Drag Racing 1/8 and 1/4 Mile MINI Runs

Fastest non-nitrous or twincharged MINI

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
spillman
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So let me get this straight... You want to race for 10 grand. As long as I use nitrous I don't think it will even be a competition. I could care less about your 60' times hp for hp I will walk you.

And just for the record with my old 215/45/16 tires the best I did was a 2.15. Now that I can even the playing field with 225/45/16 tires I just got in the mail we will see what happens.

Give me a date and time.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:33 PM
british kompressor
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is getting quite interesting...

if this takes place, I want a video online.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
<instigator>Why stop at $10k? Race for pinks. :smile:</instigator>

Old 11-21-2005, 01:44 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sure... but... of course we will be spraying too at that point... that and i shouldn't offer the pink slip to my buddies car without asking permison huh... ha ha ha...

seriously though... we would love for you to come out! It would be fun! I would even try to get the weekend off so we could do some day racing instead of night racing... night racing sucks out here due to track temps... (cold track = shitty sixty foots)but it would be fun (its tough to get weekends off in sales)

Spillman what is your best time with nitrous??? and are you spraying out of the hole?

Also, spillman... you 60' makes or brakes your run... you should pay more attention to that... and hp for hp you will lose if we spray... i don't know how else to say it... your car isn't that much faster and you are using a bottle... so when we add some squeeze you shouldn't be much of a problem...

Old 11-21-2005, 01:45 PM
motorsports3
3rd Gear
Just to make sure you understand it is a heads up race on a protree. I don't care what time you run. Whoever gets there first wins regarless of the time.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:51 PM
motorsports3
3rd Gear
If I can spray I will race for pinks anyday of the week!

Old 11-21-2005, 02:28 PM
minicoop78
4th Gear
This little get together needs to take place. I love heads up drag racing... We could video tape it and send it to speed to show them what thier show "pinks" should have been.

Old 11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Paul Webster
Banned
Now where is that number for that container firm we used in Feburary for the World Street Race, ahhh here it is what date did u say??

Oh did I forget to mention that there was 4 USA cars 4 Canadian cars and 4 UK cars and guess who was in the final

Go to www.redvictor1racing.co.uk and click on world street race

Old 11-21-2005, 06:51 PM
spillman
5th Gear
I'm not sure how you will be making as much power as me if you plan on runnign stock pistons. They don't hold more then 300hp. And I will be running a bit more then that.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:33 AM
kwkshift
2nd Gear
Here, let me help everyone:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/schedule.htm

minicoop78: I am the true "old Mustang guy." Get it straight.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:11 AM
1FSTMINI
6th Gear
Whoooooooooooooa......10k race? someones got a big mouth and i call bullsh*t. If those guys had 10k to put up on a race , id think there car would be faster than just mid 13's...... But this is funny to watch. GAME ON!

Old 11-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
I'll give the OLD part that for sure...LOL

Originally Posted by kwkshift
Here, let me help everyone:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/schedule.htm

minicoop78: I am the true "old Mustang guy." Get it straight.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:26 AM
isellem
5th Gear
or perhaps we choose to spend our money on other things! And thats why some of us have 10K to **** away. we dont put every last nickle and dime into our cars! We make investments that yeild a return thus giving us money to play with... such as cars... not all of us only own a MINI, we like to modify our other cars too!

Do I think we need to race for 10K. NO... I will race anybody for FREE! I just love racing...
Now 10K would make the bottle go on the car though.
This was a post regarding the fastest non nitrous non twin charged car. Then spillman said that he didn't believe our 60 foots, obviously because he didn't think it was possible... so we posted the slip. Then all of a sudden the guy who cared so much about our 60' and whether or not it was real, suddenly doesn't care about 60' times... and now wants to talk real heads up racing....

So what are you calling ********? The times... because the slips are posted... so... what else would you like to see or know about...
Honestly i don't think spillman is going to drive out from carolina to run his car(which he said he would like to pay us a little visit) with us much like i can't drive out thier to run againt his car (which is why i never offered) So where does that leave us... do we have to film it or something? I don't know... you tell me!:smile: Whatever it takes to stop everyone from hating and doubting the times... just let me know...

If you don't belive the cash... what would you like us to do... take a picture of the cash? I don't get it... Where is the ********?

