Dinan Elite JCW CEL P12A9 :(

  #51  
Old 09-11-2018, 11:05 AM
TheBigNewt
TheBigNewt is offline
OVERDRIVE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,216
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
The guy who did my Manic stage 1 ECU tune had to first install new Mini firmware, which took like 90 minutes. The ECU tune only took about 20 min. Cost was $500. He says most of his customers had already bought a piggyback unit. Said you can't hardly give those away. Car is REALLY fast, and it was fast before.
 
  #52  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:18 AM
El-Grunto's Avatar
El-Grunto
El-Grunto is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 123
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Sorry to necro this post but I just wanted to add that I have the same codes (P12A9 and P10F2) on my 2015 F56 S with the Dinan Elite. Dinan was not able to fix the issue and recommended I return the Elite.
 
  #53  
Old 04-17-2019, 09:31 AM
SmittyRN
SmittyRN is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 146
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting the code on my F56S too. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the JCW Pro tune on the ECU. Waiting to hear back from Dinan.
 
  #54  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:46 PM
El-Grunto's Avatar
El-Grunto
El-Grunto is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 123
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
I had asked Dinan a while back if the Elite could be used with an S w/ the JCW Tuning Kit. They said "Technically it will work but the top end of the RPM band will be a bit “jumpy” for lack of a better term and it will not optimize the power. The JCW tuning kit and the normal JCW edition should be using the ELITE designed for the JCW in order to maximize power and drivability.



Nathan Fette

Dinan Corp."

So it may be the cause of the CEL but I doubt it is as I don't have the tuning kit and was getting the CEL nearly every time I started my car.
 
  #55  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:49 PM
El-Grunto's Avatar
El-Grunto
El-Grunto is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 123
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
I had asked Dinan a while back if the Elite could be used with an S w/ the JCW Tuning Kit. They said

Originally Posted by El-Grunto View Post
Technically it will work but the top end of the RPM band will be a bit “jumpy” for lack of a better term and it will not optimize the power. The JCW tuning kit and the normal JCW edition should be using the ELITE designed for the JCW in order to maximize power and drivability.



Nathan Fette

Dinan Corp.

So it may be the cause of the CEL but I doubt it is as I don't have the tuning kit and was getting the CEL nearly every time I started my car.
 
  #56  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:29 AM
G26okie
G26okie is offline
2nd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 102
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by El-Grunto View Post
I had asked Dinan a while back if the Elite could be used with an S w/ the JCW Tuning Kit. They said




So it may be the cause of the CEL but I doubt it is as I don't have the tuning kit and was getting the CEL nearly every time I started my car.
How long have you had the elite on the car? Did you get this fixed?
 
  #57  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:16 AM
El-Grunto's Avatar
El-Grunto
El-Grunto is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 123
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by G26okie View Post
How long have you had the elite on the car? Did you get this fixed?
Elite and harness came off several weeks ago. Haven't had either of the CELs since then. Elite originally went on back in November. Ran well for about 3k miles then issues started coming up. Seemed to be an issue with the wiring harness as the module was replaced and the issues persisted. Ran with the harness installed but with the bypass instead of the module and the issues still came up. Dinan seemed to lose interest in pursuing the problem after a few months of troubleshooting and told me to just return the whole thing. Returned the Elite at least a thousand miles ago and worked towards RPM Stage 2 over the past month. Haven't had any issues since the Elite's wiring harness came off. So no, technically my issues with the Elite were never fixed. At least not in a way that made it work properly with my car. But yes, in the sense that I now have a more powerful tune with no issues so far. Of course, I haven't hit 3K miles with the RPM tune yet so who knows if something will pop up lol
 
  #58  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:29 AM
G26okie
G26okie is offline
2nd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 102
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by El-Grunto View Post
Elite and harness came off several weeks ago. Haven't had either of the CELs since then. Elite originally went on back in November. Ran well for about 3k miles then issues started coming up. Seemed to be an issue with the wiring harness as the module was replaced and the issues persisted. Ran with the harness installed but with the bypass instead of the module and the issues still came up. Dinan seemed to lose interest in pursuing the problem after a few months of troubleshooting and told me to just return the whole thing. Returned the Elite at least a thousand miles ago and worked towards RPM Stage 2 over the past month. Haven't had any issues since the Elite's wiring harness came off. So no, technically my issues with the Elite were never fixed. At least not in a way that made it work properly with my car. But yes, in the sense that I now have a more powerful tune with no issues so far. Of course, I haven't hit 3K miles with the RPM tune yet so who knows if something will pop up lol
Gotcha. Well, I've been on the elite for 10k miles with no issues, hopefully it stays that way.
 
  #59  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:43 AM
El-Grunto's Avatar
El-Grunto
El-Grunto is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 123
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
If you've gone 10k with it I'm sure you won't see any problems with it ever. It also seems to be a fairly solid piggyback and was quite good when it worked but I just happened to be one of the unlucky few. My warranty is almost up so I'd be selling the Elite soon if I still had it to move on to an ECU flash anyway.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
USA-RET
F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+)
21
10-09-2018 06:04 PM
ECSTuning
Interior/Exterior Products
0
11-14-2017 01:46 PM
ECSTuning
Vendor Classifieds
0
11-14-2017 01:46 PM
ECSTuning
Vendor Announcements
0
11-14-2017 01:35 PM
Drivehard
Stock Problems/Issues
2
09-18-2014 11:49 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dinan Elite JCW CEL P12A9 :(


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: