Go Back  North American Motoring > 3rd Generation MINIs > Modifications > Drivetrain (Cooper S)
Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI >

Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI

Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI

Old 04-14-2017, 03:51 PM
#Dragon#
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bytetronik View Post
On the UK Dyno Day, our Stage-1 "S" (Paul Webster MINI) made the most Torque and even beat out two F56 JCWs, but it was a couple of HP behind the Stage-2 mapped JCW... So clutch slippage could have definitely been a factor.

If you look at the other graph from the 1320's Mustang Dyno, the power graph is pretty straight... but the stock clutch was slipping when we were finalizing the tune.

On the streets, the car pulls like mad... and we are on the hunt for a Stage 2 clutch before we install the de-Cat and colder plugs; that's when we can turn the boost up from the current level of 18PSI

I would have thought the coopers s turbo would be getting close to its max how far do you think you can push it ?

Old 04-14-2017, 08:08 PM
BadakVT
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by #Dragon# View Post
I would have thought the coopers s turbo would be getting close to its max how far do you think you can push it ?
I'm curious about this as well, considering stock F56S is only 10-12psi @ WOT.
How bout fueling? I see Bytetronik is targeting 12:1 AFR which is lower than stock. Do you think the injectors can cope with more boost while maintaining 12 ish AFR? Not to mention the additional injector load if you have to run E85 mix to get to 20+ psi.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:40 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Power isn't just made from throwing more psi through the turbo. Timing can also be modified to create more power without running insane amounts of boost.

I wonder if there is an efficiency chart out there for the S and JCW turbo's.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by trentiles View Post
Power isn't just made from throwing more psi through the turbo. Timing can also be modified to create more power without running insane amounts of boost.
That is correct.. making good power is more than just turning up the boost. The plug-in units are probably tricking the ECU and boosting a lot more than 18 PSI; yet our tune adjusted at 18 PSI is making more WHP and a LOT more Wheel Torque...

Old 04-17-2017, 08:19 PM
BadakVT
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That is correct.. making good power is more than just turning up the boost. The plug-in units are probably tricking the ECU and boosting a lot more than 18 PSI; yet our tune adjusted at 18 PSI is making more WHP and a LOT more Wheel Torque...
Actually from my logs, the JB4 only pushes out 13-14 psi on Map1 and 15-16 psi on Map2. AFR hovers around 13:1 @ WOT. This is on B48 F56 S. These boost numbers are not peak numbers but sustained boost @ WOT.

I believe other boxes are running at even less boost, NM on high is only +5psi and Dinan on Race is only +4 psi, where as the JB4 Map2 is +6psi.

The ECU flashes do seem to produce more torque numbers. And I like how you're targeting a richer AFR @ 12:1 ish.

Bytetronik, do you happen to log ignition timing on your dyno runs? I'm a potential customer and I'd like to see as much info as possible before I send out my DME. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2017, 04:56 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Is the software out for north american F56/55 S models?

Is there specific software for those of us with downpipes?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Originally Posted by trentiles View Post
Is the software out for north american F56/55 S models?

Is there specific software for those of us with downpipes?
Yes. We perform customized bench flash based on your list of mods for both US and EU model S.

Customers who do not want to ship their ECU can look us up at AMVIV 2017 for a customized flash

Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 AM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Originally Posted by BadakVT View Post
Actually from my logs, the JB4 only pushes out 13-14 psi on Map1 and 15-16 psi on Map2. AFR hovers around 13:1 @ WOT. This is on B48 F56 S. These boost numbers are not peak numbers but sustained boost @ WOT.

I believe other boxes are running at even less boost, NM on high is only +5psi and Dinan on Race is only +4 psi, where as the JB4 Map2 is +6psi.

The ECU flashes do seem to produce more torque numbers. And I like how you're targeting a richer AFR @ 12:1 ish.
Our target AFR is actually 11.7 and the ECU loves it. On the dyno's AFR, it's measuring at the tailpipe with the OEM CAT intact so the AFR readings are .3 to .4 off actual.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:19 AM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Bytetronik Tuned F56 "S" goes 13.55 Sec (1/4 Mile)

Bytetronik Tuned F56-S runs down the 1/4 mile at 13.55 seconds @ 107.46MPH!!!

