F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Double Stripe Carbon Black Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 09:10 PM
angrybears
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double Stripe Carbon Black Sport Seats

Have any of you seen these seats in the flesh and have any thoughts about them? I've seen the cloth black pearl seats and absolutely loved them. Wondering if the black pearl are much better than than the double stripe seats justifying the 750.00 premium? How dark are they?

As always, thanks for the feedback!

Old 04-29-2014, 05:15 PM
mini-mine
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't seen them in person yet, but someone posted pics in another thread at some point. The only way to get them is with the JCW Interior Package. For $600 and everything you get, it's a steal really. I'm considering them if I get a 2014 as they look like they will work well with a Pepper White/Black.

Attached Thumbnails Double Stripe Carbon Black Sport Seats-jcw-interior-package-front-seats.jpg   Double Stripe Carbon Black Sport Seats-jcw-interior-package-rear-seats.jpg  
Old 04-29-2014, 06:12 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Ordered my 2014 last week with these seats. Haven't seen them live and in-person, but I believe the biggest difference with these is that they are all cloth whereas the others are a cloth/leather (or leatherette) combo.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:42 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
These seats like to disguise themselves as gray when photographed in normal light. So, I took a few pics in my garage with low lighting. I think these pretty accurately capture the color and texture. And they are great seats! One thing I didn't realize was that the racing stripe border is a subtle shade of green... that didn't really get picked up in the pictures.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:56 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Love those seats. They look amazing fx!

Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 PM
becky1711
4th Gear
fxdavis, you did a nice job capturing the black. That's not easy. I wasn't sure what the border was, but kinda wished it had been red like R56 JCW cloth trim. Wonder if they used a lighter, more ambiguous color to go with all the car colors better. I still like 'em a lot!

Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 PM
richreef
3rd Gear
Thanks for the great pix! I have them ordered but haven't seen them in person. More excited now. Can't wait to see how the interior turns out. Were you happy with the JCW interior package? A few guys early on said the package wasn't completely as advertised.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:12 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by richreef
Thanks for the great pix! I have them ordered but haven't seen them in person. More excited now. Can't wait to see how the interior turns out. Were you happy with the JCW interior package? A few guys early on said the package wasn't completely as advertised.
Ah, the infamous JCW Interior Package. The short answer, is yes, I got all things that the build stated (door sills, pedals, steering wheel, shift ****, and anthracite headliner). Now the long answer. When my MA emailed me my build so that I could confirm that they had included everything, the JCW package only had the steering wheel and headliner listed (as many people here have pointed out). So, I emailed him back and asked him about it. He came back and said that he talked to someone and he assured me that all components of the package would be included even though they were not listed. I trusted him, and rightly so, since as I mentioned, I got it all.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:38 PM
richreef
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by becky1711
fxdavis, you did a nice job capturing the black. That's not easy. I wasn't sure what the border was, but kinda wished it had been red like R56 JCW cloth trim. Wonder if they used a lighter, more ambiguous color to go with all the car colors better. I still like 'em a lot!
I agree. I would have preferred a red trim to match the rest of the JCW package. The green is subtle but i think red would have tied the interior together. Red would go with any of the exterior colors.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:41 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by richreef
I agree. I would have preferred a red trim to match the rest of the JCW package. The green is subtle but i think red would have tied the interior together. Red would go with any of the exterior colors.
Yes, I would have expected red also. But the green is barely noticeable. I picked up the car last Thursday, and I don't think I noticed it until Saturday.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:12 PM
becky1711
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fxdavis
Yes, I would have expected red also. But the green is barely noticeable. I picked up the car last Thursday, and I don't think I noticed it until Saturday.
Red would be perfect and seems obvious to go with red stitching on wheel and shift. I think MINI is toying with us.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:30 PM
aafflyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, the infamous JCW Interior Package. The short answer, is yes, I got all things that the build stated (door sills, pedals, steering wheel, shift ****, and anthracite headliner). Now the long answer. When my MA emailed me my build so that I could confirm that they had included everything, the JCW package only had the steering wheel and headliner listed (as many people here have pointed out). So, I emailed him back and asked him about it. He came back and said that he talked to someone and he assured me that all components of the package would be included even though they were not listed. I trusted him, and rightly so, since as I mentioned, I got it all.
I think the reason that only those items show in the build list is because they are an orderable item that can be ordered separately. The items not listed cannot be ordered by themselves and thus get added to the build by the 7KM JCW interior option.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:36 PM
mkdiehl
2nd Gear
Well hmmmm......was sure I didn't want these seats based on previous pictures, enough to not get the JCW package. Now these pictures make these look much better.

If they are this dark black that would be a good thing to me....

Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 PM
MINIwuff
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They do look great indeed, and probably my number one choice at the moment. Thanks for the pics and reviews!

Old 06-17-2014, 11:07 PM
J_L
5th Gear
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
I saw only a swatch at the dealer, and thought that the material felt a little cheap. The black pearl on the other hand, was pretty stunning. Maybe reflected in the price difference? I went with black pearl... That's just me though =)

Old 06-18-2014, 07:02 AM
kyoo
6th Gear
Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts
ditto these seats are nice

Old 06-18-2014, 01:32 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
Way good pix, nothing like the other ones which made the seats look terrible. I like the seats. Cloth not leather right?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:15 PM
fxdavis
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Way good pix, nothing like the other ones which made the seats look terrible. I like the seats. Cloth not leather right?
Thanks! And yes, 100% cloth.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 PM
eurospek
1st Gear
So, I took a few pics in my garage with low lighting.
Those look stunning, but does the cloth easily stain like for example with water or rain drops even? I ask because my current car, a Saab 9-2X Aero, is a pain in the butt to keep clean from such water stains. Both the parchment color of the fabric and the black part stains just as easily. And you can't spot clean them either as you just make a bigger mess and spot. I have to clean them in segments to get rid of stains. As much as I love cloth, I'm thinking leatherette when I'll be ordering my F56.

I'm also curious about the durability of the JCW package cloth or even the Black Pearl cloth option on the F56, because I did not like some of the cloth R56 seats that I've seen where the fabric is stretched in the cushion area where you sit and sort of saggy looking.

Last edited by eurospek; 06-25-2014 at 09:38 PM.