Old 11-22-2005, 08:52 AM
1FSTMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by isellem
or perhaps we choose to spend our money on other things! And thats why some of us have 10K to **** away. we dont put every last nickle and dime into our cars! We make investments that yeild a return thus giving us money to play with... such as cars... not all of us only own a MINI, we like to modify our other cars too!

Do I think we need to race for 10K. NO... I will race anybody for FREE! I just love racing...
Now 10K would make the bottle go on the car though.
This was a post regarding the fastest non nitrous non twin charged car. Then spillman said that he didn't believe our 60 foots, obviously because he didn't think it was possible... so we posted the slip. Then all of a sudden the guy who cared so much about our 60' and whether or not it was real, suddenly doesn't care about 60' times... and now wants to talk real heads up racing....

So what are you calling ********? The times... because the slips are posted... so... what else would you like to see or know about...
Honestly i don't think spillman is going to drive out from carolina to run his car(which he said he would like to pay us a little visit) with us much like i can't drive out thier to run againt his car (which is why i never offered) So where does that leave us... do we have to film it or something? I don't know... you tell me!:smile: Whatever it takes to stop everyone from hating and doubting the times... just let me know...

If you don't belive the cash... what would you like us to do... take a picture of the cash? I don't get it... Where is the ********?
I would like to think your not that dumb to run someone for 10 grand over 60ft times or even have the ballz to put it up.

I thought we werent allowed to talk about racing on here.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by 1FSTMINI

I thought we werent allowed to tralk about racing on here.
you can not STREET RACE...this is track racing

Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM
kwkshift
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tuls
you can not STREET RACE...
BLASPHEMY!!!

Old 11-22-2005, 10:56 AM
1FSTMINI
6th Gear
o ok.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Paul Webster
Banned
Hey Isellem / Motorsports3

I've just been comparing the time slips, am I right in saying that the only changed you made between Speedworld and Firebird is a taller tyre which eliminated the 4th to 5th gear change.

What size tyre did you put on?

When you look at the timeslips you posted you gained since last time out;

60ft .047
60-330ft .045
330-660 .112

So the extra footprint of the tyre is really helping or the track was a lot better, but the extra hieght looks like its hindering at the top end because you lost;

660-1320ft -.087

or was it because you were bouncing it off the rev limiter??

Were the tyres spinning at all in the 60ft??

You should see the calculations I worked out what you would be running on nitrous

Old 11-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by kwkshift
BLASPHEMY!!!

we can not discuss that here old man....

Old 11-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Cooper_Si
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Paul Webster
Now where is that number for that container firm we used in Feburary for the World Street Race, ahhh here it is what date did u say??

Oh did I forget to mention that there was 4 USA cars 4 Canadian cars and 4 UK cars and guess who was in the final

Go to www.redvictor1racing.co.uk and click on world street race
I think your enthusiasm is awesome !!!

Old 11-23-2005, 03:43 AM
Paul Webster
Banned
Cheers Si but lucky for you you don't have to live me, just ask Emma what jobs still need doing :impatient

Old 11-23-2005, 12:06 PM
motorsports3
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 1FSTMINI
I would like to think your not that dumb to run someone for 10 grand over 60ft times or even have the ballz to put it up.

I thought we werent allowed to talk about racing on here.
Your absolutely correct, I wasn't going to race him for $10k over a 60ft. I was going to race him in a heads up 1/4 mile. The faster car does not always win that race.

Call all the ******** you want, you just don't know me. Anyone on this board who actually knows me will tell you I would put a $10k up for that race anytime. I believe I would win in a heads up race. I keep emphasizing the heads up part because I think the majority of the people reading this don't understand that heads up doesn't me the faster car wins.

That being said, the car was sold today. I no longer own it or can say if it will be raced anymore. The car did go to someone who is involved with ALMS and has previously won Daytona, Sebring, and Lemans

Old 11-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Paul Webster
Banned
Unfortunatley profit is profit

Old 11-23-2005, 01:42 PM
1FSTMINI
6th Gear
oook......anyways

Spillman......Anytime you wanna meet up at Englishtown or Atco, let me know.....My friends car should be ready by spring.....Just gotta go get the motor from the machine shop and throw it back in and dyno tune the pig. .....Ill bet ya a $1

Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 PM
isellem
5th Gear
just so you know... this isn't the last you will here of us drag racing... their will be more to come in the future... hate to leave a suspensfull post... but... you will just have to wait and see...

Quick Reply: Fastest non-nitrous or twincharged MINI