Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Turbo Street MINI 337whp/278tq @ 16PSI

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Brain1.0
Manufacturer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gsxr 1000 FTW !!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:28 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
: O DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ED955S
Hardcore racers use Turbo over rotrex or s/c right? Why? because winning is everything.
I agree, winning is everything but obviously the turbo has its limitations in front wheel drive........oh wait the fastest time in Rear wheel was also a rotrex........

Originally Posted by Longboard Mini
Wow Hubie I think you took my post the wrong way. I wasn't saying my car was faster in the 1/4 or anywhere for that matter.

I was comparing the usable power for all around driving day to day. Not drag racing kids from light to light .

When that turbo hits controlling wheel spin will absolutely become something you have to deal with. Putting the power down while driving fast say coming out of corners becomes a real problem which makes the car harder to drive.

I've seen the vid of Bob at the track and it's very clear that driving that car smoothly and producing consistent lap times is a hell of a lot of work. You can hear Bob pedaling the accelerator trying to get the power down coming out of corners without lighting the tires up. I'm not saying the car isn't fast it just seems like a handfull to drive.

I know you like stupid fast and the cars you've built prove that. I wasn't comparing anything other then reel drivability. I would love drive a turbo car. Let me know when.

I think the drag mentality might be taking over Fu

Longboard
I think you hit on something most have never thought about........wheelspin and how it affects your time around the track. USEABLE power is everything.

NOT TO MENTION MY CAR IS 300-500lbs HEAVIER.........than their turbo RACE cars...........

It's obvious that reality is hard to accept....
I'm sure it's a tough pill to swallow........ my street car is at least 5sec a lap faster than the turbo race cars.........

Originally Posted by Some Guy
I still think the best way to determine the drivability of a car is to actually drive it...
I agree

[/B]

Lots of people here NOW knows why...
you should understand they used dimsport maps to create their software. I wouldn't brag about that either

Old 03-21-2011, 03:28 PM
NajaNaja
1st Gear
so you are making a reply 2 years later
to prove what?

make a point and cut the ....

i will take a seat and some will help

Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Originally Posted by NajaNaja
to prove what?

make a point and cut the ....

i will take a seat and some will help
I think it proves a great point about how a simple supercharger on a street car can and is much faster than a full built turbo RACE car........exactly what we said 2 years ago.......would you like more popcorn with that?

Last edited by Revolution Mini Works; 03-21-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
SRT4
Banned
Originally Posted by NajaNaja
to prove what?
to prove how much of a tool he is

Old 03-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SRT4
to prove how much of a tool he is
The tool is the Dodge Neon owner with 4 post's talking smack on a guy who has been in the community since the beginning. Remember, no matter what you do it's still a Neon

Longboard

Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
If putting your money, time and expertise where your mouth is, is being a tool, then Jan is a major tool.......and from the recent results from his supercharged street car, a damn good one....

Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM
AXO
5th Gear
F-ing Crazy!!!! Almost 400hp from a 1.6 liter on 91 pump gas Holy Moly! The fun I would have with this thing! WOW!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Revolution Mini Works

NOT TO MENTION MY CAR IS 300-500lbs HEAVIER.........than their turbo RACE cars...........

I'm sure it's a tough pill to swallow........ my street car is at least 5sec a lap faster than the turbo race cars.........
Thanks for digging this thread out of its 2 year hole... you really go out of your way to cause trouble. 5 seconds faster eh? Are we going to have this same argument we did last year to get you to come to the track and never show?

Back to the real reason this thread exists... Excellent work to Dr. Fuh and team. This community suffered an irreplaceable loss when these people are bullied away.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
UKSUV
6th Gear
WOW....Ive been gone from NAM almost 2 years and somehow this BS seems like 3rd grade deja vu that was on here when I left....Ill pull up my bag of popcorn also..... .

And AZFannyBandit....what are you doing this weekend? When is XDC @ Firebird? This weekend or next? I want to go. Oh and btw....how did the tranny pull go? Sorry I had to bounce....I was so smashed. Sunday, I had such a massive hangover. Pulling that trans wouldnt have been a good idea for me.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:44 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
Tranny swap went smooth... Ill tell ya, Dr. Fuh sure does know his stuff. And still can troop it out all night to make magic happen.

Too bad this community lost Dr. Fuh, Brain 1.0 and many others of their stature... they sure were a knowledge base never to be replaced in this community.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Originally Posted by AZblackOUT

Too bad this community lost Dr. Fuh, Brain 1.0 and many others of their stature... they sure were a knowledge base never to be replaced in this community.

you mean like going slower than a street car?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:22 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
Oh and Jay and Mike at Mynes, Tuls... Your BS has cost this community alot of very knowledgeable people that were are the forefront of aftermarket development for MINI's in the US. So again, Thanks Jan. Unfortunately you are all we have left.. But I guess you should get back to your marketing tactics as we all know you were the best at that. Nice monopoly you have created for yourself.. I am actually impressed on that. Too bad it doesnt help a Community whatsoever having a Monopoly. Aren't those Illegal in the US?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
you have been mighty busy with the search function tonight.........

care to answer my questions on the data ?

OR
you going to ignore the obvious again?

Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
What? What data? What question? Yeah, maybe I am missing the obvious here

Is this what you need an answer to? This "Data"?

Jan, you rarely give a straight answer to ANYONE's question, even you own customers when you playing "What's in my box" or talking about the NEW, LATEST, GGGGREATEST that you are developing that dies off. Yes, a simple search function can see all of it. People are starting to notice, and the missing posters around this forum are the just ONE of the many adverse affects this community has suffered. I could start a thread posting all the illegitimate answers you have given in this thread and many others to people's questions... You're vagueness and tactics are at an end here buddy. There are too many customers of yours you should be attending to anyways other than squabbling with me. Any questions you have on the data here should be directed to Hubie Fuh, Brain, or Mynes as they are the ones who played a role in developing this car. But you know that, instead you expect me to go fetch it for you But thats not really it... you just want to bash. Well bash away... you already chased them out of here. Send them an email if you are so inclined to get answers.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:51 PM
AZblackOUT
5th Gear
And furthermore, this thread is a great example of something good... that you just couldnt deal with being open... so you dig it up to bash, KNOWING that these guys dont bother to come here anymore after 2 years. What a joke dood.. seriously, help the customers you have rather than spend your time bashing away at others. Again.. monopolies are illegal in the US for a REASON... and you are helping to prove why.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:13 AM
KC Jr 54
4th Gear

Jan you really do make some 'neat' things at RMW, but my god you are douche. What on earth is the point in digging up a 2 yr old thread to talk smack to people who arent even members any longer ?

I really wish NAM would have had the ***** to shut you down years ago, instead of allowing you to run rampant on here. There are a lot of people all over the world that have sworn to NEVER buy anything from you, and it is not b/c of your "work" but your child like behavior on every single MINI forum there is. I swore a long time ago to never buy anything (or allow other people) from you or your company, and by doing this ^^^ you have just solidified that.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:31 AM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KC Jr 54

Jan ............ my god you are douche. What on earth is the point in digging up a 2 yr old thread to talk smack to people who arent even members any longer ?

I really wish NAM would have had the ***** to shut you down years ago, instead of allowing you to run rampant on here. There are a lot of people all over the world that have sworn to NEVER buy anything from you, and it is not b/c of your "work" but your child like behavior on every single MINI forum there is. I swore a long time ago to never buy anything (or allow other people) from you or your company, and by doing this ^^^ you have just solidified that.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:39 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Originally Posted by onasled
Plus now I hear he is slamin on a local Aussie forum

Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
Plus now I hear he is slamin on a local Aussie forum
actually D-man started the slamming, I was there correcting erroneous info about us

but thanks for attention

Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
actually D-man started the slamming, I was there correcting erroneous info about us

but thanks for attention
No problem Thanks for keepin this thread up top

Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM
firenewt
4th Gear
Never mind..............

Last edited by firenewt; 05-08-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Flame suit too small
Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM
cargod4490
3rd Gear
how much did all your engine mods cost? just wondering if it is cheaper then the rotrex package.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 AM
firenewt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cargod4490
how much did all your engine mods cost? just wondering if it is cheaper then the rotrex package.
I've been modding Fizzgig since spring 2003 and I have no idea how much I've spent. I have a guess but never have run a total. It's nice being the only grownup in the house.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Turbo Street MINI 337whp/278tq @ 16PSI