F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:35 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.

My 2015 F55 S arrived today and I needless to say I am ecstatic. Also, I am happy to report that the Satellite Grey interior (4C0) perfectly matches the default headliner (there had been some doubt as earlier (2nd gen?) headliners were more tan and less grey). The leather seats (T9GK) also match very well for a different material - basically perfect when overcast or under artificial light but shading a little more grey in direct sunlight.

As for the dash surface...I'm OK with the black check that comes with the S but may try to swap out the three pieces for dark silver (or fiber alloy). I'm glad I didn't order the dark silver (or fiber alloy) because it changes the door bezel to silver - which I think looks less good than the black bezel w/the black armrest against the Satellite Grey door (the black/black forms a nice swoopy curve). That said, I think going with the dark silver or fiber alloy is a reasonable option if you also choose the Satellite Grey color line (which also turns the armrest grey).

All in all I heartily recommend 'going grey' inside the Cooper - it looks really, really sharp. And it should be a good bit cooler in summer...especially under a white roof!

Attached Thumbnails Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-img_4090-copy.jpg   Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-img_4091-copy.jpg   Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-img_4092-copy.jpg  
Old 05-28-2015, 02:04 PM
jtca
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Congratulations! The Satellite Grey interior combination looks amazing! I really like it. I considered Satellite Grey door panel, but didn't want to spend $1,750 for the leather lounge seats. With black seats it just didn't look quite right, so I went with the standard black door panel but with dark silver dash and door bezel.

The black checkered dash looks nice as is. If you are to swap them out, I think the fiber alloy will compliment the Satellite Grey much better than dark silver. The ambient lighting on doors looks just right amount. Adding light tube under the door bezel would have been too busy, IMHO.

Enjoy your new ride! Looking forward to more pictures in the picture thread.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting, looks great! I ordered an F56 with satellite gray leather interior and the white door panels as well so it's great to hear some feedback.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
So many copycats!

It's beautiful. I also ordered the 'light' interior and went with satellite grey seats, doors, plus the MINI Yours white dash/color line. I'll share those pictures when it arrives, hopefully next week!

Old 05-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Richard M Nixon
So many copycats!

It's beautiful. I also ordered the 'light' interior and went with satellite grey seats, doors, plus the MINI Yours white dash/color line. I'll share those pictures when it arrives, hopefully next week!
Ha! It's a popular choice. I did all of that except I went with the MINI Yours dark cottonwood dash. Definitely post pictured when you get it home Richard.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:53 PM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet1
Ha! It's a popular choice. I did all of that except I went with the MINI Yours dark cottonwood dash. Definitely post pictured when you get it home Richard.
I didn't realize until afterwards that the dark cottonwood could come with real wood and I think the metallic one had real metal. I think the white is just white plastic, which sucks. Love that the Yours interiors all do special coloring on the air vents and shifter, just to be special.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:59 PM
MINIAC
6th Gear
Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
I wonder how long the Satellite Grey Door Panels will be available as an option.

If history is any indication ... not too long

1st Gen Magnesium Grey (option code 476) deleted 09/2003

2nd Gen Gotham Grey (option code 4A5) deleted 07/2008

Old 05-28-2015, 10:08 PM
MINIMAN1411
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was ordering my Blazing Red Cooper S with the Cloth Double Stipe interior I was originally going to option the Satellite Grey door panels, especially living in FL, however I went against it and now regret it seeing how it looks.

@ Richard M Nixon, when you order the MINI Yours interior are the shifter and vents really different, I have the cottonwood, but always wondered what made my shifter and vents gloss black compared to the other F56's I drove, I guess now I know! Lol

@MINIAC, speaking of the past grey MINI interiors, I'm actually in the process of converting my Clubman's Carbon Black interior to Gotham Grey (and Mellow Yellow!), it's quite hard to find parts though, but it's definitely worth it, the interior is so much airier and brighter. All the grey MINI interiors have been really nice and when the warranty on my F56 runs out, I think I'll convert it to Satellite Grey, let's see how long Satellite Grey is around for!

Old 05-29-2015, 03:21 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
I think the white is just white plastic, which sucks...
I'm pretty sure that the three pieces that comprise the 'dash surface' are actually a very nice textured material and not 'just' white plastic at all. And if it is any consolation, I think the white pieces that surround the lower center dash console that you get (and no one else does) make the satellite grey color line look better. I don't like how it normally just kind of floats in space above the black...but the white pieces bring it to 'ground' nicely.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:30 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
MINI Yours leather steering wheel

Oh...and I should have mentioned that the MINI Yours leather steering wheel (2XB) with the grey leather stitching looks and feels great. It (or the JCW wheel w/red) is necessary to get the paddle shifters. I wish the gear shift changed from red stitching to grey stitching when you ordered 2XB instead of 2XC...but you can't have everything.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:56 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Congrats on the delivery! I'm glad to see the Satellite gray matches the headliner very well, it looks about perfect in the picture.