Congrats to the 1320 Team

Specs & Mods:
- 2015 "S" F56 Manual (UK Model)
- Shell V-Power pump gas
- JCW Exhaust
- Airtec IC
- 18 PSI
- 298 BHP ~260 WHP (on Lohen's Dyno)
- 473 NM ~349 Engine Torque (on Lohen's Dyno)

=> 261 Wheel HP / 306 Wheel Torque (on the 1320 Mustang Dyno)

Actual Time Slip at Santa Pod

Old 05-08-2017, 07:16 PM
emilio.
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bytetronik,

I was wondering, are you interested to develop a new map for uprated engines? I have a EU Cooper S with JCW Tuning Kit 211hp

After a piston failure, now i’m also uprating all the engine. I will fit:
- Uprated custom forged pistons, with JCW compression ratio, so 10.1 instead of 11.0 of Cooper S. (http://www.gpgarage.it/store/3820/Pi...F56-S-JCW.html)
- Uprated custom connecting rods (http://www.gpgarage.it/store/3819/Bi...F56-S-Jcw.html)
- Modified stock turbocharger with bigger impellers (http://www.gpgarage.it/store/3818/Tu...F56-S-JCW.html)
- Airtec intercooler
- HJS 200 cpsi or de cat downpipe
- JCW Pro exhaust with valve
- Pipercross air filter
- Uprated clutch (Clubman JCW clutch, that will handle more torque)
- Quaife differential

Old 06-12-2017, 12:33 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
With the "Schubblurbben (burble) parameters optimized for more bangs and pop", do you know if it now pops on regular mode without sport mode? Just curious.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Originally Posted by johntotah94 View Post
With the "Schubblurbben (burble) parameters optimized for more bangs and pop", do you know if it now pops on regular mode without sport mode? Just curious.
we can customize it to however you want it

Old 06-23-2017, 11:15 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
we can customize it to however you want it
I would really like a cold start delete. Can you guys find that parameter?

I also have a full 3in intake and full 3in turboback, not sure if we can do any custom tuning.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Bytetronik
Vendor
I would really like a cold start delete. Can you guys find that parameter?

I also have a full 3in intake and full 3in turboback, not sure if we can do any custom tuning.
The cold-start "CAT-heat routine" can be disabled - already done. Working on the data-logging feature right now.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
The cold-start "CAT-heat routine" can be disabled - already done. Working on the data-logging feature right now.
I am ready to purchase. Please reply to my email. Thank you.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:58 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Car smacks you with torque and pulls hard! Thanks guys

Old 07-19-2017, 09:43 AM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Car smacks you with torque and pulls hard! Thanks guys

Old 07-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Summer FLASH SALE!!!

Summer Hot FLASH Special!!!

20% Discount on F56 Tuning!!!

***Limited to 10 Customers***

Normal price for Stage 1 Custom Flash: $695 ***NOW ONLY $555***

Normal price for the OBD2 Flashing module: $300 ***NOW ONLY $240***

Return Shipping is additional: FedEx Ground for ContiUSA $30 (with high value insurance coverage).

To take advantage of this offer, please do the following:
  1. Fill out the Checklist and return it to us => F56 Tuning Checklist
  2. Complete the order form and send it to us; we will send you an invoice => Bytetronik Order Form
***Disclaimer: With our Stage 1 Custom Flash, your F56 should produce approximately 470Nm / ~349 Engine Torque /over 300 Wheel Torque; so if your clutch is weak, then don't get our flash. We are not responsible to your clutch slipping

Parameters Adjusted on our tunes:
  • Cold-start routine delete (optional)
  • Raised Speed limiter (VMAX)
  • Fuel Pressure raised
  • Target Lambda optimized
  • Clutch torque optimized
  • Optimum torque optimized
  • Torque monitors optimized
  • Schubblurbben (burble) parameters optimized for more bangs and pop
  • Schubblurbben (burble) in 'non-Sport Mode' (optional)
  • Race start (launch control) start temperature modified
  • Boost target optimized
  • Target torque optimized
  • Power Meter Display mod (typically set at 320HP /320Torque)
Typical Gains over OEM Stock: +40 to 55 WHP; +60 to 78 WTQE

You will need to remove the ECU from your car and send that in to us for patching. If you do not want your ECU to be opened, then this service is NOT for you.

