Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI - Page 4 - North American Motoring

Go Back  North American Motoring > 3rd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Drivetrain (Cooper S)
Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI >

Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI

Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI

Reply

 
 
 
  #76  
Old 07-29-2017, 11:41 PM
HunterminiF55
HunterminiF55 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2016 F55 with JCW tuning w/exhaust.

I have had my car for about year now 16 MCS 4DR Hardtop with JCW pro tuning/exhaust kit.Also have Dinan sport chip but I am looking for more out of my Mini. I have gotten Forge Intercooler, upgraded stock based turbocharger and Mario cat delete downpipe and I am waiting to install after my next service, currently at 17500 miles. I would like to get multiple tunes with and without mods and 91/100 octane and OBD module. Is this possible tuning solution and I would get rid of Dinan module.
 
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-30-2017, 12:52 AM
MarcoPolo's Avatar
MarcoPolo
MarcoPolo is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
which upgraded turbo did you get? jmtc? how is it?
 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-30-2017, 01:06 AM
HunterminiF55
HunterminiF55 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No not JMTC. I got it done by G-POP shop for $850 plus shipping $35. They ported and polished the exhaust runners. Billet compressor wheel (Inducer 46mm and Exducer is 58mm) and clipped turbine blades. Hot ceramic coating turbine housing.
 
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-30-2017, 01:08 AM
MarcoPolo's Avatar
MarcoPolo
MarcoPolo is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterminiF55 View Post
No not JMTC. I got it done by G-POP shop for $850 plus shipping $35. They ported and polished the exhaust runners. Billet compressor wheel (Inducer 46mm and Exducer is 58mm) and clipped turbine blades. Hot ceramic coating turbine housing.
what was the end result. were you able to feel a before/after difference? like an obvious improvement in spool-up, acceleration, etc...
 
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-30-2017, 01:12 AM
HunterminiF55
HunterminiF55 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have not installed IC, turbo, DP yet. I am waiting after my next service to install. So no data to report just yet. I am currently running JCW tuning/exhaust w/Dinantronics and I have gotten use to that power increase and wanting more.
 
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-30-2017, 08:09 PM
Bytetronik
Bytetronik is online now
Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 494
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterminiF55 View Post
I have had my car for about year now 16 MCS 4DR Hardtop with JCW pro tuning/exhaust kit.Also have Dinan sport chip but I am looking for more out of my Mini. I have gotten Forge Intercooler, upgraded stock based turbocharger and Mario cat delete downpipe and I am waiting to install after my next service, currently at 17500 miles. I would like to get multiple tunes with and without mods and 91/100 octane and OBD module. Is this possible tuning solution and I would get rid of Dinan module.
The ECU Tune/Flash should be run by itself without any piggyback device "on top of it". It is also recommended that any throttle device (SprintBooster, D1, etc) be removed from the car if you are running our tune.

You'll get you stock tune (which would be your 'without' mods tune) and a premium pump gas tune (either 91 or 93 octane, depending on your region). The race gas tune would be additional $100.

We do not mappings for E85 - no exceptions! The quality/grade of E85 varies too much station to station, and some E85 are actually rated at E70.

In regions where the premium gas is crappy (i.e. Cali/AZ 91 - octane and New Mexico - max octane is 90) and the outside temperature gets over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, we have experimented with 2 gallons of E85 mixed in with a full tank of 91 octane and the car really loves it... and the car was running the "91 octane" map.
 
__________________
*** We Don't Simply Offer Tunes... We Offer TUNING SOLUTIONS ***

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-30-2017, 09:13 PM
HunterminiF55
HunterminiF55 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So my JCW protunig/exhaust is my stock tune now. Correct? I do not have any other modules besides the Dinantronics, as my car is 6 speed manual.

We have several E85 and 100 octane service stations here in San Diego.

Would they JB4/tune combo be a good solution in my situation? How many hours are you from San Diego?

I found out about your tune solution based off OBD2 module flash capability Evolve Automotive was the only other I could find.

Sorry I can't seem to get the Quote message reply option to work on my Apple laptop.
 
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Bytetronik
Bytetronik is online now
Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 494
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterminiF55 View Post
So my JCW protunig/exhaust is my stock tune now. Correct? I do not have any other modules besides the Dinantronics, as my car is 6 speed manual.

We have several E85 and 100 octane service stations here in San Diego.

Would they JB4/tune combo be a good solution in my situation? How many hours are you from San Diego?

I found out about your tune solution based off OBD2 module flash capability Evolve Automotive was the only other I could find.

