Drivetrain Anyone still running the Manic Stage 2 tune?

Old 09-26-2018, 11:31 PM
The_Dark_Passenger
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone still running the Manic Stage 2 tune?

Hello,

I'm seeing quite a few people running the Bytetronik and RPM tune on their F series MINI's, but it seems the Manic Stage 2 tune has kinda slipped in popularity. I'm wondering how anyone who is still running it experience has been? Have you had any issues, and what other mods are on your F series MINI?

I have seen a couple other people have posted piston failure while running other stage 2 tunes. Has anyone experienced this with the Manic Stage 2 tune?

Lastly, how does the Manic Stage 2 tune stack up to the Bytetronik and RPM tune now?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:37 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
I do Manic and RPM Power Tuning and 99% of my business is RPM because, it’s
smoother, safer, upgradable, customizable and is easily accessible.
Manic has had lots of issues supporting customers and Dealers ovwr the last 15 months
i have also replaced every piggy back module and including other ECU Tuning companies

RPM Powwr is the newest in the US, but have been in Europe for a decade.

Mario

mQubed Motorsport Manic & RPM Power Tuning

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
The following users liked this post:
Davers (03-15-2020)
Old 10-01-2018, 11:43 PM
The_Dark_Passenger
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MarioKart
I do Manic and RPM Power Tuning and 99% of my business is RPM because, it’s
smoother, safer, upgradable, customizable and is easily accessible.
Manic has had lots of issues supporting customers and Dealers ovwr the last 15 months
i have also replaced every piggy back module and including other ECU Tuning companies

RPM Powwr is the newest in the US, but have been in Europe for a decade.

Mario

Thanks for your reply Mario! What makes the RPM tune safer than the Manic? Also, compared to the RPM tune, say I put in an upgraded intercooler, catless DP, and like the Remus race exhaust, what would just something like a JB4 put down in map 2 as I know it can disable the CEL for catless? Would there be a large enough bump to make a full ECU tune worth it in your opinion?

I already have the NM power module and a K&N intake, so I'm just kinda curious what kinda bump in power I could see with a stage 2 tune, or JB4 in map 2 with the above mods to what I currently have.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:20 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,706 Likes on 1,375 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Dark_Passenger
Thanks for your reply Mario! What makes the RPM tune safer than the Manic? Also, compared to the RPM tune, say I put in an upgraded intercooler, catless DP, and like the Remus race exhaust, what would just something like a JB4 put down in map 2 as I know it can disable the CEL for catless? Would there be a large enough bump to make a full ECU tune worth it in your opinion?

I already have the NM power module and a K&N intake, so I'm just kinda curious what kinda bump in power I could see with a stage 2 tune, or JB4 in map 2 with the above mods to what I currently have.
A full tune will always be better than a piggy back module, like the JB4/JB+. Those piggy back module trick the ECU into running a different part of the fuel map, and, while it will make more power, there will always be some inefficiencies running like that. A full tune remaps the correct fueling map to better control actual conditions for more power. Absolute power numbers may not be much different, but smoothness and condition adaptations will be better controlled.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:17 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts

Morning,
If possible can you go ahead and email me
MarioPalza@gmail.com

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 03-15-2020, 01:12 PM
Davers
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
RPM tune

Hello,

I'm seeing quite a few people running the Bytetronik and RPM tune on their F series MINI's, but it seems the Manic Stage 2 tune has kinda slipped in popularity. I'm wondering how anyone who is still running it experience has been? Have you had any issues, and what other mods are on your F series MINI?

I have seen a couple other people have posted piston failure while running other stage 2 tunes. Has anyone experienced this with the Manic Stage 2 tune?

Lastly, how does the Manic Stage 2 tune stack up to the Bytetronik and RPM tune now?
I have been running a manic 2 on my N18 R57 for two years now and it’s been fun, the only thing for me was it really packed a punch and it was tricky to keep it from just pulling gently to full on punch in the boost.
After a lot of debating I went back to Mario and we discussed the Stage 3 RPM and I dropped the coin and could not be more happier, the acceleration is smoother and it pulls constantly up to 7000rpm effortlessly.
Yes I highly recommend RPM over Manic.

Last edited by Davers; 06-29-2022 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:25 PM
BRG56
2nd Gear
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Davers
I have been running a manic 2 on my N18 R57 for two years now and it’s been fun, the only thing for me was it really packed a punch and it was tricky to keep it from just pulling gently to full on punch in the boost.
After a lot of debating I went back to Mario and we discussed the Stage 3 RPM and I dropped the coin and could not be more happier, the execrations is smoother if that’s the way you need to drive but it just pulls constantly up to 7000rpm effortlessly.
Yes I highly recommend RPM over Manic.
Davers, what turbo are you running?

The following users liked this post:
Davers (12-30-2021)
Old 04-12-2020, 07:30 AM
'08R56
Neutral
Hey Mario! I want to upgrade my (new to me) MINICOOPER. I sent you an email. I'm in California. Are you available?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:24 AM
minideucecoop
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just wanted to post an update. It's been about 8 months since I contacted Mario and got a stage 2 for my F56. I don't know why these mini's don't come from the factory like this. I've run a few 800 mile trips, 12 hour drives, in sport mode lol. Sprinted up and down back roads with mini crews. It's my daily driver. It's faster, it's a little louder, and I still get about 28mpg. Thanks again!

Old 12-30-2021, 09:46 AM
Rolldog
Neutral
I had Mario tune my 2007 R56 about 1 month ago and I couldn’t be happier! The car pulls hard and keeps up with most other cars on the road. I had the stage 3 tune put on my car with sport button option.

I am definitely going to have him tune my 2011 Clubman S as soon i have all my parts on.

Last edited by Rolldog; 12-30-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:27 AM
Davers
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BRG56
Davers, what turbo are you running?
Running a hybrid turbo from Mario!

Old 06-24-2022, 11:17 AM
Bearwolfdog
Neutral
x

Last edited by Bearwolfdog; 06-27-2022 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Please delete this post
Old 06-25-2022, 01:35 PM
Duc OT
1st Gear
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearwolfdog
7 days of having my stage 2 installed and Im
out $7000 just to have my car fixed and put back to stock. ****. Uncommon outcome im told but if i could turn back time i would have just left it alone. More details on my unfortunate experience to come…

Exploded exhaust valve
Sorry to hear of your $7k pain. Hope the best for you.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:15 AM
ICEE
2nd Gear
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I have a 2018 F56 S that I am currently looking to tune. Really not liking a "piggy back" tune.

I see Mario in this thread and follow him on IG, but seems he is in CA and the car needs to be there, assuming.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:09 PM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,706 Likes on 1,375 Posts
Originally Posted by ICEE
I have a 2018 F56 S that I am currently looking to tune. Really not liking a "piggy back" tune.

I see Mario in this thread and follow him on IG, but seems he is in CA and the car needs to be there, assuming.
I suggest getting in touch with @Lou@Prototype-R

Old 06-29-2022, 02:33 PM
Davers
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ICEE

You can remove the ECU and send it to Mario and he normally gets it back to you within a week or less, he sent me all the videos on how to remove the ecu and reinstall couldn’t be any happier with the results and parts he supplied and his customer service is awsome.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:34 PM
Davers
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Duc OT
Sorry to hear of your $7k pain. Hope the best for you.
what tune did you have installed ? Did you have a high mileage motor?

Old 01-08-2024, 03:18 PM
ptidwell
1st Gear
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
So this has been a long time coming. I just got my Stage 2 Tune from MarioKart back in May of 2022. I originally told Mario I would give him my review. However, I was dealing with a very sick daughter who we lost to cancer this past March, and have been working on healing from that loss and resuming my life. Nevertheless, he programmed my 2012 R55 after all the necessary upgrades including his catless downpipe, along with his recommended colder plugs. Most of you should know the upgrades if you're going to a stage II tune. I got the Stage 2 tune with the map for sports mode. All I can say is WOW! I feel the torque and power right away! Now it has been 19 months since the tune and although this is not my daily driver it gives me extreme pleasure every time I get behind the wheel. Reading through the thread, is see that Mario gets some unfavorable replies but in my experience, he is not only a good person but also a master at his craft. Finally, Mario's customer service is amazing, I am local to him and was able to go to his home to get my tune, and he responded quickly via text to any questions I had quite quickly. I highly recommend going to Mario for your tune, or any other Mini needs you may have. Thanks, Mario