General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The OFFICIAL Midnight Black Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:40 AM
lilliux
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The OFFICIAL Midnight Black Owners Club

Alrighty, so I have the honor of starting one of the new color threads. If you own, are interested in, or just like the new Midnight Black color this is the place for you.

It doesn't matter if you own an R55, 56, or 57 please post photos of your Midnight Black baby here and represent. When I get time, I will be working on badges for the signature lines, please be patient with me.

In the mean time, there is frapper map that Midnight black owners can join to see where we are all located:

http://platial.com/mapv/Midnight+Black+Registry/557196#

Here are some pics to start off with

Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 AM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
Looks Great! I am considering MB for my new MCS - is it as true a black as it looks in the photos, or can you see the metallic in it? My wife has a new CR MCS, so I thought I'd get my own.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
gjhsu
5th Gear
I have not seen Midnight Black in person yet, but is it a real black? I know that was one of the big complaints about Astro Black.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:06 PM
lilliux
3rd Gear
It really does appear to be a true black, you have to get really close or under florescent lights to see the metallic. And when I say close I mean like 6 inches away. At all times she has looked black to me The metallic flakes are black and silver though. I never saw the color before I ordered and have been overly thrilled with it. Especially when compared to what they last called "black."

Although, I love my new car

Old 12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
ErebusJCW
2nd Gear
Looks great!! this just makes waiting for my Midnight Black JCW Hardtop even harder

Old 12-15-2008, 04:07 PM
RoadTrip2
3rd Gear
lilliux - Thanks for the MB description. Sounds like a true black and I'd be happy with it. I have seen some Black Metallic colors that look more like Dark Dark Gray Metallic with a lot of metallic flakes showing - nice but I prefer true black look. I can't wait to see MB first-hand!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Dan9874123
2nd Gear
sexy, and the car's nice too

Last edited by Dan9874123; 12-18-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:28 PM
SaltNPepa
4th Gear
looks great

Old 12-19-2008, 11:39 AM
lilliux
3rd Gear
Thanks for all the nice complements. In the mean time, I have been doing some mods. So far I have done: black grill surrounds, black c-pillars, euro arm-rest, carbon-fiber hood scoop, blacked-out belt line, JCW side scuttles, shorty antenna, and tinted the side reflectors. I also got some more photos of the delivery from my MA. So here is some more Midnight Black goodness.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the techs just pulled a MB/MB MCS in for a PDI...very, very nice! Like lilliux posted, you have to get really close to see the metallic in there. Can't wait to see a de-chromed one.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:08 AM
kewlby
3rd Gear
Ordered!!

I'm joining the Midnight Club!!

Ordered yesterday. Hopefully it will be in the first production week of 2009. Now I'm shopping for mods. First up will be either a sport stripe or a flame on the bonnet.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:11 PM
lilliux
3rd Gear
Congratulations!!! You'll love it, I had all sorts of parts waiting on mine before she even got here. Its addicting and a lot of fun. "Cerridwen" and I can't wait for others to join us. I'll keep a list of the MB owners and am almost done on the badges for the sig lines.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:51 AM
OldLoad
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice; is the additional driver a "special option?"

Old 12-21-2008, 12:37 PM
lilliux
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OldLoad
Very nice; is the additional driver a "special option?"
Very "special." I heard its the source of the mysterious squeaking that comes from the back of MINIs sometimes Any word on yours yet? Maybe you should PM David_in_Germany to find out exactly how he tracked down his. And worse case scenario do a stalker run by the MINI factory, your close enough If I was still in Harrogate I would so totally join you. Good luck

Old 12-23-2008, 02:17 PM
minicoopermike
6th Gear
Beautiful car, lilliux! No silver roof, though?

Old 12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, the question I have is simple. If I trade my current Cooper in for a Clubman, it will have to be Midnight black, or course. Is there an option to have the rear trim replaced with black, or do the MBs only have the silver option? An all black clubman would be right up my alley. It's like a MINI Hearse !!!