Sorry I can't seem to get the Quote message reply option to work on my Apple laptop.
Our flash makes plenty of power by itself. Do NOT use ANY PIGGYBACK (Dinan, JB4, NM module, etc) in conjunction with our tune!!

We are near Austin, Texas; so that's quite a drive from San Diego. The best way would be to ship us your ECU.
 
__________________
*** We Don't Simply Offer Tunes... We Offer TUNING SOLUTIONS ***

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-31-2017, 12:18 AM
HunterminiF55
HunterminiF55 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bytetronik View Post
Our flash makes plenty of power by itself. Do NOT use ANY PIGGYBACK (Dinan, JB4, NM module, etc) in conjunction with our tune!!

We are near Austin, Texas; so that's quite a drive from San Diego. The best way would be to ship us your ECU.
Then sell my Dinantronics it is then...and I agree that would be quite the drive...I don't know why I thought you were in the Los Angeles area.
 
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-31-2017, 07:00 AM
trentiles
trentiles is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 378
Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterminiF55 View Post
Then sell my Dinantronics it is then...and I agree that would be quite the drive...I don't know why I thought you were in the Los Angeles area.
I actually thought they were in Cali too
 
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-31-2017, 07:17 AM
Bytetronik
Bytetronik is online now
Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 494
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
We were in Socal for the past 7 years, but we recently moved to the Austin area and setting up our new R&D shop here
 
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-31-2017, 07:37 AM
trentiles
trentiles is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 378
Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Bytetronik View Post
We were in Socal for the past 7 years, but we recently moved to the Austin area and setting up our new R&D shop here
Well that explains it
 
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-07-2017, 10:30 PM
MarcoPolo's Avatar
MarcoPolo
MarcoPolo is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
add another fan to the list. got the bytetronik flash loaded up last friday. while i havent' pushed it full throttle, i've had some chance to do some spirited runs and the car feels great. pulls hard in and out of traffic and the pops/burbles are a lot more fun. seems so much easier than dealing with my custom tune knowing that i can just load the file that i want. thanks again guys.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcoPolo For This Useful Post:
Bytetronik (08-08-2017)
  #89  
Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Bytetronik
Bytetronik is online now
Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 494
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo View Post
add another fan to the list. got the bytetronik flash loaded up last friday. while i havent' pushed it full throttle, i've had some chance to do some spirited runs and the car feels great. pulls hard in and out of traffic and the pops/burbles are a lot more fun. seems so much easier than dealing with my custom tune knowing that i can just load the file that i want. thanks again guys.
Thanks for the feedback and support
 
__________________
*** We Don't Simply Offer Tunes... We Offer TUNING SOLUTIONS ***

Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-29-2017, 08:51 PM
MarcoPolo's Avatar
MarcoPolo
MarcoPolo is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Just following up on this thread. I've driven the car for roughly 1,000 miles since i've loaded up the new tune and i still can't be any happier. One of the biggest gripes i had with the old custom tune was that i was overboosting and having to go back to the tuner (~2 hours away) just for them to make a change (that didn't fix my overboosting) was getting pretty frustrating. Being able to load a map from my garage alone is worth having this, putting the tune aside.

The car pulls great across the RPM range. I won't be going to the track again until October, but some spirited driving over the past few weeks has been a lot of fun. Acceleration is quick and instantaneous (ie passing a slow car). did a few back roads over the weekend in upstate NY and coming out of turns, the response was great.

Anyone still undecided on getting this should just give in.
 
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher's Avatar
Minnie.the.Moocher
Minnie.the.Moocher is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth PNW
Posts: 4,142
Thanked 260 Times in 235 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo View Post

Anyone still undecided on getting this should just give in.
I'd love to, but I'm never going to mail my ECU. I need a local source.
 
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-29-2017, 09:08 PM
MarcoPolo's Avatar
MarcoPolo
MarcoPolo is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher View Post
I'd love to, but I'm never going to mail my ECU. I need a local source.
just curious...what's the concern? i was focused on a local source aswell, which was why i went to the local tuner in Connecticut. unfortunately, the tuner just didn't do it right which lead me to looking elsewhere.
 
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher's Avatar
Minnie.the.Moocher
Minnie.the.Moocher is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth PNW
Posts: 4,142
Thanked 260 Times in 235 Posts
Lost ECU or damaged. I was always fearful of it and recently someone posted here on NAM about FEDEX losing the shipment. Not worth the risk for me. If trouble happens with a tune, I don't want to be on the phone or text/email, I want a local shop to make it work.

