Where is everyone? :( - North American Motoring

Dynamic MiNi Collective (Arizona) The forum of the Dynamic MiNi Collective. Visit the club site at www.dynamicminicollective.org

Where is everyone? :(

  #1  
Old 07-26-2016, 12:51 PM
sarom058's Avatar
sarom058
sarom058 is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 710
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Where is everyone? :(

Hello all, sarom058 here, introducing myself. Here's CooperSAZ's MINI sitting pretty alongside mine.

I'm an ASU student, been living in AZ for 16 years now, finishing up my summer resto-mod project of my recently purchased '03 LY/B MCS, and am looking for some MINI canyon carving buddies!

Seems like this division of the forum has been pretty dead for a while, did everyone move on? Is the DMC forum active? I'll pay for a membership if it's worth it! I know Tortilla Flats, South Mountain, Mount Lemmon, and the 89-A like the back of my hand, I'd love to carve the crap out of AZ with some of you guys!

I saw that brainstorming event on the 6th of August, thinking of coming by with my girlfriend! We're actually leaving for our West Coast/PCH road trip immediately at 9am, so if anyone wants to cruise to San Diego with us, you're welcome to!
 
  #2  
Old 07-26-2016, 02:08 PM
Mini Mania's Avatar
Mini Mania
Mini Mania is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nevada City, Calif
Posts: 3,259
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Arizona

Originally Posted by sarom058 View Post
Hello all, sarom058 here, introducing myself. Here's CooperSAZ's MINI sitting pretty alongside mine.

I'm an ASU student, been living in AZ for 16 years now, finishing up my summer resto-mod project of my recently purchased '03 LY/B MCS, and am looking for some MINI canyon carving buddies!

Seems like this division of the forum has been pretty dead for a while, did everyone move on? Is the DMC forum active? I'll pay for a membership if it's worth it! I know Tortilla Flats, South Mountain, Mount Lemmon, and the 89-A like the back of my hand, I'd love to carve the crap out of AZ with some of you guys!

I saw that brainstorming event on the 6th of August, thinking of coming by with my girlfriend! We're actually leaving for our West Coast/PCH road trip immediately at 9am, so if anyone wants to cruise to San Diego with us, you're welcome to!
Would love to seem some pix of your trip! We list three clubs in Arizona.

http://new.minimania.com/article/1637/MINI_CAR_CLUBS

Arizona and DMC seem active.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.
 
__________________
Industry Leader in MINI Cooper and Classic Mini Parts and Accessories
Open M-F 6am-5pm PT | 800-946-2642 | MiniMania.com


  #3  
Old 07-27-2016, 10:02 AM
sarom058's Avatar
sarom058
sarom058 is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 710
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Sweet!! I didn't know of Arizona MINI Owners! I appreciate it!

Now for actual members to start surfacing on here haha!!!
 
  #4  
Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Mini Mania's Avatar
Mini Mania
Mini Mania is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nevada City, Calif
Posts: 3,259
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sarom058 View Post
Sweet!! I didn't know of Arizona MINI Owners! I appreciate it!

Now for actual members to start surfacing on here haha!!!
Maybe you can start a trend!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.
 
__________________
Industry Leader in MINI Cooper and Classic Mini Parts and Accessories
Open M-F 6am-5pm PT | 800-946-2642 | MiniMania.com


  #5  
Old 07-27-2016, 07:58 PM
danjmcs
danjmcs is offline
Coordinator :: Dynamic MiNi Collective
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 377
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still a few of us around, hehe, unfortunately these forums aren't quite as active as they used to be with other social media platforms out there...
 
  #6  
Old 07-27-2016, 09:12 PM
sarom058's Avatar
sarom058
sarom058 is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 710
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Where would I go?
 
  #7  
Old 07-30-2016, 12:01 AM
DasCoopa
DasCoopa is offline
Neutral
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Twisties

I'm local and love twisty drives. Check out Eurotechs on FB. They do some Mini events. I wish I could find more Mini drivers up for fun drives.
 