Old 12-23-2008, 07:41 PM
lilliux
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Fatherdeth
Okay, the question I have is simple. If I trade my current Cooper in for a Clubman, it will have to be Midnight black, or course. Is there an option to have the rear trim replaced with black, or do the MBs only have the silver option? An all black clubman would be right up my alley. It's like a MINI Hearse !!!

There is an option for black c-pillars, if you do it yourself. That's what I did, I'm just waiting for my next paycheck to do the bumper bit. You can order stock black c-pillars from the dealer or pelican auto, installation takes like 5 mins for each piece and a torx screwdriver. Now all I need to do is get my vinyl installation class so I can vinyl wrap the rest of my chrome myself By the way the gloss black stock c-pillars match really well w/ the MB, it looks like it was made that way.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:27 AM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lilliux
There is an option for black c-pillars, if you do it yourself. That's what I did, I'm just waiting for my next paycheck to do the bumper bit. You can order stock black c-pillars from the dealer or pelican auto, installation takes like 5 mins for each piece and a torx screwdriver. Now all I need to do is get my vinyl installation class so I can vinyl wrap the rest of my chrome myself By the way the gloss black stock c-pillars match really well w/ the MB, it looks like it was made that way.
Well thank you, this could be an option for me. I still have a couple of months to decide. Thanks again.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:34 AM
lilliux
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Fatherdeth
Well thank you, this could be an option for me. I still have a couple of months to decide. Thanks again.
NP, any questions about the clubbie bit just ask. I thought about naming Cerridwen, Lilith, but then I saw yours and couldn't do that. I just knew she needed to be named after a dark goddess Although, we are fans of your little one Cerridwen rocked going 131 mph on the autobahn this morning....

Happy Winter Solstice, Happy New Year to all of you and your MINIs!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lilliux
NP, any questions about the clubbie bit just ask. I thought about naming Cerridwen, Lilith, but then I saw yours and couldn't do that. I just knew she needed to be named after a dark goddess Although, we are fans of your little one Cerridwen rocked going 131 mph on the autobahn this morning....

Happy Winter Solstice, Happy New Year to all of you and your MINIs!

Oh, you could have named her Lilith. That wouldn't have bothered me. Where are you at in Germany? I'm at Stuttgart right now until mid Feb.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:53 AM
lilliux
3rd Gear
LMAO!!! I live half way between Manheim and Darmstadt, but I work in Wiesbaden. I worked temporarily in Stuttgart in April of this year, I'm only like 1 1/2 hour'ish away. Maybe we should get a run together with other Mini drivers in Germany before you leave. We could call it a dark diety run PM me.

Last edited by lilliux; 12-24-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 AM
ENGINE 58
5th Gear
131 on the bahn i hate you .i want these roads here damn it.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ENGINE 58
131 on the bahn i hate you .i want these roads here damn it.
You and me both. I think I'll just have to move there with my MCS - I highly doubt we'd ever get anything like the German autobahn here in the US.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:10 PM
kewlby
3rd Gear
To lilliux and other who have their midnight black MINIs...

I haven't seen the new color in person (even though I ordered it), but I'm wondering if the new midnight black is similar or the same as the current black that comes with the MINIs that have black tops? That's almost a glossy black.

Mine should arrive the third week of February.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
lilliux
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kewlby
To lilliux and other who have their midnight black MINIs...

I haven't seen the new color in person (even though I ordered it), but I'm wondering if the new midnight black is similar or the same as the current black that comes with the MINIs that have black tops? That's almost a glossy black.

Mine should arrive the third week of February.
Yes, the black does match the gloss black that MINI offers, u can't tell the difference. The pillars on mine are the gloss black option that comes w/ all other clubmans except the MB. Hope thiss helps. Good luck on delivery of your baby and keep us posted

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Midnight Black Owners Club