Go Back  North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Modifications > Electrical
INPA Not Working... HELP! >

Electrical INPA Not Working... HELP!

Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical INPA Not Working... HELP!

  #1  
Old 08-14-2012, 08:12 PM
vazdom
vazdom is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INPA Not Working... HELP!

Hello everybody,

I Brought INPA K+DCAN on ebay, I install and I see the black dots Ignition and Battery When I try to connect to ECU, AIRBAG and many others modules POP window come up with this message

grup file: D_Motor.
Sys-0012: Identification error.
program will be stopped


Can't read or erase error memory.

and with airbag

grup file: d_sim
sys-0012; identification error



But I can read the Cluster and few things only.

I have Ediabas 6.4.3 NCS Expert 3.1.0 INPA V 5.0.2


Any Idea will be very appreciate!

thanks.
 
  #2  
Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
vazdom
vazdom is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, Frist problem Solved...

Now I can read AIR BAG error memory, I can read many things but when I try to entry to Engine, or GearBox I have this new message

grup file D_KBM
bip 0009 best version error
program will be stopped


malfunctions possible!
 
  #3  
Old 08-18-2012, 08:14 AM
spidertnt
spidertnt is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depending on your cable and the year of your car you may need to join pins 7-8 together read / write to all components on the k-line. My cable could read some of the modules but not untill i joined 7-8 could it read the vin or write to a module. 2004 MCS preface lift

source http://osefactory.com/tools/k+dcan/A...patibility.pdf

Our K+DCAN USB Interface came in the beginning unlike products from
other vendors with full backward compatibility to older K-Line
equipped vehicles, many of those vehicles use besides the primary KLine on pin7 also the secondary K-Line on pin8 for additional modules
(ECUs). Unfortunately on the latest F Series DCAN equipped vehicles
that pin got re-used as Ethernet activation which interfered with that
full backward compatibility by causing connection problems.
Because most customers prefer the ability to work on latest DCAN
equipped vehicles over the full backward compatibility to older K-Line
equipped vehicles - pin8 was physically removed from the Interface to
enable that. The consequence from that step is that when used in
backward compatibility mode on older K-Line equipped vehicles that
the Interface now only covers modules (ECUs) connected to the
primary K-Line on pin7. Modules (ECUs) connected to the secondary KLine on pin8 will no longer be directly accessible.
 
  #4  
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM
vazdom
vazdom is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spidertnt View Post
Depending on your cable and the year of your car you may need to join pins 7-8 together read / write to all components on the k-line. My cable could read some of the modules but not untill i joined 7-8 could it read the vin or write to a module. 2004 MCS preface lift

source http://osefactory.com/tools/k+dcan/A...patibility.pdf

Our K+DCAN USB Interface came in the beginning unlike products from
other vendors with full backward compatibility to older K-Line
equipped vehicles, many of those vehicles use besides the primary KLine on pin7 also the secondary K-Line on pin8 for additional modules
(ECUs). Unfortunately on the latest F Series DCAN equipped vehicles
that pin got re-used as Ethernet activation which interfered with that
full backward compatibility by causing connection problems.
Because most customers prefer the ability to work on latest DCAN
equipped vehicles over the full backward compatibility to older K-Line
equipped vehicles - pin8 was physically removed from the Interface to
enable that. The consequence from that step is that when used in
backward compatibility mode on older K-Line equipped vehicles that
the Interface now only covers modules (ECUs) connected to the
primary K-Line on pin7. Modules (ECUs) connected to the secondary KLine on pin8 will no longer be directly accessible.

well I have a R56s and Im using exactly this interface
 
  #5  
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 PM
vazdom
vazdom is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
  #6  
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 AM
spidertnt
spidertnt is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vazdom View Post
well I have a R56s and Im using exactly this interface
R56 your cable should be fine
 
  #7  
Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 AM
vazdom
vazdom is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spidertnt View Post
R56 your cable should be fine

Ok, thank you, I really appreciate your help. So what do you think can be my problem with IFH 0009 ??

thanks!
 