I'd love to see a good picture of the MINI Yours steering wheel and its stitching along with the door panels and headliner. Sounds classy.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:08 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ryephile
Congrats on the delivery!...I'd love to see a good picture of the MINI Yours steering wheel and its stitching along with the door panels and headliner.
Thank you...and here you go...

Attached Thumbnails Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-img_4096-copy.jpg   Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-img_4099-copy.jpg  
Old 05-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Yea that steering wheel looks awesome. Thanks.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
So jealous of that steering wheel. My dealer had no idea what it was when I asked, they just offered the jcw wheel.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Nuke-em
3rd Gear
Get it while you can; Satellite Grey is being discontinued for 2016

Old 06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Nuke-em
Get it while you can; Satellite Grey is being discontinued for 2016
Shadow grey is going away and that's just the color line. Satellite Grey will still be an option for the color line.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Nuke-em
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by siriuszero
Shadow grey is going away and that's just the color line. Satellite Grey will still be an option for the color line.
Right, but the Satellite Grey seats are out. From Motoringfile:
Here’s what else is out:
  • Satellite gray/truffle cloth/leather seats,
  • Interior surface dark silver & firework, color line shadow gray,

Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
That is the seat with the Satellite grey center and the pattern on the sides. The full satellite seats aren't going away.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:50 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by BoCRon
That is the seat with the Satellite grey center and the pattern on the sides. The full satellite seats aren't going away.
Right. The plain satellite grey seats are staying. The only seat option that got cut was the satellite grey/truffle/ plaid seats.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:27 PM
DarrenK
1st Gear
This thread pretty much sold me on the satellite grey interior color and I was also looking at adding the dash color line trim too. I was planning to go for the diamond cloth/leather but as confirmed above, it's no longer available.

When I started building a new '16 with the dealer however, the anthracite headliner is mandatory with the satellite grey lounge leather interior. I had the interior color (door cards) selected too. What gives!?

This is MINI Canada. Can anyone confirm if the same applies for the US?

Old 06-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
I went with the sat. grey seats, MINI Yours white interior, and white doors. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-wjuapil.jpg
Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-k3lvhpx.jpg
Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-kynybso.jpg
Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-oyskrxb.jpg
Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-lprstit.jpg
Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-7tbj3n7.jpg
Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.-ft7n2ke.jpg

Old 06-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
I went with the sat. grey seats, MINI Yours white interior, and white doors. I'm pleased with how it turned out.
This looks really nice, Richard! I must have missed pictures of yours if you posted them elsewhere.

I also did a white interior with satellite grey seats. Here are my pics just for comparison's sake:
http://s172.photobucket.com/user/jos...1/library/Mini

Old 06-26-2015, 06:42 AM
carman63
3rd Gear
I love this look, and considered a similar configuration (but with Cottonwood for some contrast). But this is my DD / commuter car, and I just couldn't reconcile light seats for heavy usage (stains, marks, etc).

Old 06-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Nuke-em
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by carman63
I love this look, and considered a similar configuration (but with Cottonwood for some contrast). But this is my DD / commuter car, and I just couldn't reconcile light seats for heavy usage (stains, marks, etc).
I had grey seats in my previous car and they didn't give me any problems. The MINI's satellite grey is much lighter and more susceptible to dirt than I anticipated. That said, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a good leather conditioner works wonders.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:02 AM
carman63
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nuke-em
I had grey seats in my previous car and they didn't give me any problems. The MINI's satellite grey is much lighter and more susceptible to dirt than I anticipated. That said, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a good leather conditioner works wonders.
My wife's R57 has the Polar Beige leather, so I've got some experience with what it takes to keep it looking good And the high-wear areas have had the dye rubbed off, which hasn't happened with any darker color I've had.

BTW be careful with the Magic Eraser. It's essentially the same as using fine sandpaper. Try one on a painted wall, you'll see what I mean. YMMV obviously.

Side note: Folex stain remover, available at Home Depot/Lowes, is a miracle worker for removing stains, especially on fabric/carpet. I've used a similar product sold by Adams polishes with great success, but the Folex is a fraction of the price and does as good a job.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Satellite Grey seats, interior, headliner, etc.