F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Road Map North America NEXT 2017-1

Old 11-29-2016, 09:40 AM
kevinminict
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Map North America NEXT 2017-1

Anyone use MiniNaviPro.com to downlaod updates to your maps?

Old 11-29-2016, 04:49 PM
Kristopher Sullivan
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I used them. Send money via PayPal and he will email you the copy with the code. He needs your last 5 vin etc. It takes awhile to install you'll need to go for a nice drive or idle for awhile. Make sure that USB is formatted correctly. I had a few issues then it finally went. It's legit.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:18 AM
kevinminict
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kristopher Sullivan
Yeah I used them. Send money via PayPal and he will email you the copy with the code. He needs your last 5 vin etc. It takes awhile to install you'll need to go for a nice drive or idle for awhile. Make sure that USB is formatted correctly. I had a few issues then it finally went. It's legit.

DONT USE THEM... I sent them money via PAYPAL, haven't received download and all emails sent are being returned to me.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:23 AM
Kristopher Sullivan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kevinminict
DONT USE THEM... I sent them money via PAYPAL, haven't received download and all emails sent are being returned to me.
I got 30 emails going back and fourth. This was spring although maybe summer. It's at GMAIL. I contacted them first before I paid. He just sent an email out not to long ago about a new map update. But yeah I know he's a 1 man show or similar. No way to get that unless somebody has access on the inside. As others have said it did work. But I'd try to contact him first maybe he dosent work there anymore lol.

*READ - I DO NOT WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE IF THEY ARE NO LONGER PROVIDING THE UPDATES*

Just found the last email. Yeah it was May 27th. CONTACT HIM FIRST. But I did do it around Spring. 2016-1 and yes it worked. You can save it to USB keep the code and reinstall if you have an issue.

Hello. For those of you that appreciate having the latest Navigation Map in your BMW / Mini I am happy to announce that BMW Road Map North America MOVE 2016-2 was just released.

If you would like to update your map to the latest version, the Map update process is the same as last time.

If you want to proceed, I just need you to confirm the car's short VIN (last 7) and payment.

The cost is $50.00 USD per VIN, payable via ​PayPal to this same email address, "MiniNavPro@gmail.com" (preferably ​made ​as "Send money to friends and family​" and not "Pay for goods or services").

Upon receipt of Payment, we will send you the required Map FSC Enabling Code, the appropriate Map Download Links, and Instructions for the simple Map self update process.

Last edited by Kristopher Sullivan; 11-30-2016 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:59 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinminict
mininavpro@gmail.com is the address I used. I sent funds and got the FSC & download link for Road Map North America ROUTE 2017-1 the same day on October 9th. Install went without a hitch and my car didn't even request that I enter the FSC code. (No idea why not, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.)

Can you ask PayPal to reverse the transaction?

Old 12-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Kristopher Sullivan
1st Gear
Good to know he's still there. I'll reach out to him down the road. Updating yearly isn't needed unless there were major changes on a route you take. PayPal I de with a lot. Many Charge backs as I'm a reseller. Everyone wants **** for free. Hahahahaha. Lots of scammers too. Depends on how you sent the funds. Make sure you got the email right. I don't want to loose this guy if he's still providing the service. It's $400 from the damn stealer. Worked for me, for short. But yes u should be able to charge back via PayPal if it fails then you can charge back via the financial institution that supplied payment to PayPal or back up. It's what PayPal will call double jeopardy. Please please though make sure you got his address correct. Secondly no gurantee you'll win. Sending money to friends and family is free. PayPal charges a fee for invoices but also backs u up.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:11 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by Kristopher Sullivan
Good to know he's still there. I'll reach out to him down the road.
Looks like he's gone. I just tried emailing him now and it bounced:

Code:
Recipient address: mininavpro@gmail.com
 Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
 Diagnostic code: smtp;550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach
 does not exist. Please try the recipient's email address for typos or spaces.
 Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser
 n36si3850462qtc.244 - 
 Remote system: dns;gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
 (TCP|17.164.72.58|40233|173.194.66.27|25) (mx.google.com ESMTP n36si3850462qtc.244 - gsmtp)
OP, time to get PayPal involved to get your money back.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Kristopher Sullivan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bratling
Looks like he's gone. I just tried emailing him now and it bounced:

Code:
Recipient address: mininavpro@gmail.com
 Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
 Diagnostic code: smtp;550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach
 does not exist. Please try the recipient's email address for typos or spaces.
 Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser
 n36si3850462qtc.244 - 
 Remote system: dns;gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
 (TCP|17.164.72.58|40233|173.194.66.27|25) (mx.google.com ESMTP n36si3850462qtc.244 - gsmtp)
OP, time to get PayPal involved to get your money back.

