Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

Cadbury Tour

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Cadbury Tour

Okay, here we go with some details:

Let's meet-up a Almost Heaven Desserts on Saturday, September 15th at 9:30AM. Our drive will include a stop at Lambert's Winery near Weston with a tour and tasting, we could also take-in the West Virginia Museum of American Glass (free) and/or the TransAllegheny Lunatic Asylum (one hour tour $10), and lunch at the Stonewall Jackson Resort.

For variety (instead of I-79) we can "connect the dots" with US 19, after gathering at Almost Heaven Desserts. I'll have a draft route planned-out for us on the 15th.

As for the name Cadbury Tour...it's catchy, but as to it's origin...and I'll leave it to your imagination!

Other notes: please excuse my delay in posting. My navigator and I overnighted at Snowshoe late last week and took in the Bald **** trip at Cass. We had kicked around doing something like this for one of our trips. We loved the twisties on US 219 south of Elkins and WV 66 across Back Allegheny Mountain, but it's sooooooooo far away, and would be a difficult day trip.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:42 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Count me in

Thanks John. We'll be there for sure. Looking forward to a nice break albeit not too far away to drive. Maybe just an easy time of it enjoying our Minis and better-halfs!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Great, I'm glad you can be there! Of course you might not recognize Merlin after this weekend of modding... I went crazy and ordered Union Jack valve stem caps and a shorty antenna, "One small step for man..."

Old 08-26-2012, 04:41 PM
RuRu12
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spent the evening at Lambert's Winery yesterday. Very nice place. You'll enjoy the visit.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RuRu12
Spent the evening at Lambert's Winery yesterday. Very nice place. You'll enjoy the visit.
Thanks for the tip! Did you take the tour, wine tasting or both? Hopefully your work schedule will allow you to meet-up with us on September 15th!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 PM
RuRu12
1st Gear
I was there for my High School Class Reunion. I didn't do the formal tour or tasting, although I did sample a few of their wines. Excellent stuff, we took a bottle of their Niagra home with us.

As for the 15th too soon to tell, but I intend to try!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Moving day...

Due to the purchase of a new home, we will be moving this weekend of the Cadbury Tour and the following weekend.

Llanrhaeadr Cymru has posted some nice tid bits about the drive and I hope there are some of you Mini owners out there who can make the drive.

For sure and without a doubt there will be a fall drive to Canaan Valley in October. More info on that to come.

If you are planning to do the Cadbury Tour, please PM John and let him know. It's the nice thing to do seeing he and Lee have to drive up to Almost Heaven from Morgantown. We hate to miss September's drive but moving day cannot be delayed.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:39 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Upcoming drive

Attention Country Roads Mini owners: please contact John and let him know if you are coming to September 15th's drive to Stonewall Jackson Resort better named "The Cadbury Tour". Wish I could make it but for those who plan on being a part, be nice to John and let him know.

I mentioned earlier a fall drive in October. I am working on that right now too b/c I am NOT going to miss a fall drive in WV to Canaan Valley. So be on the watch for more information. For sure we will hit Canaan Valley, Davis and Thomas and for those who want, there could be an overnight stay in the Valley Saturday night and a nice early morning breakfast Sunday morning with a nice drive back home.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
We plan to be there!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Llanrhaeadr_Cymru

Let's meet-up a Almost Heaven Desserts on Saturday, September 15th at 9:30AM. Our drive will include a stop at Lambert's Winery near Weston with a tour and tasting, we could also take-in the West Virginia Museum of American Glass (free) and/or the TransAllegheny Lunatic Asylum (one hour tour $10), and lunch at the Stonewall Jackson Resort.

For variety (instead of I-79) we can "connect the dots" with US 19, after gathering at Almost Heaven Desserts. I'll have a draft route planned-out for us on the 15th.

As for the name Cadbury Tour...it's catchy, but as to it's origin...and I'll leave it to your imagination!

Other notes: please excuse my delay in posting. My navigator and I overnighted at Snowshoe late last week and took in the Bald **** trip at Cass. We had kicked around doing something like this for one of our trips. We loved the twisties on US 219 south of Elkins and WV 66 across Back Allegheny Mountain, but it's sooooooooo far away, and would be a difficult day trip.
PM'd you with a couple of questions

Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM
BportLax
2nd Gear
John, I have to ref some hockey games in the afternoon. I can meet at the coffee shop, but can't make the ride. Let me know the final plans.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:17 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Anybody there!

Wondering about this weekend...is it still on?

Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 PM
BportLax
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINILLA
Wondering about this weekend...is it still on?
I haven't heard from John. Where are you coming from? I have to be in Morgantown by 1:15 Saturday but I'm good until then. Let's do SOMETHING!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 PM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Originally Posted by BportLax
I haven't heard from John. Where are you coming from? I have to be in Morgantown by 1:15 Saturday but I'm good until then. Let's do SOMETHING!
I'm trying to decide....I'm in Culpeper VA, 210 miles away...I was thinking I might drice over Friday night and spend the night somewhere....but I have to rearrange my work schedule....right now it doesn't look like there's enough activity for a 500 mile weekedn drive

Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
BportLax
2nd Gear
I'm trying to decide....I'm in Culpeper VA, 210 miles away...I was thinking I might drice over Friday night and spend the night somewhere....but I have to rearrange my work schedule....right now it doesn't look like there's enough activity for a 500 mile weekedn drive
Yep. That's a long way to come. Maybe you can hook up with us for a fall colors drive.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
A long drive...

Minilla: glad to have you looking at our site. I kinda started this thread about a September drive and in the middle of it all, bought a house and turns out this is the weekend before the big move (local move across town). Believe me, this is a great group of MINI owners that are responsible adults enjoying their MINIs. John did a bang up job of a drive to the destination but alas I cannot make it. But I AM working on a fall October drive to the mountains of beautiful Canaan Valley and the towns of Davis and Thomas, WV. So please please keep an eye for a fall run to these locations. We generally meet up at a local coffee shop and head out from there. Our group is a mix of young, middle age and "upper" middle age(that would be me) folks who enjoy the twisties WV has to offer. So don't get discouraged b/c we really are active since we all began this only a few months ago. Hope to get you with us in October.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Llanrhaeadr_Cymru

I've been off the grid for a few days backpacking in central PA. The drive is a "go" for Saturday with the overall plan as above. We can work-out the fine details Saturday morning.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:11 PM
BportLax
2nd Gear
See ya Saturday morning.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
I'll keep you in mind for October.....I cracked a rib on Wednesday and an 8 hour ride in a MINI isn't going to make me more comfortable.....have a great day.
Philip