Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain FL group pulley install

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 07:54 AM
minicoopersgirl
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, sorry to hear that Mark.
I will be up at RENNtech this afternoon for a quick visit.
...and yes Bruce I will try to be at TS asap!
Aimee

Old 05-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Minibeast
4th Gear
Well some good news at least. Parts came in late thsafternoon for my Mini. She'll be back on the road tomorrow and I'm back on for the pulley and software install for Sunday!!
You guys have fun tonight and I'm sorry I missed out!

Old 05-17-2003, 06:34 PM
caddman
Banned
Well Randy i found my culprit on the belt issue, my tensioner broke into two peices, so therefore as i said before im pretty sure the pulley was lined up correctly, now what caused the tensioner to break your guess is as good as mine, still curious if i was having some slippage on the dyno runs at renntech, but there is no telling, i dont get the wavyness of the dyno graph at the top of the rpm band i didnt have it before, and not that drastic, so after i put the car back to gether and call mini roadside, to get the tensioner replaced under warranty ill let you how the dyno run here goes... btw as far as the ecu goes i think we were right in that the best results arent measure right after the flash is done, the 6hp and 6ftlbs, wasnt to impressive, but after driving to the car show in ft lauderdale, it seemed to get alot spunkier on the way out of town, so anyone who gets the ecu upgrade i would recommend driving 50 miles or so, before dynoing, once again ill be redynoing my car here once its fixed to see the changes, but i am quite sure we got more than 6hp and 6ftlbs, that we first dynoed, by the way as far as our top speed conversation, i hit 147-148 on the way home so i do think the power is there as far as the ecu uopgrade is concerned, just takes the ecu a little learning with the flash to get it Thanks again, and i will be calling you on monday

Old 05-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Nobull60
6th Gear
Well everyone I just wanted to say thanks for the great time Friday night. Lots of MINIs and lots of good friends. Dinner was alot of fun even at the end with the peanut fight. Saturday went to RennTech and got the pulley upgrade done by Randy. All I have to say about the pulley is OMG!!! We went to dinner Saturday night and then called it a night. What a day !!! Took lots of pictures and will post them on a new thread tomorrow. Everyone who was thinking about getting the pulley upgrade but wasn't sure, Do It !!!! I am so glad I did. Now we can go fast straight and on the twisties.

Old 05-18-2003, 11:31 AM
RonR
4th Gear
Greetings!

Bruce, I second that opinion. That was the best money spent! The car has so much better pull (torque) and HP throughout the rev band ! What a gentleman - and a great sense of humor !! Look forward to working with you on springs, shocks, swaybar and ECU!

I will post my pulley party pics soon !!

Best Regards,
Ron

Old 05-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Minibeast
4th Gear
So Bruce, where were you today? Poor Randy is out there sweating bullets expecting you to show up with food and drink and entertainment, but your phone is off the hook and you're nowhere to be found!
Randy has done a fine job once again today and instead of listening to music we kept going over how the install was being done. Guess I'll have to try one and get Randy to sign me off for doing them down here!!
Going back up in the morning to pick up my software. German's fell asleep waiting on us!

Old 05-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Ben
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I've gone over most of this on the "Randy's ECU upgrade" threat. That said, I'd like to say thanks again to "our Randy", Helmut, Bob, Mike and the Renntech crew and the MCO friends I met. Great people one and all.

My MINI got the BMP filter a week ago. The Pully and ECU upgrade 5 day's later on Friday (thnks Randy & Renntech). Details on the results are on the ECU threat. My advice to fence sitters is Just Do IT! No regrets, lot's of torque, HP, great supercharger sounds and fun. Why wait ... be happy. :smile:

Old 05-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Nobull60
6th Gear
So Bruce, where were you today? Poor Randy is out there sweating bullets expecting you to show up with food and drink and entertainment, but your phone is off the hook and you're nowhere to be found!
Mark/Randy, Man I was so tired and had to do something with my kids today. I tried to call Randy but the phone would not connect. I was planning on going today but when I said I was going they all started to whine. So we went to the old Fashion Center in Hollywood and watched a Auto-X held by the Porsche club. WOW what a site to see them hauling *** around the parking lot. then to the mall and lunch. Anyway I'm sorry for not going again today.