Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain MINI-Motorsport offerings

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 11:59 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We've been gathering aftermarket products from all of the different vendors for evaluation. That includes suspension, lighting, intakes, exhaust, and roof flags. we've continued the evaluation, and have selected several products to offer our customers.

The website should be up by the first of the year or so, and the products available will be in a catalog. Until then, we are currently taking orders through e-mail and by phone. We are pushing high quality, customer support, and in the Denver area, installation and track support. MINI-Motorsport has the lowest prices available, and if you find a price from a vendor that I didn't - we'll be happy to price match.

We also have a unique opportunity, since we supply products from several different vendors, to tailor a system based on the specific needs of that MINI owner. I encourage anyone to give a call, as there are different benefits to each component.

Thanks for the support!!

Here is a short list of some of the products available:

Intake systems
MINI-Madness
Pipercross
Moss
BMP and Green Filter coming soon

Exhaust
Borla
Magnaflow
Quicksilver

Suspension
H&R
KW
MINI-Madness swaybar
Ray Hampton Racing products

Roof Graphics
Cooper Flags

Thanks again!

Randy Webb
Owner - MINI-Motorsport
720-841-1002

Old 12-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Grinder
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that's what I like to hear! I'll look forward to purchasing from you when the time comes...

Old 12-23-2002, 10:52 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Thanks for the support Grinder! Keep up the good work on that dyno. Check your private messages.

Randy

Old 12-23-2002, 11:56 PM
bmarvin81
3rd Gear
I was wondering how much you are going to sell the magnaflow system for. Also, now that you've had the system on for a while, I remeber you saying someing about being too loud at highway speeds. do you still find that a problem. I don't mind a louder exhaust in the city, but I think it could make long road trips a nightmare. Look forward to hearing back from you. Would it effect the performance if you cut off the magnaflow tips and welded on different ones? Not sure if I can get used to the size of the one that are one the system. Hope your having fun

Blake

Old 12-24-2002, 07:54 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Blake,

Good to hear from you! I have really grown to like the exhaust. It isn't too bad for road trips at highway speeds. The thing I've noticed is that here at altitude, if you want to do 85 or so MPH, and you are going up hill at all, the car requires constant throttle. That's the only time that the volume is annoying - because it is a constant. The sound isn't droning at all, it's just a little loud.

If you kick it down a notch and are traveling at "legal" speeds, and I think if you were at lower elevation even at higher than those speeds, you wouldn't be bothered at all by the sound. It really is a very nice note - by far the coolest sounding of the bunch I've installed.

That said, the Quicksilver isn't as loud at all, but makes close to the same hp according to independent testing on the dyno. The tip is very nice looking too. It just doesn't have that downright mean sound to it like the Magnaflow. The sound is very similar to the Borla (which is also nice - kinda a British sound).

If you cut off the Magnaflow tips, I sincerely believe you would lose power, and here's why I think that. From what I have looked at and thought about, the tips are required to give the exhaust a path to be drawn out from. Here is a pic of the Borla routing and the Magnaflow routing:

I hope that helps, and if I confused you more than explained, don't hesitate to ask clarfiying questions.

Oh, and the cost for the Magnaflow is $600, but if you find it cheaper anywhere, let me know and I'll match it.

Randy
randy@mini-motorsport.com

Old 12-24-2002, 10:14 AM
bmarvin81
3rd Gear
Randy your the man. I'm definitly going to go for the magnaflow system. Hopefully santa also brings a bmp intake. I am also very excited about helix's testing on a pully mod, I hear it's qutie the beast. Ideally I would like to have the bmp, magnaflow, pully mod, and a giac chip when they finish it. After that I have a feeling I will have to buy tires by the dozen. The suspense of getting my car is killing me. It is sitting in sc, because my dealership is putting the finishing touches on the new dealership and mini won't release the cars until it is 100% done. They think it might be done a few days before the 1st (yahoo!). It's so hard to read the forums and hear about the car because I only got a chance to drive one for about a block 8 months ago! Life will be good! Thanks again

Blake
'03 MCS DS/W premium, sport, leather (SO CLOSE I CAN SMELL IT)

Old 12-24-2002, 10:40 AM
SMKKVK
4th Gear
Randy,

Thanks for the answer on the PM. I'll check BMW CCA for a local mechanic to do my AM work. Here's another "?" that may draw some further MCO responses.

Have you or anybody taken the BMW CCA driving course? Appears a great to maximize the MCS experience given my novice status. Thoughts?

Thanks,
SMKKVK

Old 12-24-2002, 11:54 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
I just joined the BMWCCA not too long ago, but it is similar in nature to the Porsche Club of America which I've been a member of forever.

The events that the clubs put on are "Driver Education". What that really means is that you get to go out on the track in your street car without having to install a cage, window net, harness, fuel cell, battery switch, etc., and learn the lines from an instructor who typically has had some experience in at least club level racing. It is a great opportunity to safely learn the limits of your vehicle, and I highly recommend it.

I think the key will be the accpetance of the MINI at these type of events by BMWCCA. So far, it looks like it is shaping up well here in the Rocky Mountain chapter, but again, that's something I would check on with your local chapter.

Have fun!! Let me know what your chapter says.

Randy

Old 12-27-2002, 01:27 PM
SoCalTom
2nd Gear
>>Have you or anybody taken the BMW CCA driving course? Appears a great to maximize the MCS experience given my novice status. Thoughts?

*** My wife & I have been BMW CCA members for a number of years, but have yet to do a club driving school on a track (for one, most CCA chapters won't allow our Z3 on the track unless it were to have a butt-ugly roll bar installed and not the kind of attractive rollbars made by HMS Motorsport or Hard Dog Fabrication). While we have had other BMWs that "should" have gone to driving school with us, we never quite got a Round Tuit. However...

... we have autocrossed a number of times with CCA. Since neither of us had "performance driving" in our background, there was a bit of the butterflies on the first time we autocrossed (especially on my wife's part... she kept trying to back out; now she enjoys autocrossing just as much as I do). Advantages to autocross as a way to get into performance driving:

1- it's cheaper ($50-80 for a day of autocrossing versus a few hundred to several hundred for a day on the track)

2- you'll won't go through brake pads & tires like you will on the track (from what I've heard, remember that we've only autocrossed)

3- as a total newbie you'll probably get put in a "First-Timers" class and you may walk away as 'winners';on our first autocross four years ago my wife & I walked away with a 1st & 2nd in our class... who needs to know that we were the ONLY two in our class