Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

The Detailers Paradise website is back up and running!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Detailers Paradise website is back up and running!

Yes, it's true... we're finally up and running again. Yay!

As you can imagine, 20 days of lost sales revenue has been a crushing blow to us. So, we are thrilled to finally have a website running again! We think you will enjoy the new look and functionality of the new site.

Here are a few points/updates about the new site:
  • Ordering is working great and related functionality is as smooth as buttah.
  • We still have a few products to load to the new site but you will find that all of our Prima products and our most popular microfiber are there, as well as several other products (such as Black Wow).
  • Bundles are not yet on the site due to an uploading bug that we are still working on with tech support. In the meantime, please visit our Amazon Storefront (click HERE) to order our bundles. Tech support is not optimistic on being able to fix this issue but we continue to pressure them for a solution.
  • Most microfiber becomes discounted when you buy 3 or more (for Waffle-Weave Drying Towels the discount kicks in when you buy 2 or more).
  • Shipping: Our shipping charge methodology has changed. Instead of estimating shipping charges based on order total, we now use real-time UPS quotes based on actual weights. This will benefit those who are ordering light items like microfiber. Yes, sometimes this will also result in charges higher than what you would have paid under the old system. Note that we have not "padded" the shipping weights or added any surcharges; labor and boxes, etc. are still paid for by us, not you. Above all, the charges will be fair and actual. You only pay for what you're shipping. Why the change? UPS keeps increasing rates and we can't keep up! Under the old system, we lost significant money from subsidizing shipping charges. Under the new system, while we will still lose money on shipping, we won't lose nearly as much. This means that we can continue to offer you good pricing on products and tools while still managing to feed ourselves and pay mortgage. And, it is a fair system for you, our customers, with no surcharges or padding. By the way... UPS charges a base fee for all shipments and then adds small price increase increments as you add weight... therefore, as you add more items to your cart, your shipping charge per item will usually go down. (like you need extra incentive to add to your cart! ) Of course, we still offer FREE SHIPPING for all orders over $300!
Also, we now offer more UPS shipping options! We hope this broader offering will help meet everyone's budget and delivery speed needs better than before. Here are the UPS service levels we now offer:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
*Note that delivery commitments are based on shipping the same day you have placed your order, as long as the order is placed by 3pm Mountain Standard Time and all items are in-stock. Please contact us if you have any questions about UPS delivery commitments.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the new website or the new shipping methodology. Also, your feedback is always very welcome! www.DetailersParadise.com

A BIG thanks to all of you for your ongoing support and Amazon orders as we went through this tough time!

-Heather

Last edited by Prima Car Care; 06-17-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added shipping options info
Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
site looks good. actually, didn't your site go up a couple of days ago? i was about to post the new site look on the must be summer we are all out busy washing our cars like mad thread... but got yanked away from my pc while i was at work and forgot to post..

Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I do love the new design. Much easier to navigate.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by kenchan
site looks good. actually, didn't your site go up a couple of days ago? i was about to post the new site look on the must be summer we are all out busy washing our cars like mad thread... but got yanked away from my pc while i was at work and forgot to post..
Well, yes... it has been up for several days now but we wanted to wait until we had all of the Prima products loaded and at least the microfiber too- before announcing it.

Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
I do love the new design. Much easier to navigate.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it, Jeremy.

-Heather

Old 06-16-2009, 08:56 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats to your re-opening!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by kenchan
congrats to your re-opening!
Thanks, kenchan!

-Heather

Old 06-19-2009, 04:18 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
I ordered online the other day. Very easy to navigate the new site, and lots of goodies to choose from.

It worked well for me; I hope it works well for you at DP too!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by tedswoods
I ordered online the other day. Very easy to navigate the new site, and lots of goodies to choose from.

It worked well for me; I hope it works well for you at DP too!
Cool! Thank you for the feedback. Other than a few issues here and there (and still no way to get bundles on there! ), it is significantly more efficient and smooth for us on our end.

Thanks for your order too!

-Heather

Old 06-19-2009, 05:48 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Love your motto.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
wjonesiv
2nd Gear
Thanks...i washed my wifes volvo xc 90 and used the last of my mystic, black wow, nero, hydro, and i was already out of slick and clarity....I had a mild panic attack when i visited the site and saw an absence of the bundles. Thanks for the insider update.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:49 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
I've got some Prima products, now. Looking forward to using them. I must offer some constructive comment, however, about the descriptions on the web site. Some products appear so similar I cannot tell which one I should want.

Example is Finish and Swirl. The write-ups are so similar they appear to draw a distinction without a difference. Same can be said of Epic and Banana Gloss. Though I expect it is heresy here to say so, I could add Hydro to this latter group to make a trio among which it is hard to understand their meaningful differences and uses. This especially applies to the uninitiated. A couple of sentences that help us understand how to make the choice would be very helpful.
RC