Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain BSH catch can and dual boost port install

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rixter
Fish

Is that just from street driving or track as well?
Rather aggressive street driving. I have not tracked the car yet but I plan to.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Dwight Walhood
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickGun
Okay, so it looks like one of my e-mails must have gotten through to BSH. Despite Sushil's inbox being full, I got an email from a Phil regarding the extra tubing I wanted. Unfortunately, I've already ordered from 42 Draft Designs . Hopefully It's the right stuff.

I suppose that means you can try e-mailing phil@bshspeedshop.com about your missing plug pipe. Good to know someone's keeping an eye on things .

Yo Maverickgun, in case you didn't notice it, take a look at 42 DD's OCC quick drain kit. Might not fit a BSH can, but could give you and idea or 2.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
MaverickGun
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Dwight Walhood
Yo Maverickgun, in case you didn't notice it, take a look at 42 DD's OCC quick drain kit. Might not fit a BSH can, but could give you and idea or 2.
Yeah I saw that. It looks like a nice addition! For the moment though, I think I'll wait and see how difficult it is to drain the OCC without it. Like you said, who knows if it'll fit or not. Worse comes to worst, it's pretty inexpensive clocking in at around $14 before shipping and such. Definitely something to think about

Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Dwight Walhood
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MaverickGun
Yeah I saw that. It looks like a nice addition! For the moment though, I think I'll wait and see how difficult it is to drain the OCC without it. Like you said, who knows if it'll fit or not. Worse comes to worst, it's pretty inexpensive clocking in at around $14 before shipping and such. Definitely something to think about

LOL! Mine's already ordered as I'm using their can (w/o dip stick). Sure looks like it'll beat pulling the can to empty to avoid getting that glop all over everything.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BSH.......... as mentioned by so many ............. came through with flying colors on my missing plug. Within minutes they had the missing piece shipped out and gave me a tracking number.

BSH ........ IS ......... AWESOME. That's what I call customer service. BSH needs to carry MORE mini stuff for me to waste my money on.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:36 AM
BamaCooperS
3rd Gear
Quick Drain Kit

Any news/feedback on if the 42 DD's OCC quick drain kit works with the BSH OCC?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Dwight Walhood
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BamaCooperS
Any news/feedback on if the 42 DD's OCC quick drain kit works with the BSH OCC?

If you have the BSH can, just pull the drain plug and measure it. You can probably find a 90deg valve that size at NAPA, Kragan, etc. I doubt that 42 DD had a custom made valve for their kit. Petrol-proof hose that size can be found anywhere. It's that 3/4" stuff that's a bear to find. Good Luck

Old 06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
BSH Speedshop
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tominizer
BSH.......... as mentioned by so many ............. came through with flying colors on my missing plug. Within minutes they had the missing piece shipped out and gave me a tracking number.

BSH ........ IS ......... AWESOME. That's what I call customer service. BSH needs to carry MORE mini stuff for me to waste my money on.
Thank you for the kind words and thanks to everyone who is now using and supporting our products. We are presently in the design stages of a few new products for the R56 including a modular air intake system and a trick new intercooler pipe for the cold side.

Pics will start coming up as the month continues.

-Cheers!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
BSH Speedshop
Former Vendor
Here is a sneak peak of the up coming modular system.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 AM
dunphyj
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
sweet... gonna make a version with "noise maker delete"? and what general price range for it?

Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Davidoyo
4th Gear
Please don't tell me your label is upside down again

Old 06-19-2010, 10:55 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Davidoyo
Please don't tell me your label is upside down again
Sure looks that way. I asked Sushil when he was still with them what the deal was with their logo being silk screened upside-down. He said that it was not done in house or something to that effect. I think its stupid. Its free advertising. Get it right.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Davidoyo
4th Gear
Originally Posted by onefish2
Sure looks that way. I asked Sushil when he was still with them what the deal was with their logo being silk screened upside-down. He said that it was not done in house or something to that effect. I think its stupid. Its free advertising. Get it right.
I hope they get it fixed before mass production because I can see myself most likely buying this pipe. But I don't want someone to look at my engine bay and say "hey sweet HSB pipe!". At that point I would mostly likely do a facepalm.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:00 AM
ENGINE 58
5th Gear
noisemaker delete

Old 06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
JoniF
1st Gear
Had my BSH Catch Can installed this morning. My last trip to the dealership I was told the car had "massive carbon build-up" and I never want to hear that again. Thanks to everyone here for the great info.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Maugre
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those of you who have a BSH catch can with a dip stick, If you have access to a Mityvac(brake bleeder), drop in the tube, and suck out the gunk.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
JBC4317
4th Gear
Catch Can

I just installed the BSH catch can on my '05 MCS two weeks ago. What a great product. It mounted easily near the firewall to a stud alreadey provided by MINI. What forsight... This is a great design with the baffle to prevent the transfer of gunk potential. It doesn't have a dipstick, however It does have a drain plug. I don't want to go through the hassle of removing the can from its mount each oil change, so I thought I'd just suck the gunk out by removing one of the slip fit lines. I guess I could drill a seperate hole in the top, thread it and put a plug in it and then keep from disconnecting the line to do the siphoning. We'll have to see... Thanks for your great tip!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 PM
09MellowJCW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JBC4317
I just installed the BSH catch can on my '05 MCS two weeks ago. What a great product. It mounted easily near the firewall to a stud alreadey provided by MINI. What forsight... This is a great design with the baffle to prevent the transfer of gunk potential. It doesn't have a dipstick, however It does have a drain plug. I don't want to go through the hassle of removing the can from its mount each oil change, so I thought I'd just suck the gunk out by removing one of the slip fit lines. I guess I could drill a seperate hole in the top, thread it and put a plug in it and then keep from disconnecting the line to do the siphoning. We'll have to see... Thanks for your great tip!
I don't have a dipstick on mine. I just pull one of the hoses off and drain it through there. I put a hose on the end of a plunger type syringe, like onefish did. Same idea, different hole.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Dead Ringer
4th Gear
hey everyone, hopefully BSH doesn't get mad at me, but my car is the one they are using for the intake development. I had Alta products, and the BSH has a smoother feel and overall more tq throughout the usable range. I honestly didn't think I would be able to tell the difference, but there is more grunt in the middle range, and all I can say is its "smoother"! The car will be going back to BSH this week for them to do more tests with and more pictures etc... I think they are going to run some dyno etc. Again I hope they dont mind me talking about it, but I am throughly impressed with the new intake they have made!!

Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Davidoyo
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
hey everyone, hopefully BSH doesn't get mad at me, but my car is the one they are using for the intake development. I had Alta products, and the BSH has a smoother feel and overall more tq throughout the usable range. I honestly didn't think I would be able to tell the difference, but there is more grunt in the middle range, and all I can say is its "smoother"! The car will be going back to BSH this week for them to do more tests with and more pictures etc... I think they are going to run some dyno etc. Again I hope they dont mind me talking about it, but I am throughly impressed with the new intake they have made!!
This sounds like a promising intake.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
BSH Speedshop
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
Thanks for the post!
We are completing development on the following three parts:

BSH Full Intake System
BSH Competition Intake Pipe
BSH Throttle Pipe with integrated modular noise pipe delete and methanol injector integration.

More info in the next few days, expect price competitiveness and overall completeness

Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 PM
ENGINE 58
5th Gear
cant wait to see it.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
BSH Speedshop
Former Vendor
Here is a sneak peak of the charge pipe kit. Fits like a glove too

Old 08-05-2010, 08:10 PM
clnconcpts
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BSH Speedshop
Here is a sneak peak of the up coming modular system.

Doesn't this look awfull close to the alta version?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Davidoyo
4th Gear
Yes it does look like Alta's except the bsh tube will probably last a lot longer than 6 months, unlike Alta.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain BSH catch can and dual boost port install