Yup. If that's the case. Try to get your money back via PayPal. If they say no. Find transaction you used to fund paypal from bank and charge back on it. No gurantee. Depending how you did it but its not much money. So you might be alright.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
I used a vendor on ebay selling these FSC codes for cheaper than this guy. They give you links to download the nav files and the FSC code pretty quickly. something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-One-Tim...9WalNQ&vxp=mtr

Old 12-08-2016, 10:30 AM
Kristopher Sullivan
1st Gear
Good to know! Yeah there isn't much to it. The FSC code is needed to unlock the update once you insert the USB in your car. The install files are all pretty basic it just takes some time to copy. I think about 1 hour. The trick is the car needs to be running. They'll send you instructions so you don't drain the battery, I left mine on my 3AMP charger as I didn't feel like driving around. This is what the USB in your glove box is for. Installation and configuration on your radio for Navi etc. They will need your VIN although to generate the appropriate FSC code through BMW. Also save the files and code. That code only works for one update as it changes with each update. But if you ever need to reinstall the existing map update again it will work. Good to have for a back up. There is a Hard Drive in your car. Size and specs I'm not sure of but it's obviously robust as the car is cold and hot and moving. The file is about 12 Gigabytes and you will be copying at less than 50 Megabytes per second. Take your time as this is very much like a computer and one wrong step you will be scratching your head. As far as messing it up. Impossible. BMW designed it so they could give you a USB and Code and say drive for awhile, have a nice day! If anything should go wrong or fail you can always restart or reinstall. The old map will stay in place.

Some dealers will actually do it for you and watch the progress bar move to make sure it takes. They will usually charge a lot for the update and labor since it does take some time. But it's really no more than plugging it in and entering the code and waiting. As far as the files are considered it's like a spreadsheet of POI and config files etc. Again very bland. Map updates like on a garmin. There really isn't much of an install process it's more like copy and paste and replace. So as I said before it's doubtful you could permanently mess anything up.

I would only update yearly or once every few years. Unless something major changes on a route you would normally take. It is worth doing for those of you who have an old map. Especially if you go to resell the vehicle. Not many people get a done due to the high cost at the dealer and may be something a buyer wants or is happy about. For no more than $50 I always considered it worth it.

Older Minis used DVDs. Good luck!!! The DVD is harder to come by. The installation files are easy. It's just getting the code since it's Map Updates and Vin Specific. Odds are anybody that gets you a code works or has access to BMW.

Last edited by Kristopher Sullivan; 12-08-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:22 AM
wearlaz
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3lusive
I used a vendor on ebay selling these FSC codes for cheaper than this guy. They give you links to download the nav files and the FSC code pretty quickly. something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-One-Tim...9WalNQ&vxp=mtr
I saw where this ebay seller also has an unlimited number of upgrades option for only $29.95 as well. Further, the reviews of other buyers is very good.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:06 AM
mini mainer
1st Gear
Originally Posted by wearlaz
I saw where this ebay seller also has an unlimited number of upgrades option for only $29.95 as well. Further, the reviews of other buyers is very good.
Unfortunately, this link is no longer working!
Searches on Ebay return no results.
Guess I stick with my current map!

Old 07-08-2017, 08:40 AM
spotted
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mini mainer
Unfortunately, this link is no longer working!
Searches on Ebay return no results.
Guess I stick with my current map!
Email this guy bmwnavcodes@gmail.com . Got my last two updates from him. The most recent update I got was 2017-2 back on Feb 8th.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:54 AM
SFMCS
4th Gear
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
Haven't updated my nav map on my 15 MCS so I decided it was time. Found Bimmer America LLC and emailed my VIN on a Saturday. They couldn't find it and after 3 emails they did. It was the NEXT system. The update was $65 download 4 hrs.+) or $75 thumb drive via Priority Mail with return prepaid envelope. Got it the next Wednesday and uploaded in 40 minutes. Works great so far. No problems-good service.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Marc Perez
North America Evo

Can someone message me the link for North America evo maps

Search this Thread