F60 :: Countryman Talk (2016-2023) F60 Countryman discussion

F60 Floormats: Weathertech vs MINI OEM vs ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 12:47 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floormats: Weathertech vs MINI OEM vs ???

New Countryman SE, and I need to get floor mats/liners before winter weather arrives in a Colorado. I’ve always used weathertech floor liners, but they are pretty expensive and they say that they don’t have liners for the rear on the SE (Hybrid).

What do do you use? Any strong recommendations?

Old 12-03-2017, 04:16 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
I have both.
Weather Tech 100% hands down.
The OEM rubbers don't have half the protection. I can't remember how much more the Weathertechs are but it's not terrible and it's well worth it. I bought the OEM's first and then the Weathertechs because I know the OEM's won't cut it. I only bought the fronts - rears I'm using OEM rubber - the rear doesn't get as much traffic.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:33 PM
SPF ZERO
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I’ve been planning on weathertech, but wanted validation that I wasn’t just going by name. I’ve always had weather tech liners in the past...

Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 AM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Originally Posted by SPF ZERO
Thanks. I’ve been planning on weathertech, but wanted validation that I wasn’t just going by name. I’ve always had weather tech liners in the past...
There's a reason why you've always used them in the past
They are still the best out there and easily the best bang for buck investment upgrade out there that works to protect the car. Nothing worst than hardened/caked on salt the the floor - that stuff never comes up.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:11 AM
I'mMelting
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFunk
I have both.
Weather Tech 100% hands down.
The OEM rubbers don't have half the protection. I can't remember how much more the Weathertechs are but it's not terrible and it's well worth it. I bought the OEM's first and then the Weathertechs because I know the OEM's won't cut it. I only bought the fronts - rears I'm using OEM rubber - the rear doesn't get as much traffic.
+1 to MrFunk’s comment. No question.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:20 AM
TheOriginalKonky
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm the small percentage that hates Weathertech. I spent over $250 for my old 3-row seating Explorer sport and they were the worst. The front drivers side, the little notch where it clicks into place never stayed in place and just constantly moved around. The passenger side was fine. The 2nd row was horrendous! It was a 1-piece that went across the drive-train hump and never stayed in place. the sides got bent and pushed around from getting in and out that made me regret buying them. The 3rd row was the only thing perfect since we never used it!. Never will buy them again.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
I'm the small percentage that hates Weathertech. I spent over $250 for my old 3-row seating Explorer sport and they were the worst. The front drivers side, the little notch where it clicks into place never stayed in place and just constantly moved around. The passenger side was fine. The 2nd row was horrendous! It was a 1-piece that went across the drive-train hump and never stayed in place. the sides got bent and pushed around from getting in and out that made me regret buying them. The 3rd row was the only thing perfect since we never used it!. Never will buy them again.
They did an excellent job on the F60 -- all sites. It's like they tried harder on it.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:53 PM
MrFunk
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheOriginalKonky
I will say that fit and finish (FF) has gotten MUCH better over the last few years. The set I bought for my wife's CM are a better FF than the OEM rubber mats.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:13 AM
TheJuice
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How does their trunk/boot mat compare to OEM? (I'm assuming they have 1)

Thanks

Old 12-08-2017, 05:10 AM
darex
5th Gear
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TheJuice
How does their trunk/boot mat compare to OEM? (I'm assuming they have 1)

Thanks
OEM doesn't stay put. It slides around, apparently. WT does not, but needs to be modified due to the cargo net on the left.

See the earlier thread for a detailed discussion.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:28 PM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Received 143 Likes on 110 Posts
The Weathertech cargo mat is spot on. As for the cargo net on the side, I just removed it. I just unclipped it and pulled it out, I'd rather do that than cut up my weathertech mat. As for the back seat one, it fits perfectly. I've always purchased these for all my vehicles and it seems the ones for the CM are the best I've ever come across.