  #8  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:52 AM
spidertnt
spidertnt is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vazdom View Post
Ok, thank you, I really appreciate your help. So what do you think can be my problem with IFH 0009 ??

thanks!
From another site http://bmwgt1.com/bmw-dis-connection-problems/

INPA IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROL UNIT ERRORS

If you experience the IFH-0009 No Response error in Inpa, then it indicates a break down (or lack of) communication between the Vehicle itself, and the laptop. More often than not, IFH-0009 errors in INPA are caused by the following problems.

1) Poor quality, or incorrectly wired interfaces. IFH-0009 errors are the most common in D-Can+K usb interface leads. Often these originate from China or Hong Kong, and can be badly constructed, incorrectly wired, or contain the wrong chip set drivers or come with no drivers at all!. Whilst not all Chinese interfaces are poor quality, buying cheap imported leads is a gamble and when problems occur the seller probably won’t be interested. It is therefore important that you buy an interface lead from a good quality, reputable Vendor.

2) Wrong or Incorrect Interface Drivers. Again, mass produced interfaces can often contain cd’s with the wrong chipset drivers or come with no CD at all. Without the correct (latest) USB drivers, your interface lead will not install under windows properly. Our software package comes complete with a popular driver which is compatible with most Chinese and Western produced USB Interfaces, which will often work if the one supplied from your interface lead vendor doesn’t or hasn’t been included.

3) Incorrectly configured interface lead. Again, one of the most common problems with USB type leads. When installing a D-Can or Usb Interface lead, you will need to reconfigure the Windows based com port settings, so that the USB lead, appears to replicate an old RS-232 serial port. To replicate the port correctly, you need to change the existing Com port setting of the USB interface within Windows to Com Port 1 and change the latency setting to ‘1′ and check any ‘Fifo’ box

4) Incorrectly wired interface. Once again, there is no set standard as to the wiring pin configurations used within D-Can + K interfaces, by the various manufacturers. Some interface leads have pin 8 disconnected, some have pin 8 physically linked (bridged) to Pin 7, and some have pin 7 & 8 connected individually with no bridge link. If you still have problems connecting to the vehicle, and still get ‘IFH’ style errors then you should open the OBD Socket of the lead and check the pin wiring to see which type of interface you have. You should consider trying your interface lead, with the following configurations….

i) Pin 8 joined to Pin 7 using a small wire link

ii) Pin 8 physically disconnected

iii) Pin 7 and Pin 8 individually connected to their own pins with no link.

More often than not, one of these configurations will work with your vehicle, I recommend trying it with pins 7 & 8 linked together first, as this is by far the most popular vehicle configuration.

Also don’t assume that once you have found the pin 8 solution which works with one vehicle, that it will automatically work with a different model. If you have more than one D-Can equipped vehicle, you may need to obtain a second interface lead and configure ‘pin 8′ diffrently.

If you don’t own a soldering iron, or if you don’t feel confident about soldering electrical connectors, then there are adaptors available which will bridge pins 7 & 8 together, without any need to open the OBD socket or solder.

5) Incomplete Versions of INPA. There are many versions of Inpa around, many of which are incomplete or simply lack the various configuration files in which to work correctly. If you try all of the above and the IFH-0009 problem still remains, then you will need to consider buying and installing the full version of Inpa which includes Ediabas and BMW Standard Tools
 
  #9  
Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
vazdom
vazdom is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spidertnt View Post
From another site http://bmwgt1.com/bmw-dis-connection-problems/

INPA IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROL UNIT ERRORS

If you experience the IFH-0009 No Response error in Inpa, then it indicates a break down (or lack of) communication between the Vehicle itself, and the laptop. More often than not, IFH-0009 errors in INPA are caused by the following problems.

