails almost instantaneously. But that could be because I'm special like that ;p -joking-

Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
Unfortunately for those of us foreign MINI owners, we're screwed as far as getting anything from WMW due to some A-hole trying to scam Way from another country. The CS is pretty good. I went there on vacation and stopped in to get a bunch of parts. I could tell Way was busy, but he gathered all the parts as fast as he could with very little chitchat. Sucks that one person can screw it up for the rest of us overseas.
Originally Posted by 6000pounds
I disagree with most of this thread. Just because a potential customer is from Mexico doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the time of day. Maybe he's willing to pay three times the amount of shipping as I would be. As some previous posters were saying they run a business. Aren't they in the money making business? I know they aren't a non-profit organization out there raising money for random MINI owners. It's probably just a simple misunderstanding and hopefully WMW sees this thread and responds. Unlike other forums this forum doesn't have the "tag" feature of alerting a user when someone has tagged you to a thread, so hopefully he/she clicks new posts.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DVUS CPRS
Unfortunately for those of us foreign MINI owners, we're screwed as far as getting anything from WMW due to some A-hole trying to scam Way from another country. The CS is pretty good. I went there on vacation and stopped in to get a bunch of parts. I could tell Way was busy, but he gathered all the parts as fast as he could with very little chitchat. Sucks that one person can screw it up for the rest of us overseas.
Lol....he must have been busy, or had something on his mind!! He can be a big chatter!! So much so, i have wondered how he has anytime to sell stuff and make $$!
And for the record, my relationship with waymororworks started with a simple internet order, and they CALLED ME to be 100% sure it was really what i wanted, cause there was a different product that was better....i changed my order, and havecbeeb happy with their service, advise and products since!!
Lers face it, a chat about a $200 order is VERY different than a chat for a $2000 order, as are "tire kickers" that never actually buy, or those that will then do a google sesrch, and buy the item from the lowest seller....
Any bussiness owner has limited time sort the buyers, the tire kickers, and the "will never be happy/not worth the effort folks....
not saying anybody falls into any of these groups, but wity limited time, it can be tuff to be noticed....and an e-mail only contact from Mexico, shipping to a 3rd party in CA, who will not pick up the phone...kinda has a few flags.sorry, just call it as i see it!!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
DVUS CPRS
3rd Gear
In a way, I can understand that, but I've learned from working in the car audio retail business, tire kickers can turn into, or already be big spenders just testing the waters of CS. I had a guy come into my shop and he was dressed like a bum construction worker. Had the idea he wasn't gonna spend any money and only wanted a cd player. He ended up buying a whole $4000 system for his already tricked out VW Vento. Never judge the book by it's cover, or the country they're from. I have about $5000 worth of stuff in my wish list at WMW and had half to purchase the first group of items, but because of the loss of international shipping, other vendors will have to be used for most of it. Just not worth the trouble of having to go to my bank, get a managers check or bank draft or whatever they were asking for, when I can just go online and use my CC. IJS.
Originally Posted by ZippyNH
Lol....he must have been busy, or had something on his mind!! He can be a big chatter!! So much so, i have wondered how he has anytime to sell stuff and make $$!
And for the record, my relationship with waymororworks started with a simple internet order, and they CALLED ME to be 100% sure it was really what i wanted, cause there was a different product that was better....i changed my order, and havecbeeb happy with their service, advise and products since!!
Lers face it, a chat about a $200 order is VERY different than a chat for a $2000 order, as are "tire kickers" that never actually buy, or those that will then do a google sesrch, and buy the item from the lowest seller....
Any bussiness owner has limited time sort the buyers, the tire kickers, and the "will never be happy/not worth the effort folks....
not saying anybody falls into any of these groups, but wity limited time, it can be tuff to be noticed....and an e-mail only contact from Mexico, shipping to a 3rd party in CA, who will not pick up the phone...kinda has a few flags.sorry, just call it as i see it!!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Hopefully it will work out for ya!! Maybe i do not understand Mexico, but why does a mexican retailr buy at us retail, then sell it for us funds on a mexican site?
I admire the fact you are selling mini stuff, and trying to make a few $$ at it, but as a business model, it just seems odd.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM
mariocaz
Banned
Zippy the software of the site it shows in US dls. because I need to have at the currencies Us Dolars and Mexican pesos and the principal is the US dolars, because here the dolar exchanges changes here almost daily or very often I need to have it like that, but in then top of the right corner you could see the currencies and switch very easily from dolars to pesos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Waymotorworks doesn´t answer any email, is that the service ?