Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN) Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (C.O.R.N.) club forum.

Welcome to C.O.R.N

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Beebe
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi drew,

There really isn't any formal membership information. No dues, no applications, no cards. Just posting in the thread and introducing yourself and your car makes you a top tier member.

Occasionally, there will be an event, so I'd recommend subscribing to the C.O.R.N. area if you don't want to miss out on those. As far as I know, there's nothing formally scheduled (such as annual events). If there's an event you'd like to suggest, I say go for it. Personally I'd try to attend anything my schedule allows for.

We recently had a Meet 'n' Greet that had good turnout. I tried to PM people who had posted in the thread, but I must have missed you. I apologize for that oversight and I will make sure you know about the next one.

Welcome!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 AM
drew1969
Neutral
Thanks for the reply. I have subscribed to this thread so I don't miss any announcements!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:10 AM
drew1969
Neutral
I just uploaded images of my MINI. Feel free to wave if you see me driving around!

Cheers.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:15 PM
fishbone
4th Gear
Hey, just noticed I'm not on the list.
Lincoln here

Old 11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Somehow I have been lagging in getting the thread updated. You all know life goes on. When I get home tonight I will TRY to get everyone updated on the list.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM
punkin
Neutral
member: "punkin--Oregon"
love the club's badge design. Do you produce & sell magnetic badges with the wonderful CORN art work
Doran Hays

Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Zyamfier
Doran,
Great to see an Oregon member. I lived in Oregon for about 5 years. Moved back to Nebraska in 2002. Thanks for the compliment on the badge and the name.
Jim
Thanks for the reminder I need to contact Todd again about magnetic badges.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
moltenhalo
3rd Gear
Drove my new mini home for the first time one week ago today! Home is in Council Bluffs, IA. Glad to find a good club like CORN active in the area. My wife and I are planning to join the drive on March 13. See you then!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Rainman768
3rd Gear
Hello,

Ray from Plattsmouth here, signing up for C.O.R.N.

Drive on March 13? I see have some reading to do.

Ray

Old 01-31-2010, 09:24 PM
WildThang
4th Gear
Welcome to the group Ray!

Hope you can make the ride next month!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:59 PM
moltenhalo
3rd Gear
Welcome, Rainman!

Old 02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Zyamfier
Everyone added to this point makes 109 members in C.O.R.N from the day I posted this back on August, 30th 2006. So, that is an average of 2.65 members per month. Not bad for a little car club in Nebraska.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Zappa
5th Gear
Nebraska Camping 2010

Hello! I havent logged into here for ages. Was one of the first members back in 2002 when it was called MiniCooperOnline.

I live in Sioux Falls and wanted to say at 140,000 miles this is the best and most durable car I have ever owned not to mention my ever so tough 1983 AMC Eagle 4X4 which is still like new.

We took our Cooper S to the Nebraska National Forest 2-years ago which was one of the best places to camp and hike. It's amazing what we can pack into the MINI. We also have the roof rack and cargo unit w/ Kayak holder..
Of course the Neb. National forrest is best for ATV's it's also great for some drives in the sandhills, there's a pool (might be closed this year) but just a beautiful area to relax in the trees and park.

Last year we camped several times in our Mini at Ponca State Park which is my favorite (nice roads too) and Niobrara state park which is lovely and not too far for us. There's one more park I would like to visit which is west of Beatrice - Alexandria state park. Said to be one of the more quieter places and great for fishing, relaxig, kicking it back over a fire and just getting some R&R..

Hope to see you on the road or at one of these nice parks this summer!! Let us know if you would like to plan a meet-up.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Hey Jim!

Your little car club has indeed grown! Maybe it is time for a little car club GTG......and here are a few upcoming events:
  1. R4TO Run for the Ozarks - May 13-15, 2010 in Harrison, AR. Sponsored and Hosted by the High Plains Motoring Society HPMS. Want more info? Send me a PM with your name, phone and email address and you will get it.
  2. MTTS - MINIs Take the States - This year the big event comes near you. Join us in Denver, CO on August 6-8, 2010 for 3 days of fun (and it looks like....track time...)
  3. MITM5 - MINIs in the Mountains 5- This year, moved to Winter Park but surely just as fun as ever! www.MINIsintheMountains.com
Let us know if you need more excuses to motor...

Jonathan

Old 04-13-2010, 08:13 AM
moltenhalo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Zappa
Hello! I havent logged into here for ages. Was one of the first members back in 2002 when it was called MiniCooperOnline.

I live in Sioux Falls and wanted to say at 140,000 miles this is the best and most durable car I have ever owned not to mention my ever so tough 1983 AMC Eagle 4X4 which is still like new.

Hope to see you on the road or at one of these nice parks this summer!! Let us know if you would like to plan a meet-up.
Zappa, glad to see you on here! I saw your posts from way back in '02 or '03 I think, when you were checking to see if there were any MINI owners in Omaha and it was sad how little response you got at the time. It's a lot different now, with a MINI dealership here! You should come down and join us for the Missouri River Valley run on April 25th! Check the CORN forum for the thread.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:54 AM
moltenhalo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jsouz
Your little car club has indeed grown! Maybe it is time for a little car club GTG......and here are a few upcoming events:
  1. R4TO Run for the Ozarks - May 13-15, 2010 in Harrison, AR. Sponsored and Hosted by the High Plains Motoring Society HPMS. Want more info? Send me a PM with your name, phone and email address and you will get it.
  2. MTTS - MINIs Take the States - This year the big event comes near you. Join us in Denver, CO on August 6-8, 2010 for 3 days of fun (and it looks like....track time...)
  3. MITM5 - MINIs in the Mountains 5- This year, moved to Winter Park but surely just as fun as ever! www.MINIsintheMountains.com
Let us know if you need more excuses to motor...

