Eastern Iowa MINIs Eastern Iowa MINI enthusiasts group

Eastern Iowa MINIs Rally for a Cause

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:36 AM
R56MINICooper
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eastern Iowa MINIs Rally for a Cause

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in the spring of working with me to set up a MINI fund raising Rally for a charity yet to be decided.

Just thought I'd see if we'd like to make a contribution back to society while enjoying motoring. We could do a weekend drive and see if we can't get businesses to pledge money for every mile we drive or some other strategy.

Just an idea that I thought I'd see if anyone else was interested in doing, maybe end up at a MINI Dealership such as MINI of Omaha or one of the Chicago dealerships and have a luncheon there or whatever.

Details will obviously need to be worked out later but figured I'd throw it out there now so we have some time to plan it if we are interested. I've never done anything like this so I'm reading up on it to hopefully figure it out!

Thanks for reading,
Rob

Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
D3m0N
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great idea!!

I am more than willing to assist in any way needed for this just let me know!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM
R56MINICooper
4th Gear
^^ That's one! Who else is in. Eventually we'll need to get together and choose which organization we'd like to team up with, whether it be a local charity or a larger one.

A few ones that of course catch my eyes would be:
American Cancer Society
AAA Safe Driving Foundation

Those are just two quick off the top of my head. Maybe we can discuss at the Dec 8th meeting if everyone is there.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Gil-galad
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd be interested in helping you out Rob. This might also be something that some of our neighboring MINI clubs might feel called to participate in too, provided that we plan it well and sufficiently in advance.

Agree that the 8th would be a good opportunity to talk about the possibilities, logistics, etc. I'll plan on it.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:17 AM
MariaChick
3rd Gear
I'd be willing to help you out too Rob. It sounds like a really neat idea!

Old 11-17-2007, 02:26 PM
R56MINICooper
4th Gear
Yeah I imagine we can work with other areas, especially if we are wandering to a Chicago area dealer or such to get some financial support and what not.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 AM
R56MINICooper
4th Gear
Looks like there is an organization already that has a whole set of MINI related rally's the www.c3club.org So I emailed them to see how they set things up and hopefully we can learn from and work with them on this project. Hopefully we can gain some more interests as we get this more organized.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:56 AM
R56MINICooper
4th Gear
Ok, to bring this back up. We had our chat at Wig & Pen over some delicious Pizza.

The charity mentioned was Ronald McDonald House Charities so I wanted to get a feeling on if this was a charity everyone was willing to work with for this drive?

If you have any objections please let me know. If there are none I will proceed with contacting RMHC about what we need to do to work with them.

Brian and I were discussing the possibility of hitting several RMHC House on the route to Chicago Via Iowa City to Moline to Madison to Chicago(area)

This will allows us to Start off at the Ronald McDonald House in Iowa City, visit the one in Moline then head to the one in Madison then hit the Dealerships also and end up at Possibly Patrick MINI or Bill Jacobs MINI. This would be a two day event more than likely since we would probably not want to spend 16-18hrs driving and visiting houses and dealers. In any case, when we get more of an idea of who we are donating to and where we are going we will start with the sign ups and working out the details of where to stop and where to spend the night and such.

Thank you everyone for your interests. I hope we can pull this off!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Gil-galad
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HR -

This looks like a good plan. With your proposed route, we will probably be able to entice some participation from the other clubs along the way. If we eventually consider this, we can look for the softest spots in everyone's planning calendars when deciding on a date(s).

Lots of potential stops for informal promotion and visibility. Also, we can likely get nice coverage in MC2. I like it.

Thanks for your initiative on this.