Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain From stock to Holy S**T!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
From stock to Holy S**T!

Well as you all see I am new to the MINI world. I just installed the Helix 15% pulley, 1 step colder NGK iridum plugs, Helix short throw shifter and now the Sprint Booster.

I had the pulley installed in Danbury Ct at a very clean and professional shop called http://www.rdzmotorsports.net/. They took the time and answered any and all questions I had. Installation took a short time and I was back on the road. This is the best seat of the pants difference you could feel for this small amount of money.

I did the installation of the Sprint Booster and it took 15 minutes . This is as dramatic as the 15% pulley is. I only played with it in my garage for 5 minute and I can see this will make my MINI even more interesting. Green does seem to be the best, as red is very EXTREME. Green now matches my foot pressure without waiting for it to play catch up. With red I would be afraid to sneeze.

I never saw my DSC light come on so much until now

Old 12-09-2011, 04:54 PM
miniblucabrio
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The pulley makes a huge difference! no need to downshift on the highway now either just gas it and your gone! Next step is a tune

Check out http://nemini.org if you haven't already. We do a lot of different runs throughout the year

Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Thank you I will. I cant wait to meet up with other owners.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:22 PM
miniblucabrio
5th Gear
Be sure to check out this run happening on the 30th. It's a late night run. It's going to be big http://nemini.org/index.php?topic=1853.0

Old 12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
I just registered.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:16 PM
miniblucabrio
5th Gear
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM
iiM x Bosnian
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Braminator
Well as you all see I am new to the MINI world. I just installed the Helix 15% pulley, 1 step colder NGK iridum plugs, Helix short throw shifter and now the Sprint Booster.

I had the pulley installed in Danbury Ct at a very clean and professional shop called http://www.rdzmotorsports.net/. They took the time and answered any and all questions I had. Installation took a short time and I was back on the road. This is the best seat of the pants difference you could feel for this small amount of money.

I did the installation of the Sprint Booster and it took 15 minutes . This is as dramatic as the 15% pulley is. I only played with it in my garage for 5 minute and I can see this will make my MINI even more interesting. Green does seem to be the best, as red is very EXTREME. Green now matches my foot pressure without waiting for it to play catch up. With red I would be afraid to sneeze.

I never saw my DSC light come on so much until now
Lol, "I would be afraid to sneeze". Is it really that legit? I was looking into that and thinking about putting it on my 04 MCS. Suggestions?

Old 12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
A little sarcasm on my part. To me the best comparison would be the throttle on a motorcycle. When you move the throttle you feel it. Green mode is the best for me, it matches the action of my foot on the pedal. You need to experience it understand. Find somebody with it, so you can check it out.