General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MA Transferred - Didn't Bother To Tell Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA Transferred - Didn't Bother To Tell Me

I picked up my new MCS on 9/7.

Today I called the dealer since I have not received my license plate in the mail, and my temp plate expires in a couple days.

Well when I called I was blown away when they told me my MA had transferred to another state.

I just bought the car a little over a week ago. You would think they would of mentioned that they were transferring out of state. It's not something you usually just do on the whim.

I'm a little ticked off at this, maybe I'm just over-reacting.

I wonder if they even told the people that are expecting their cars to come in soon.

Last edited by MPIIIMan; 09-19-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Dan00Hawk
5th Gear
If you were dating your MA and they moved without telling you, then yes you should be upset. However, if my car salesperson, er "MA", was relocating and called to tell me, I'd probably think she was trying to trick me into helping her move her heavy furniture...

I'm sure someone else is capable of filling your MA's role, and someone at the dealer can track down your plates or reissue another temp tag if necessary. Meanwhile, enjoy your new Mini that you've had less than two weeks, and don't get stressed about mini-issues.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
I wouldn't be too upset if I were you. The temporary tags are really the only remaining connection you have with the sales department anyway. Once the MINI goes out their door, you need to start forming a relationship with your SA (Service Advisor) instead.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
At our dealership, the finance guy (you know, the one who sold you - TRIED TO sell you -warranties for 10K ) who had you sign gobs of paperwork is the liaison between the dealer and the state. Your MA probably had nothing to do with that end of it.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure that he'll be saddened that you miss him.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:01 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Edge
I wouldn't be too upset if I were you. The temporary tags are really the only remaining connection you have with the sales department anyway. Once the MINI goes out their door, you need to start forming a relationship with your SA (Service Advisor) instead.
Unless you're me and needy. :-)

Old 09-20-2007, 03:30 AM
Paul!
6th Gear
Originally Posted by krut

I couldn't imagine what you'd do without Scott!

(Still mad that you impersonated him though over the phone! Hmph! )

-Paul!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:01 AM
Krut
6th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Point being if you are the type that goes through MINIs (me) with a high rate of abandonment (trade-in) or defects (buy-back) then your sales team is very important. :-)

Originally Posted by Paul!

I couldn't imagine what you'd do without Scott!

(Still mad that you impersonated him though over the phone! Hmph! )

-Paul!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:42 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which is impossible if your dealer happens to be MoS. They change personnel every other week and NEVER EVER return e-mails. IF MoS is the typical MINI dealership, the message is clear..... "You got your MINI, now go away...."

Old 09-20-2007, 05:48 AM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm over it now. As Edge said time to form a bond with my SA.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:50 AM
kevingomotor
1st Gear
MPIIIMan... your sig says Motor City Mad Man... are you from the Detroit area? And did your MA happen to be Adrian from Motor City MINI? I haven't taken delivery yet (should be 1st week Oct), but she was my MA until she told me a couple weeks ago that she was moving out of state since she just recently got married. I'm probably more nervous than you though because she told me my new MA would be in contact with me shortly, but I haven't heard anything yet!!! And that was like I said a week or two ago... makes me REALLY nervous not having taken delivery or signed any papers yet

Old 09-20-2007, 06:32 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MPIIIMan
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm over it now. As Edge said time to form a bond with my SA.
I keep waiting to form that bond, but alas I have had no problems.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:20 AM
MPIIIMan
2nd Gear
kevingomotor, yes Adrian was my MA.

She wasn't that great either, couldn't tell me any details like other people's MA's have about the journey of their vehicle, ie (what boat it was on, etc.)

So here's to hoping your new MA will be able to assist you better.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:25 AM
kevingomotor
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MPIIIMan
kevingomotor, yes Adrian was my MA.

She wasn't that great either, couldn't tell me any details like other people's MA's have about the journey of their vehicle, ie (what boat it was on, etc.)

So here's to hoping your new MA will be able to assist you better.
Yeah, I noticed mostly that every time she said she'd contact me she never did, I always had to pursue the conversation. At first I thought great this is kind of a damper on the experience, but in the end the car is what it's all about so I'm keeping that in mind. I hope your new MA will work well with you too, and here's to hoping we get to find out who that is soon!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:28 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
My first MA moved on (in '03) to sell BMWs within weeks of my MINI's delivery. My second MA ('07) quit altogether!!! Got a better gig I suppose. Fortunately she left my tags on her desk, but I saw her early that morning and she said nothing!! I must say, the other MAs at my dealership have been there for a surprisingly long time.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Point being if you are the type that goes through MINIs (me) with a high rate of abandonment (trade-in) or defects (buy-back) then your sales team is very important. :-)
OK, you're a special case, Mr. "I've owned 7 MINIs"
Originally Posted by LynnEl
Which is impossible if your dealer happens to be MoS. They change personnel every other week and NEVER EVER return e-mails. IF MoS is the typical MINI dealership, the message is clear..... "You got your MINI, now go away...."
I agree that MoS is terrible on email returns (I don't bother to email them now), but I disagree with the turnaround. I'm averaging one new SA a year now, not great but not terrible.

The latest one though, Mike Creason, has been out a LOT this year because he has had chronic back problems (including necessary surgery). He's a very hard worker though that has gained a lot of respect there, which is why I think they are still keeping his desk waiting for him when he recovers. He's come back for short stints during the summer, only to have to go on leave again when his back acts up.

A shame - he's a great guy, best SA I've had so far. I hope his situation stabilizes soon.

As for the MAs, they haven't changed very often - most of the same faces are still there.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Mini_Voyager
Motorholic
Originally Posted by LynnEl
By "MoS", do you mean MINI of Sterling (VA)? If so, my MA, was ok about staying in touch via email for the first week or so (I only sent him 2 or 3 emails in that period). But for the last week or so, I haven't been able to get an email response from my MA. So I'm going to have to go visit him over the weekend, or even call him.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM
rockridge
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have always found that once they have been paid, it's please see the Service Mgr.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:50 AM
JohnBLZ
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
My first MA moved on (in '03) to sell BMWs within weeks of my MINI's delivery. My second MA ('07) quit altogether!!! Got a better gig I suppose. Fortunately she left my tags on her desk, but I saw her early that morning and she said nothing!! I must say, the other MAs at my dealership have been there for a surprisingly long time.

I've always been curious as to approximately how much they make. It definitely looks like a fun job.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:18 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My MA has moved on to Saturn , but he emailed me to let me know. I already had my MINI, so he was just being polite.

On the SA side... We had 2 at MoTW, and one got pregnant (the female one ). She came back from maternity leave on a Monday--the first working day AFTER the other one left! Sorta hard to explain service bulletins when she hadn't been following them at all!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The MA that took my order was not the one who helped me when my MCS arrived. At MINI of Mountian View their sales bonuses are pooled. So, one is as willing to help you as another. Haven't had much contact with any MA since pickup. It is just the SA and parts people I talk to.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
irieman
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...Once the MINI goes out their door, you need to start forming a relationship with your SA (Service Advisor) instead.
I can sympathize with the difficulties of having your SA move on you, especially when the old one was a fellow enthusiast and the new one is a bean counter.

My prior SA used to greet me personally at every visit. We would talk about twisties and mods and everything he didn't like about the MINI "corporate office" as he apologetically gouged my wallet.

Been to the to the dealer twice since the change and I haven't met my new SA yet. So I'm not being slanderous, just cynical. Right?