DC Metro MINIs (Archive) The old DC Metro MINIs club forum, now closed. Visit their new forums at www.dcmetrominis.org/forums

[Sun, Aug 5 @ 5:00pm] Black Crowes concert

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Sun, Aug 5 @ 5:00pm] Black Crowes concert

OK, I tried to stir up some interest in the Concert/Music Fanatics? thread (post #6), and a few people seemed interested, but I want to make this happen for sure.

The Black Crowes... they'll be in Asburn, VA (out past Dulles Airport & near Sterling, VA... yes, near MoS) on Sunday, August 5, at the Loudon Summer Music Fest. The venue is Belmont Country Club.

General Admission tickets (i.e. lawn) are only $17 (before processing fees) and "Golden Circle" tickets (unassigned seats up close) are $35. Gates open at 5pm.

Who's interested? As far as I can tell, tickets are still available. I haven't bought mine yet, I'm curious to see who else wants to go and what type of ticket they'd prefer. I could go either way, myself... but I suspect that GA tickets will be easier to get us grouped together. Tickets are sold at Ticketstobuy.com.

Also, for those of you in MD who would like to see them but think that Ashburn is too far, they're also playing in Baltimore on Tuesday, August 7 at 7:30pm. Those tickets are $45 each though (before "convenience fees")... blame Ticketmaster for that one! (the Ashburn tickets are NOT through Ticketmaster but the Baltimore ones are).

If you don't know who The Black Crowes are, you have no idea what you're missing. Just take a look at their Wikipedia page to get an idea. Awesome rock and roll.

So, who's in? BigSky? ravana? Anyone?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:29 AM
Rowan
5th Gear
I'm up for it, just let me know which section to buy tix in. I don't wanna end up in the wrong section!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by ravana
I'm up for it, just let me know which section to buy tix in. I don't wanna end up in the wrong section!
Hmm - look at this:

Loudon Summer Music Festival - Gold Circle Information

Most notably:
Originally Posted by LSMF - GCI
300 to 400 Gold Circle seats will be made available, sold on a first come/first served basis. Seating WITHIN the Gold Circle is not assigned. There are not specific seats to match specific tickets.
Which does make the Gold Circle tickets more of a possiblity. Are you up for the additional charge to sit closer? (and not having to bring a chair or blanket, etc). I don't care about being ALL the way at the front (being squashed by the crowd isn't fun... am I getting old? LOL) but I do like to have a good seat that is still close, so you can see everything better.

If $35 + fees per ticket is a bit more than you wanted to spend, then let's just get lawn seats.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Rowan
5th Gear
I don't mind spending the $35 at all. Let me know.

btw....I heard on the radio this evening that they were giving away tix to the show....sadly I wasn't paying too much attention & I am not sure what station it was :(

Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator

btw....I heard on the radio this evening that they were giving away tix to the show....sadly I wasn't paying too much attention & I am not sure what station it was :(
I was waiting to hear from someone else before buying my tickets... I needed to know whether to buy 1 or 2. I just heard back from them late last night, finally... and they can't come anyway.

And with all of my delays, it seems the Gold Circle sold out. Crap. My bad.

I just bought a lawn seat - I guess I'll be packing a blanket and/or a folding chair anyway!

Old 08-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by Edge
I just bought a lawn seat - I guess I'll be packing a blanket and/or a folding chair anyway!
Ravana - are you coming?

Old 08-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Rowan
5th Gear
I am waiting on 2 guys to let me know whether they can make it.

If not I am buying my tickets at 1. Will PM you once I get em.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
I am waiting on 2 guys to let me know whether they can make it.

If not I am buying my tickets at 1. Will PM you once I get em.
Cool - I may or may not be online after that, so I'll PM you my cell # now, just in case.