Sadly the only local resources are either way overpriced or uninterested in returning my phone calls.
 
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:36 AM
johntotah94's Avatar
johntotah94
johntotah94 is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,384
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
  #95  
Old 09-12-2017, 07:50 PM
MarcoPolo's Avatar
MarcoPolo
MarcoPolo is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 801
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
nice...guess i'll have to put up a video as well...after i put the new plugs in
 
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:13 AM
Bytetronik
Bytetronik is online now
Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 494
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
We'll be in the LA/Long Beach area for about one week on some business (the 2nd half of September). If any Socal F56 owners would like to get a custom flash while during that this time, please send us an email "[email protected]"
 
__________________
*** We Don't Simply Offer Tunes... We Offer TUNING SOLUTIONS ***

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bytetronik For This Useful Post:
MQQN (09-13-2017)
  #97  
Old 09-13-2017, 01:36 PM
johntotah94's Avatar
johntotah94
johntotah94 is offline
6th Gear
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,384
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
As there are many differences between dyno's, humidity, temperature, altitude, etc.... It is important to look at solely delta numbers.

Here are a few different dynos I have done on my F56.

2016 MINI Cooper S Hatchback (F56)

Run 1
Mods:
NM Engineering Intake
Muffler delete
JB4 on stock map (pass through)
Power: 202whp 270wtq

Run 2
Mods:
Full Custom 3in Intake System
Full Custom 4in to 3in Turboback Exhaust System
No JB4 (removed), Factory Map
Power: 219whp 295wtq

Run 3
Mods:
Full Custom 3in Intake System
Full Custom 4in to 3in Turboback Exhaust System
One Step Colder Spark Plugs OEM BMW
Bytetronik Custom Tuning
2gal E85 Mix w/ 91
Power: 276whp 373wtq

All the runs are on the latest DynoJet Dyno purchased in 2016 from DynoJet.
No corrections made.

Dyno sheets are posted on the F56 Dyno Thread
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4329711


 

Last edited by johntotah94; 09-13-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Added YouTube Video
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:00 PM
GFB
GFB is offline
3rd Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Morristown, NJ
Posts: 175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How are people finding the long term durability of the JCW auto gearbox with this much torque? Does it slip or have other issues coping? Extremely tempting tune option but would rather not destroy a transmission in short order.
 
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Bytetronik
Bytetronik is online now
Vendor
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 494
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by GFB View Post
How are people finding the long term durability of the JCW auto gearbox with this much torque? Does it slip or have other issues coping? Extremely tempting tune option but would rather not destroy a transmission in short order.
Our Shop 2015 JCW-Auto has been put through all sorts of tests for the past two years and the auto gearbox has no issue handling this torque level. And the drive-ability is superb (even better than stock)

Originally Posted by johntotah94 View Post
As there are many differences between dyno's, humidity, temperature, altitude, etc.... It is important to look at solely delta numbers.

Here are a few different dynos I have done on my F56.

2016 MINI Cooper S Hatchback (F56)

Run 1
Mods:
NM Engineering Intake
Muffler delete
JB4 on stock map (pass through)
Power: 202whp 270wtq

Run 2
Mods:
Full Custom 3in Intake System
Full Custom 4in to 3in Turboback Exhaust System
No JB4 (removed), Factory Map
Power: 219whp 295wtq

Run 3
Mods:
Full Custom 3in Intake System
Full Custom 4in to 3in Turboback Exhaust System
One Step Colder Spark Plugs OEM BMW
Bytetronik Custom Tuning
2gal E85 Mix w/ 91
Power: 276whp 373wtq

All the runs are on the latest DynoJet Dyno purchased in 2016 from DynoJet.
No corrections made.

Dyno sheets are posted on the F56 Dyno Thread
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4329711


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBX9ZXAJM8
Thanks for sharing the results The HP and Torque deltas are within our expectation for the Stage I (WHP gain: +45 to +57 | WTQE gain: +55 to +70).

From the owners' perspective, the three limiter factors to power are: 1) Octane of fuel; 2) IAT (Inlet Air Temp); 3) Exhaust flow

Happy Motoring!
 
__________________
*** We Don't Simply Offer Tunes... We Offer TUNING SOLUTIONS ***

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-14-2017, 01:12 AM
Mimaki
Mimaki is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 25
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do you have any dealers in Australia that can do this flash?
f54 JCW Clubman auto... I believe the auto box is newer/stronger in the F54?
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: