Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Anybody else waiting for ALTA cold air intake to ship? Anybody know good alternative?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:48 AM
flav
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else waiting for ALTA cold air intake to ship? Anybody know good alternative?

Anybody else waiting for an ALTA cold air intake to ship??!!! I placed my order almost 2 weeks ago and they keep telling me the FILTER FOAM part is on backorder. its getting nice out and im really wanting a CIA. my buddy was all set to help me install it last weekend and it never showed up. i called yesterday and they said maybe next week now. i can't imagine there are that many of us with R56 coopers ordering CIAs that they would have a problem keeping up with demand.

anybody have an alternative cold air intake they would recommend in this case?

Old 04-16-2008, 07:03 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Search for threads on doing it yourself. I spent $30 and can feel and especially hear the difference...

..or wait for the Alta one which will probably gain a bit better than anything you put together.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 AM
flav
5th Gear
just got email confirmation it has shipped. ill report on what i think when i get it installed!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by flav
Anybody else waiting for an ALTA cold air intake to ship??!!! I placed my order almost 2 weeks ago and they keep telling me the FILTER FOAM part is on backorder. its getting nice out and im really wanting a CIA. my buddy was all set to help me install it last weekend and it never showed up. i called yesterday and they said maybe next week now. i can't imagine there are that many of us with R56 coopers ordering CIAs that they would have a problem keeping up with demand.

anybody have an alternative cold air intake they would recommend in this case?
Sorry there was a delay. The filter folks accidentally shipped us red sleeves vs. black sleeves first. Took a bit to get it straightened out. My apologies for any issue. I hope you do enjoy the part once it is installed.

Let me know if I can ever help in the future!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Mini Me GB
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell me about it - I'm in the UK and have been trying to get hold of one for 3 weeks. I considered going elsewhere but the customer service from Alta has been good and I'd probably end up with an inferior product if I went for something else. Since yours was shipped today flav maybe mine will be on its way shortly *please!*.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Mini Me GB
Tell me about it - I'm in the UK and have been trying to get hold of one for 3 weeks. I considered going elsewhere but the customer service from Alta has been good and I'd probably end up with an inferior product if I went for something else. Since yours was shipped today flav maybe mine will be on its way shortly *please!*.
Oh god lets hope! I know they released about 50 pieces in the past few days. So you should be in that stack.

Any info you can share in a PM and we can certainly trace the order.

Thanks again!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Mini Me GB
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope so, I'm not sure it will be in the 50 though as my first order disappeared somewhere. Ken is getting it put back in the system and is going to get back to me with a tracking number soon.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM
ghosthound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by phantasms
Search for threads on doing it yourself. I spent $30 and can feel and especially hear the difference...

..or wait for the Alta one which will probably gain a bit better than anything you put together.
im not saying the alta unit is worse... but why would the alta intake be better than a diy intake?? Beside the fancy mounting braket alta has... the DIY intake is pretty much the same thing.

the alta unit does look a lot better though

Old 04-16-2008, 07:48 PM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ghosthound
im not saying the alta unit is worse... but why would the alta intake be better than a diy intake?? Beside the fancy mounting braket alta has... the DIY intake is pretty much the same thing.

Well if you must know....the only reason I said it was to gain Alta brownie points when I pull the trigger on a bunch of mods. Plus I way respect their customer service...and I'm not even a customer yet.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:29 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by phantasms
Well if you must know....the only reason I said it was to gain Alta brownie points when I pull the trigger on a bunch of mods. Plus I way respect their customer service...and I'm not even a customer yet.
NICE! Consider your nose brown!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:32 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor

There is of course some validity to this comment. But it could be the same as saying, "Well I found this fender for my car to replace the one that was dented. My car is black. This one is Green. It works exactly the same and it was cheaper." Functions the same, but doesn't look or "feel" as good as if it was the proper part and painted to match.

I MEAN NO OFFENSE OR POKEYNESS.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 PM
ghosthound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI
There is of course some validity to this comment. But it could be the same as saying, "Well I found this fender for my car to replace the one that was dented. My car is black. This one is Green. It works exactly the same and it was cheaper." Functions the same, but doesn't look or "feel" as good as if it was the proper part and painted to match.

I MEAN NO OFFENSE OR POKEYNESS.
No harm done, in fact this is 100% what i mean... if your not much for aesthetics, then you will be perfectly happy with a DIY intake... Otherwise, i think the ALTA piece looks awesome and is priced reasonably against other CAI.

Not to mention they use foam filters which are far superior to the typical paper filter in every aspect.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor
No harm done, in fact this is 100% what i mean... if your not much for aesthetics, then you will be perfectly happy with a DIY intake... Otherwise, i think the ALTA piece looks awesome and is priced reasonably against other CAI.

Not to mention they use foam filters which are far superior to the typical paper filter in every aspect.
Thanks!