Jonathan
If anyone else talks to jsouz and plans to go to the R4TO, let me know.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Zyamfier
Originally Posted by moltenhalo
I am pretty sure tancred is going. Jonathan watches this thread (he is in Colorado) so he may chime in as well. If you have questions feel free to PM him. I am not able to go this year so I have been staying out of the planning. Thus, I am not up to speed to answer questions.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:39 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
The Answer Man

is listening. There is still room in Harrison, AR. I will gladly answer questions or, all information is found in our Google Group HPMS High Plains Motoring Society.

Questions???

Jonathan

PS: See next post for MITM5 info.....

Old 04-16-2010, 06:40 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
MITM5 Logistics and Registration Info

MINIs In The Mountains (MITM) is now open and accepting registrations. This year MINI5280 is proud and excited to announce a change in venue for our annual event – Winter Park Resort, Winter Park CO. That’s right we’ve moved MITM closer to Denver but we are still in the heart of the Colorado Rockies. We hope this will help keep things fresh by giving us the opportunity to try out new roads and explore new towns. Winter Park loves MITM, MITM loves Winter Park and we know you will too.

I’m sending you this email because there is some important news to share. First, our registration site is now open and we are sure you will like our prices for MITM 2010. Our goal this year was to minimize costs and maximize enjoyment. To that end we have lowered registration fees and have dropped the boring old banquet in favor of an exciting Sunday brunch. I just registered my family of 5, including extra shirts, car show entry, extra badges and brunch tickets and it only cost me $153. You’ll have to agree this is a great price and goes a long way toward meeting our minimize cost goal. To further lower costs we have negotiated hard and got some awesome room rates at Winter Park Resort. The entry level rate for this year is just $65/night (and this includes cool clean mountain air and some of the best vistas in Colorado). We know the economy is getting better but times are still hard so we just wanted to do our part and make MITM 2010 as affordable as possible.

Second, as you have probably heard by now MINI Takes The States (MTTS) will be concluding in Denver during the same weekend as MITM. This is a huge opportunity and MINI5280 could not be happier. We have worked closely with MINI USA to be sure that neither of our events were exclusive of the other and this is what we came up with: a registration for MITM will get you into MTTS for free (saves you $25), MITM will enjoy a MTTS event in Winter Park on Friday and MTTS will host MITM in Denver on Saturday. Since the main activities for MTTS are on Saturday and Denver is only a very fun hour from Winter Park this will all work out great. So not only has our event registration cost dropped, but now you get two-for-one; MITM & MTTS! This goes for our vendors as well so if you are a vendor at MITM on Thursday and Friday then on Saturday you can motor down the hill and sell your stuff at MTTS for free (This saves you $200).

Finally, this year we will still have our famed MINI rides though the best scenery in the country over some of the best MINI roads anywhere. We will enjoy a cruise through the town of Winter Park on Thursday evening complete with a concert in the park, We will be bringing back our NUF! Car show on Friday morning and we have a cocktail social and outdoor movie planned for Friday evening. You have come to expect a well run, fun event from MITM and those are again our top priorities. Oh and of course – Saturday night, 10:00 PM sharp, we’ll be heading up an old favorite – Mt. Evans! At 14,242’ it is the highest paved road in the nation and topping it at midnight is an experience not to be missed.

So book now for MITM 2010 and enjoy a new venue, new rides, new activities and some old favorites. Don’t put it off any longer!
Please visit our website at www.MinisInTheMountains.com for more information, some fun videos and of course to register for MITM 2010. If you have any further questions or comments I’d be happy to hear them. Drop me an email at info@minisinthemountains.com and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your time. Hope to see you and all your friends this year in Winter Park, CO for MITM!

(provided by Chuck Maybee)

JPS

Old 04-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Rainman768
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by moltenhalo
We won't be. :sad face:

Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Donatello
Neutral
CORN on Facebook

Hi - Has anyone created a Facebook page for CORN? Because that would be really helpful...especially for organizing & posting events.

Donatello

Old 04-25-2010, 05:17 PM
sid206
1st Gear
Hello CORN,
I'm a recent Mini Owner and I live in Chadron in the Panhandle. I am looking for a group who is willing to share everything they know and answer any questions on Mini and just share the true love of Auto's.

I do plan on attending the Mini's in the Mountian's event so I hope to meet some of you if you plan to attend. I hope you will accept me into your group.
Nice to meet you all.

~KEvin

Old 04-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Rainman768
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sid206
Hello CORN,
I'm a recent Mini Owner and I live in Chadron in the Panhandle. I am looking for a group who is willing to share everything they know and answer any questions on Mini and just share the true love of Auto's.

I do plan on attending the Mini's in the Mountian's event so I hope to meet some of you if you plan to attend. I hope you will accept me into your group.
Nice to meet you all.

~KEvin
Hello Kevin. Congratulations on your MINI/Mini. They're a blast to drive.

They let me in so your odds are good! :P

Old 04-25-2010, 07:03 PM
moltenhalo
3rd Gear
Welcome Sid206! Donatello, yes, there is a Facebook CORN thread. We had a great run down to St. Joseph and back today too!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
WildThang
4th Gear
@ Donatello: We are on Facebook! Use the search at FB, search for:
C.O.R.N (Coopers of Omaha and Rural Nebraska)

@sid206
Welcome to C.O.R.N. fellow MINI Cooper Owner! So...tell us details here, year, color, options?

Watch our forums for more rides this year, hope you can join some of our motoring tours!

Quick Reply: Welcome to C.O.R.N