If you opt for the OBD2 Flashing Module, then you will get two tune files: your OEM tune and the BT Stage1 tune. If you only buy the Stage1 tune, then the tune will be flashed directly onto your ECU.

NOTE: With our Stage1 flash, the dealership has the ability to overwrite (or flash over) the tune in your ECU. If your ECU got a software update at the dealership, then you'll have to send in your ECU to us for 're-patching' to enable OBD flashing once again. The cost of "re-patching" your ECU is $100 plus return shipping.

Happy Motoring!!!

Old 07-28-2017, 04:21 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Worth it over my JB4!

Old 07-28-2017, 05:48 PM
vetsvette
Received 353 Likes on 280 Posts
So, if I buy the "Flashing Module" I wouldn't have to send you the ECU? I can switch back and forth from stock to stage 1 at will? For example... if I have a warranty problem and I have to take it to the dealer can I return it to stock tune and not worry about the dealer being any wiser about it? This is the main reason I'm running an NM piggy back right now, because I can remove it when the car needs service and then re-install it later. I have another 2 years or 25000 miles warranty on my car and don't want to just throw it away.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Originally Posted by vetsvette View Post
So, if I buy the "Flashing Module" I wouldn't have to send you the ECU? I can switch back and forth from stock to stage 1 at will? For example... if I have a warranty problem and I have to take it to the dealer can I return it to stock tune and not worry about the dealer being any wiser about it? This is the main reason I'm running an NM piggy back right now, because I can remove it when the car needs service and then re-install it later. I have another 2 years or 25000 miles warranty on my car and don't want to just throw it away.
Whether or not you buy the "Flashing module", you still have to send the ECU so it can be unlocked for OBD Flashing.

Just a FYI: These new ECUs are so advanced and there are so many algorithms that checks for everything. If they want to find a way to void your warranty, they will "find it" in the ECU even if you're running a piggyback. There is a lot of info contained in the ECU's adaptation data...

Old 07-29-2017, 09:38 AM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the hard work guys. I've sent my ECU already and excited to see how it does. I've learned and realized that going through a custom tune is a lot more annoying. Having the ability to flash any map I want is just so much easier. Looking forward to this.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:49 AM
WhatV8
3rd Gear
<snip)
Just a FYI: These new ECUs are so advanced and there are so many algorithms that checks for everything. If they want to find a way to void your warranty, they will "find it" in the ECU even if you're running a piggyback. There is a lot of info contained in the ECU's adaptation data...
Oh so true, the information will be contained in that little silver box, whether you want to realize it or not. Ever since OBDII, the ECU has a snapshot of what happened just before a failure to view with the right access.

Had a friend that purchased an extended warranty on his ride (not a MINI) and ended up finding the right combination of cornering G-forces and oil levels that didn't mix and fried his engine...not an uncommon failure in that particular car/engine. He reported the failure occurred as he was accelerating onto the expressway at a 'normal' pace. The extended warranty company came back and asked him how the ECU was showing just under 1G of cornering force and just over 7000rpm in 3rd gear when the failure occurred. He had nothing to say, as that is exactly what he was doing when the engine failed (i.e.- making a bonzi run on the on-ramp), so his claim was rejected and the engine replacement was 100% his responsibility. Have fun, but be careful out there!

The following users liked this post:
Bytetronik (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 03:32 PM
Pathy01
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I wish I didn't just sell my other car and could leave the JCW sitting without it's ECU for a while. Overnight back and forth from NY will be expensive. Don't you guys want to make a trip out to the east coast?

Old 07-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Bytetronik
Vendor
Originally Posted by Pathy01 View Post
Man, I wish I didn't just sell my other car and could leave the JCW sitting without it's ECU for a while. Overnight back and forth from NY will be expensive. Don't you guys want to make a trip out to the east coast?
FedEx 2-Day shipping is not that bad. We can typically turn it around within 2 business days. If your ECU's SW version is too new, then we will 'unlock' your ECU and then send it back to you. By the time you receive the ECU, we will have the maps made and email that to you so you can flash it into the ECU.

If you time it correctly, the down time shouldn't be more than 5 business days

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bytetronik ECU Flash/Tune for the F56 B48 MINI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: