Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Manic Stage 2 by MarioKart

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 01:59 PM
97nicolaus
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manic Stage 2 by MarioKart

Greetings fellow Motorers!

As you have seen before, this thread is a review of the Manic Stage 2 tune by MarioKart from MQuebed Motorsport. Please excuse me for my bad English.

First, I want to thank Mario for tuning my PMS (no pun intended) with a Manic Stage 2 tune. I have never before popped up my engine and do anything with it, so it is spot on to say that I'm a complete car noob. I was really afraid that I would mess things up when disconnecting the battery, removing the ECUs, and replacing the original spark plugs with the required NGK ILKR8E6/1422. I texted Mario a bunch of times, asking questions regarding the prerequisites for tune, the possible problems, and how-tos for almost everyday in a week, and he always replied all my stupid questions and assisted me throughout the whole process that finally, everything became manageable for someone without any experience with tools and opening up bolts in the engine bay.

My ECU went back with some candies (lol), and I immediately install it back to the car and drove without any destinations whatsoever, just to experience how different the PMS is. I had a JB+ installed before, and was never sure if the car feels any different than stock. After hitting the road for less than two minutes, I feel like I was driving a completely different car (in terms of performance). Never before I recalled smiling the whole half an hour driving the PMS (or even smile at all). The car pulls all the way to redline. It pops so loud at above 4k RPM on Sports mode that I felt sorry for the people walking on the streets for having so much fun (lol). By the time I drove the car yesterday with the ECU tuned to stage 2, the car was bone stock and only had the required spark plugs installed. I'm still waiting for the WMW downpipe to arrive and to be installed in the next 2 days, and still, the car was a blast to drive, along with the popcorn machine attached to the back of the car.

If you're considering getting a Manic tune, I say go ahead, gather and install all the required hardwares, and do not wait any longer, or you'll regret it like I did. I wish I did it anytime sooner so that I did not have to hate my Mini for being slow. And once you have all the prerequisites gathered, contact Mario, ask him all you need about the tune, and send him your ECU. He knows what he's talking about and he provides outstanding customer service before and after getting the tune.

Mario's contact info:
Mario Palza (MarioKart)
MQuebed Motorsports
+1 (805) 746-2666

Thanks for reading my review, and
Happy Motoring!

Old 06-18-2017, 10:50 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
Thank you for the great review and choosing me as a vendor. Have fun racing around Seattle and waking up the neighbors. Let me know if you have any other questions
Take care
Mario

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
The following users liked this post:
97nicolaus (07-10-2017)