1) Poor quality, or incorrectly wired interfaces. IFH-0009 errors are the most common in D-Can+K usb interface leads. Often these originate from China or Hong Kong, and can be badly constructed, incorrectly wired, or contain the wrong chip set drivers or come with no drivers at all!. Whilst not all Chinese interfaces are poor quality, buying cheap imported leads is a gamble and when problems occur the seller probably won’t be interested. It is therefore important that you buy an interface lead from a good quality, reputable Vendor.

2) Wrong or Incorrect Interface Drivers. Again, mass produced interfaces can often contain cd’s with the wrong chipset drivers or come with no CD at all. Without the correct (latest) USB drivers, your interface lead will not install under windows properly. Our software package comes complete with a popular driver which is compatible with most Chinese and Western produced USB Interfaces, which will often work if the one supplied from your interface lead vendor doesn’t or hasn’t been included.

3) Incorrectly configured interface lead. Again, one of the most common problems with USB type leads. When installing a D-Can or Usb Interface lead, you will need to reconfigure the Windows based com port settings, so that the USB lead, appears to replicate an old RS-232 serial port. To replicate the port correctly, you need to change the existing Com port setting of the USB interface within Windows to Com Port 1 and change the latency setting to ‘1′ and check any ‘Fifo’ box

4) Incorrectly wired interface. Once again, there is no set standard as to the wiring pin configurations used within D-Can + K interfaces, by the various manufacturers. Some interface leads have pin 8 disconnected, some have pin 8 physically linked (bridged) to Pin 7, and some have pin 7 & 8 connected individually with no bridge link. If you still have problems connecting to the vehicle, and still get ‘IFH’ style errors then you should open the OBD Socket of the lead and check the pin wiring to see which type of interface you have. You should consider trying your interface lead, with the following configurations….

i) Pin 8 joined to Pin 7 using a small wire link

ii) Pin 8 physically disconnected

iii) Pin 7 and Pin 8 individually connected to their own pins with no link.

More often than not, one of these configurations will work with your vehicle, I recommend trying it with pins 7 & 8 linked together first, as this is by far the most popular vehicle configuration.

Also don’t assume that once you have found the pin 8 solution which works with one vehicle, that it will automatically work with a different model. If you have more than one D-Can equipped vehicle, you may need to obtain a second interface lead and configure ‘pin 8′ diffrently.

If you don’t own a soldering iron, or if you don’t feel confident about soldering electrical connectors, then there are adaptors available which will bridge pins 7 & 8 together, without any need to open the OBD socket or solder.

5) Incomplete Versions of INPA. There are many versions of Inpa around, many of which are incomplete or simply lack the various configuration files in which to work correctly. If you try all of the above and the IFH-0009 problem still remains, then you will need to consider buying and installing the full version of Inpa which includes Ediabas and BMW Standard Tools
I see, ok Im 90% certain that my problem comes from INPA installation, or my drivers are wrong I think that because I can Erase Memory I can entry to AIRbag and some modules but I can read DTC. I cant get Any code....

Im looking for a correct Inpa version I think is INPA v5.02 ediabas 7.02 and NCS expert 3.8.1 right???

I found this in other forum...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1673155

seems like this is a complete INPA version, what do you think? another thing Im looking for the Drivers, but I can't find the driver..... the only link i found is this

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm


When I install Driver (the driver that comes with the cable) In MSDOS screen I see in one line: Expected = Warning


Warning! some Values have no standard data - may be there are problems -

Press any key to continue........
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dutchhome
Stock Problems/Issues
15
09-30-2015 07:17 AM
skippermini
Stock Problems/Issues
2
08-13-2015 06:13 AM
Shoe Coupe
Electrical
1
05-06-2015 08:50 AM
everlast
Electrical
6
06-24-2013 07:13 AM
vazdom
Electrical
4
08-28-2012 08:23 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical INPA Not Working... HELP!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.