  #8  
Old 07-30-2016, 02:16 AM
carjoy
carjoy is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 27,997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DasCoopa View Post
I'm local and love twisty drives. Check out Eurotechs on FB. They do some Mini events. I wish I could find more Mini drivers up for fun drives.
The Tucson chapter of the DMC is very active. Tomorrow is our last Saturday of the month breakfast and then we're having a fun run up Mount Lemmon. At the top of Mount Lemmon and noon is the annual meeting for the entire Club we're there we'll announce the new board members. Check out the club's webpage at www.dynamicminicollective.org.
 
  #9  
Old 07-31-2016, 11:27 PM
sarom058's Avatar
sarom058
sarom058 is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 710
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Tucson's quite a drive, especially with the car yet to get an alignment after replacing the tie rod ends!

My MINI is getting an alignment on Tuesday. Are there any members of the Tucson chapter who live in Phoenix and could cruise there together in the future, though?
 
  #10  
Old 08-01-2016, 03:52 PM
sarom058's Avatar
sarom058
sarom058 is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 710
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DasCoopa View Post
I'm local and love twisty drives. Check out Eurotechs on FB. They do some Mini events. I wish I could find more Mini drivers up for fun drives.
Aye! Let's cruise soon! I get back from my West Coast road trip next Friday, maybe something for early September!
 
  #11  
Old 08-01-2016, 03:58 PM
carjoy
carjoy is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 27,997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sarom058 View Post
Tucson's quite a drive, especially with the car yet to get an alignment after replacing the tie rod ends!

My MINI is getting an alignment on Tuesday. Are there any members of the Tucson chapter who live in Phoenix and could cruise there together in the future, though?
I'm one of the Co-chairs for the Tucson chapter but I live in Phoenix. Would love to cruise down there with you or cruise around up here! I'm going to the planning meeting on Saturday for the Phoenix chapter. Maybe we can chat there if you can make it.
 
  #12  
Old 08-01-2016, 06:01 PM
sarom058's Avatar
sarom058
sarom058 is offline
5th Gear
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 710
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by carjoy View Post
I'm one of the Co-chairs for the Tucson chapter but I live in Phoenix. Would love to cruise down there with you or cruise around up here! I'm going to the planning meeting on Saturday for the Phoenix chapter. Maybe we can chat there if you can make it.
Okay, sweet. Down as all hell to go to a Tucson meet now, let's plan a little Phoenix cruise, though! Maybe for early September? My vote is for either Tortilla Flats or 89-A!

As far as the DRP planning meeting, my gf and I were planning on going, but we're leaving on our West Coast road trip that morning, and I realized that we'd miss the sunset in San Diego, because we're stopping at Salvation Mountain and Bombay Beach on our way there!

Is it gonna be worth it to rearrange my trip? Any idea how many people are coming?
 
  #13  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:15 PM
AzBluesman1962
AzBluesman1962 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Hot As Hell Phoenix Az
Posts: 41
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hey All..... I currently own my 10 Cooper S Clubman, 17" wheels, muffler deletes. Just bought this lil project, 11 Convertible base. I have added stripes, black out the bumbers, trim, diy air intake with K &N filter. Ready to install drilled rotors and some 18" wheels,Performance exhaust with turbo muffler. Maybe some lowered springs and struts coming. Daughter has an R56 S, Black n White treatment...pictures to come.
 
  #14  
Old 12-16-2018, 09:12 PM
Michael Jessop's Avatar
Michael Jessop
Michael Jessop is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Phoenix AZ, North Valley
Posts: 26
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Just an intro... my wife and I are in North Phoenix. We will at some point be looking to head out and have some fun.
My wife had a 2014 Countryman, new which she recently traded for her 2016 Park Lane. She has taken the kids and gone to Mini on the Mack (sp?) a couple of times now and since I have a mini now, I think I may be going this year (as long as I can work my vacation days around it).
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
azbawood
MINI Parts for Sale
5
03-26-2016 08:46 PM
Vanwall
Southern California
7
08-21-2002 07:35 PM
Vanwall
R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006)
11
07-15-2002 10:30 PM
wainair
R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006)
2
06-05-2002 10:14 AM
Sfiveten
Stock Problems/Issues
4
05-23-2002 07:09 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where is everyone? :(


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.