Go Back  North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Drivetrain (Cooper S)
Are upgraded Charge and discharge pipes recommended >

Are upgraded Charge and discharge pipes recommended

Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Are upgraded Charge and discharge pipes recommended

  #1  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:59 AM
SpockMCS
SpockMCS is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are upgraded Charge and discharge pipes recommended

im upgrading to and aftermarket intercooler and Iím wondering if itís recommended to upgrade to an after market charge pipe? Or if the stock pipes are okay
 
  #2  
Old 08-10-2018, 09:24 PM
squawSkiBum
squawSkiBum is offline
Moderator
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,569
Received 193 Likes on 164 Posts
A lot of people (myself included) have eliminated the "muffler" between the turbo and the intercooler. There are a lot of different solutions - off the top of my head, Alta and Forge have one piece silicone hoses ($$), NM has a combination of silicone elbows and formed aluminum tubing ($$$), and Way Motor Works has a section of pipe that replaces the muffer ($). There are a few others too. Search for "turbo muffler delete."

If you have the N14 engine, search for "noisemaker delete", various solutions from $hundreds to a few bucks at the local home improvement store.

There are also aftermarket replacements for the pipe from the airbox to the turbo inlet, just bling in my opinion but it's your MINI, do what you like.
 
  #3  
Old 08-10-2018, 09:52 PM
SpockMCS
SpockMCS is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by squawSkiBum View Post
A lot of people (myself included) have eliminated the "muffler" between the turbo and the intercooler. There are a lot of different solutions - off the top of my head, Alta and Forge have one piece silicone hoses ($$), NM has a combination of silicone elbows and formed aluminum tubing ($$$), and Way Motor Works has a section of pipe that replaces the muffer ($). There are a few others too. Search for "turbo muffler delete."

If you have the N14 engine, search for "noisemaker delete", various solutions from $hundreds to a few bucks at the local home improvement store.

There are also aftermarket replacements for the pipe from the airbox to the turbo inlet, just bling in my opinion but it's your MINI, do what you like.
thank you! I havenít heard of that but Iím gonna look into the turbo muffler delete!
 
  #4  
Old 08-11-2018, 12:23 PM
WayMotorWorks
WayMotorWorks is online now
Vendor
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 9,413
Received 343 Likes on 308 Posts
Yes we always remove the muffler in the discharge pipe going from the turbo to the intercooler. We use our WMW res delete pipe as it is the most cost effective and uses the stock rubber hose ends to you know it will keep fitting perfect.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-re...7-r58-r59.html

And yes if you have an N14 removing the noise maker is the other one that will make a nice difference as the factory noise maker bleeds off some boost.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-no...5-r56-r57.html
 
__________________


HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
  #5  
Old 08-14-2018, 06:19 AM
Nader230
Nader230 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much of a difference does it really make?
 
  #6  
Old 08-15-2018, 02:54 AM
WayMotorWorks
WayMotorWorks is online now
Vendor
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 9,413
Received 343 Likes on 308 Posts
Originally Posted by Nader230 View Post
How much of a difference does it really make?
They are small differences but you can tell for sure when you do both. The noise maker delete I would say is the bigger of the two. But they are so cost effective and just science of airflow they for sure don't hurt.
We get reports from customers all the time that they love them right after install.
 
__________________


HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
The following users liked this post:
Nader230 (08-15-2018)
  #7  
Old 03-31-2019, 07:20 PM
SNOOPYS_MINI's Avatar
SNOOPYS_MINI
SNOOPYS_MINI is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: East Coast
Posts: 25
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks View Post
Yes we always remove the muffler in the discharge pipe going from the turbo to the intercooler. We use our WMW res delete pipe as it is the most cost effective and uses the stock rubber hose ends to you know it will keep fitting perfect.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-re...7-r58-r59.html

And yes if you have an N14 removing the noise maker is the other one that will make a nice difference as the factory noise maker bleeds off some boost.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-no...5-r56-r57.html
I know, old post... is the tube AFTER the intercooler good w adding more boost, I don’t see any replacement for that?

And does a noisemaker delete pipe get rid of that whole corner crazy connection piece?

Thanks
 
  #8  
Old 04-01-2019, 09:18 PM
WayMotorWorks
WayMotorWorks is online now
Vendor
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 9,413
Received 343 Likes on 308 Posts
Originally Posted by SNOOPYS_MINI View Post
I know, old post... is the tube AFTER the intercooler good w adding more boost, I donít see any replacement for that?

And does a noisemaker delete pipe get rid of that whole corner crazy connection piece?

Thanks
on the cold side of the intercooler you only need the noise maker delete as that is what will make the difference.
It removes the 1inch pipe and diaphram that connects to the firewall.

 
__________________


HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
The following users liked this post:
SNOOPYS_MINI (04-02-2019)
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JCW_Coupe
MINI Parts for Sale
15
03-17-2016 10:20 AM
sLy201
Drivetrain (Cooper S)
37
08-14-2015 11:44 AM
MiniErik
MINI Parts for Sale
11
09-10-2014 06:39 AM
Tata Steva
MINI Parts for Sale
11
05-01-2013 04:29 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are upgraded Charge and discharge pipes recommended


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: