Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Does anyone own the m7 AGS-R???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone own the m7 AGS-R???

I have been wondering about this for sometime as to why no one has made a thread on how they like the AGS-R. If there is and my searching skills need some work, please re-direct me. I am extremely interested in this product. So, anyone own one that would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:01 PM
chakraj
5th Gear
I am also interested in it. But I did the same thing as everyone else. I went out and got the Alta CAI first thing, then I thought how I wished i could get the cold air from the scoop so I bought the DDMRam air. now i am into my air intake 600.00$ which i can live with. Then I found what I was looking for in the first place the AGS-R but its 600.00 which I was willing to pay. But if I get it now, then I would be into my Air intake for 1200.00. that would officially make me an ******* (there is a very good chance I am one anyway). How can I spend 1200.00 on an air intake. DARN, anyway thats why i dint get one, yet........

Last edited by chakraj; 09-15-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
well, who isnt looking for an ALTA CAI haha im sure you could sell it for sure! and same goes for the DDM. You would eventually be getting maybe between a good amount to a great amount USD which you could then put towards a AGS-R. I bought the ALTA, but have been waiting for this updated housing for awhile because the old one was rattling so I took it off. I had to custom my own box/shield, but I recently just purchased the m7 vortex scoop...and I thought hmmmmmm what an addition that would be...Also, not to mention the extra cost for paint as it states on thier website...it doesnt come in a nice black finish like in the pics...I dont have a huge problem dropping in the money...but the main reason why ALTA sells so many parts is because of proven power...m7 where are the graphs!! lol I'm going to call Peter tomorrow and see what he can tell me...I'll update.

Back to the OP, anyone?

Thanks for your input chakraj.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:48 AM
got.pho?
4th Gear
Ill take the ram air if its not too expensive =p

dtsoccer. you have everything! haha im so jealous of your car. anyways, I hope you end up getting what your looking for

Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 AM
mitemini
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have mine sitting im my garage now but waiting till I get my Vortex scoop back from the painter to install. And Im about 500 miles shy of full break in on the car. I'll let you know when I get it. Im sure it will yield better sound and performance. But I have my doubts that the butt dyno will feel it.

I'll keep you up to date.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 AM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
hahaha got pho, keep posted I have more mods coming...should turn out great! In the meantime, I have spoke to peter at m7 and I'm 95 percent sure I will get the AGS-R...mitemini, if you install before me, let me know like you said what you think...now unless you have other mods...it wont be a gigantic increase in power but, if its anything like the alta, and it is, you will most certainly feel the accel boost. Ordering when I get out of class...Peter told me about some awesome things he's doing today! I'm not going to spill, you can find out for yourself ...I installed my BBK today and it looks awesome! Will update in my OT in interior/exterior.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
I will let you know....

Ya have an exhaust, uppipe, downpipe, Unichip and the AGS-R to install.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Well then sir, that is quite a lineup, I applaud your patience, the night i got the mini home back in nov 07, i ripped out the intake box and threw on my alta cai...my stock air box/filter has about 8 miles on it you will deff feel your power increase over stock...im sure your 500 miles will come before my shipment...are you going to paint the AGS-R? is the black gel coat look good enough to just install? Thanks!!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM
mitemini
3rd Gear
I think the stock black gelcoat that is on the intake is fine for install. Its real smooth and looks nice, im a stickler for detail and its going on stock.

I just did the Joey mod to my headlights today.

I have a lot to do still but sitting in my garage now are painted arches, head light trim, tail light trim, gas cap, exhaust, downpipe, uppipe, BOV, M7 AGSR & heat shield, M7 coilovers, MSport control arms, MSport sway bar, tires (wheels arent done yet but Keskin KT4).

Old 09-18-2008, 12:28 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
I hope no one knows where you live! Thats awesome that you have all that already. Of course, you need to take pictures of the joey mod...what color is your MINI?

Happy to know the gel coat is nice, Peter told me it looks better painted but the pictures look good on the website so thanks for clearing that up. Still might paint it body color anyways, we'll see...listen, when you get your car modded up you need to post pictures for sure, those upgrades sound sweet, keep it up!

Meantime, I finally took pictures today, will post tonight. My new whalen black handle delrin shift **** on my Cravenspeed SSK and my Detriot Tuned BBK. Also, the Gripper 115!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:36 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
Car is Chili red

I did the Joey mod black with red rings. I think it look good. It will be even better once I get the M7 upper and lower grills.

I will post picts of it tonight. While Im at it I may see if I can get any good shots of the intake as well so you can see. I may paint mine too just not sure yet. After I get it on I'll figure it out. Just waiting for my M7 Vortex scoop to get here then its going on.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:20 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Good deal!! Hope all works out! Nice man, your MINI is going to look really nice with all that exterior stuff.

Yeah pictures would be awesome! Thats what I was going to to do with my HL's because I have an AB/B with Red as theme inside and out. Can't wait to see...

Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
Here is my Joey mod......anybody thats not sure they can do it, can. Its very easy. Only one word of advise to those wanting to do the newer R56 Xenons. Make sure you have a good range of TORX drivers it uses about 5 different sizes.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
myminirox
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mitemini
Here is my Joey mod......anybody thats not sure they can do it, can. Its very easy. Only one word of advise to those wanting to do the newer R56 Xenons. Make sure you have a good range of TORX drivers it uses about 5 different sizes.

Niiiiiiiice!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:45 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
Installed it today and am going to have to change my mind on the paint. Yes it needs it. It can go on the way it is but it would look much better with a shot of gloss black or whatever to cover up some of the tooling flaws.

But it is a well designed unit. Havent driven with it yet but look forward to it.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
dude...pictures...pleaseeeeee hahaha. Good to know about the paint. Something you could do yourself or you going to take it to a paint guy. Also, is this thing one giant piece or is it smaller parts put together? Thanks man! I cant wait for mine!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
I'll get some tomorrow....(try anyway) Im picking up my other mini from paint so it may be later in the day. If you have some good rattle can skills then I think it can be done home grown paint job. If you want perfect then take it to a shop. I think I will attempt the rattle can solution first.

It consists of the heat shield, box and intake are one big unit, and then the cover for the box, a bag of assorted screws, bolts and the 3 plugs.

I got the AGSR put on, shorty antenna, tail light rings, and the hood scoop today. Maybe this weekend get the rest of the body mods on.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 PM
chakraj
5th Gear
How does it drive? better, worst any feedback?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 PM
dtsoccer6
5th Gear
Thanks for the info! Sweet man, keep it up, should be looking good now! Just installed my body color vortex scoop, side repeaters, HLRs, TLRs. Looks Awesome! Next week I'm gettin gloss black painted door handles, gas cap and beltline. I can't for it to be tied together! Anyways, do post! Thanks!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:49 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
How does your vortex scoop fit???? Mine is ok but not great, just curious.

Havent driven it yet but tomorrow.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
morbius
Dr. Morbius
On my mini I opted for the super ags with my JCW tune. It has been a wonderful performance gain and mileage increase. I am also using the vortex scoop, pics attached.

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone own the m7 AGS-R???-998.jpg   Does anyone own the m7 AGS-R???-999.jpg  
Old 09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
mitemini
3rd Gear
Looks good Morbius!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:29 AM
myminirox
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mitemini
I'll get some tomorrow....(try anyway) Im picking up my other mini from paint so it may be later in the day. If you have some good rattle can skills then I think it can be done home grown paint job. If you want perfect then take it to a shop. I think I will attempt the rattle can solution first.

It consists of the heat shield, box and intake are one big unit, and then the cover for the box, a bag of assorted screws, bolts and the 3 plugs.

I got the AGSR put on, shorty antenna, tail light rings, and the hood scoop today. Maybe this weekend get the rest of the body mods on.
The heat shield is a thing of beauty! Just bolt it on.

I haven't installed the intake yet, did you encounter any problems, or have any tips? Also, I am still wavering on painting it - please let us know how that goes and post pix if you can.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:30 AM
myminirox
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by morbius
On my mini I opted for the super ags with my JCW tune. It has been a wonderful performance gain and mileage increase. I am also using the vortex scoop, pics attached.
Nicce install. That scoop is a work of art!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 AM
mitemini
3rd Gear
No just follow the directions. They dont come with it but if you go to there site under technical there is a complete install guide.

Took me about 10-15 minutes if that.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Does anyone own the m7 AGS-R???