Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Electrical Torchstar low/high beam LEDs

Old 06-28-2016, 10:59 AM
sevin
6th Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Torchstar low/high beam LEDs

Was reading through Mod Mini's channel yesterday and I came across his video on Torchstar LEDs, embedded below. These units look like a great fit for anyone looking to white/blue out the lighting on their car. According to Mod Mini, they are plug and play, fanless, and the ballast is small enough to pack into the housing so the dust cover can still shut.

However, the video is a year old and according to a review on Amazon, the adapter piece included in the kit to install the bulb in the mount is no longer metal and it doesn't fit as well. Then I came across this set, which looks pretty much identical, except it didn't start being offered until September of last year, several months after the video was made. I'm wondering if these will be a better fit. Does anyone have experience with these units? I have factory xenons and LED front marker lights, so this is the 3rd out of 4 pieces in the puzzle to get my front lighting blued out (still need LED fog lights).

The units Mod Mini links: https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-LE...rchstar+h7+led
The units I found: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0156X9U88..._xSOCxb18S6GB4